MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Hmmm.....got to go with Kilmonger, even if he's only taken the super soldier herb and doesn't have a vibranium suit.

While Skull is somewhat super strong, fast and tough he's not particularly skillful - he's more of an evil mastermind whereas Kilmonger has made a career out of personally killing people and has the skill to hold off a couple of Dora Milaje at once.

Also, the Skull suffers from overconfidence and the belief he's superior - which often leads to his downfall, he's kind of like a Bond villain that way.

Kilmonger gloats too, but AFTER he's won the fight.

With or without the suit, Killmonger takes Red Skull

RS may have a slight strength advantage, but fighting skills, tactical skills, endurance, all go to N'Jadaka
I don't know man. I think you guys are underestimating the Red Skull. I know we saw him in limited fight scenes in Captain America but the few he was in, he totally handled Cap. He's basically the German version of Cap as he himself has said. So he is not only peak strength but peak everything else as well.

I don't know man. I think you guys are underestimating the Red Skull. I know we saw him in limited fight scenes in Captain America but the few he was in, he totally handled Cap. He's basically the German version of Cap as he himself has said. So he is not only peak strength but peak everything else as well.

Fair comment, but that was a very early and green version of Cap - the Cap we see in Winter Soldier or Civil War would have kicked his ass IMHO. Also MCU Cap is wayyy more than peak human, he shows us a bunch of superhuman strength and durability feats ( eg goes toe to toe with Ultron and Thanos and lives).

Skull may be just as tough and strong as Cap, but I don't believe he has Cap's tactical genius or skills - and Kilmonger is a highly trained black ops assassin, even before he gets enhanced. Skull might have a small chance against Kilmonger without the vibranium suit, but with it Kilmonger would turn him into the Red Tomato paste.

If this was Skull vs an unenhanced Kilmonger it would still be close if Kilmonger had some blades.

The winner is Killmonger 4-0. Next up:

Loki
upload_2019-9-14_19-14-44.jpeg

vs.

The Black Panther
5a85c47f1e000046057abd1c.jpeg

This is because I'm curious how you guys rank his suit against a powerhouse like Loki because Vibranium laced suits tend to put these guys in higher tiers than street guys.

Loki
View attachment 28514

vs.

The Black Panther

This is because I'm curious how you guys rank his suit against a powerhouse like Loki because Vibranium laced suits tend to put these guys in higher tiers than street guys.

Essentially Black Panther (with the suit) is a more durable version of Cap. With his enhanced strength and speed and fighting skills he could certainly fight Loki hand to hand.....plus that kinetic blast attack would probably knock Loki around.

However, Loki is probably stronger (he's a frost giant) and more durable - he has gone toe to toe with Thor (with weapons) and survived being smashed by the Hulk. While T'Challa's claws would certainly harm Loki, I doubt they would kill him right away. Loki would likely have an asgardian dagger or two, which can draw blood from Thor - not sure if the vibranium suit could stand up to a piercing attack like that (rather than a simple blunt force attack).

More dangerous are Loki's illusions and magic - while he's not as powerful a magician in the MCU as he is in the comics he still might be able to trick T'Challa into attacking a fake Loki and slip a blade into his back while he's distracted.

I'm saying it will be close, but I'm going with Loki.

Yeah, I think T'Challa's tech is very impressive, but not Asgardian magic impressive. Loki wins.

Loki

Not only does he posses powerful magic but he's also far more durable.

tumblr_oo75uprDq91vfmsbyo1_500.gif

To quote Kanye lol "What's a king to a god?"

• God of mischief
  • By far stronger
  • Arguably more skilled fighter
  • Insane durability
  • Illusion projection

Loki
View attachment 28514

vs.

The Black Panther

Loki, easily. To put it bluntly, T'Challa is out of his league. The best he could do is play keep away and try to survive. He is otherwise fighting an opponent vastly out of his league with powers for which he has no meaningful counter.

At best, he might be able to knock down Loki via an absorbed energy *once*. The problem is, this isn't actually going to matter much. Loki is too durable. And even that depends on T'Challa being able to soak up energy beforehand, which is not at all a sure thing ( I would not want to beat my life on the vibranium undies being able to make a hit from Loki's energy daggers survivable ).

Loki wins 4-0. Next up:

Hawkeye
giphy.gif

vs Bullseye
giphy.gif

Hawkeye. He is basically Bullseye, if Bullseye had a long heroic career, broader training, and vastly better equipment. And also wasn't a sociopath.

Hawkeye. He is basically Bullseye, if Bullseye had a long heroic career, broader training, and vastly better equipment. And also wasn't a sociopath.
Kind of late to join the party but I digress......every vote counts. Welcome aboard! :up:

Yeah, I agree, Hawkeye and Bullseye have the same shtick, but Hawkeye also has SHIELD hand to hand training and high tech toys, so in a fair fight, Hawkeye wins.

Realistically, of course, the real answer is they don't fight fair, so whoever attacks first wins because neither one would miss...

Loki wins 4-0. Next up:

Hawkeye
giphy.gif

vs Bullseye
giphy.gif

Hawkeye for the win.

Imo Bullseye just doesn't have the same amount of feats to really compete with Clint. Feel like his lethality went up 10 fold as Ronin as well.

After Endgame I'm going with Hawkeye for the win - new heights of deadlines and willingness to kill people in nasty ways. If these were the comic versions my vote might be different but MCU Hawkeye would take this comfortably IMHO.

Also at close range it doesn't even look to be close. Hawkeye has held his own against (Black Widow, temporarily against Black Panther and aliens)

I thought it was always sort of shown that Matt was the far better fighter of the two and Kingpin flat out broke him.

giphy.gif

Bit late to the party but yeah, I would have gone with Clint as well.

Most fights are not even, competitive matches. It takes a considerable amount of effort to find them.

Do you guys consider Deadpool apart of the MCU? I Mean, it's rumored that he will straight up crossover into the MCU. Can he and his gang be considered a MCU guys?

Hawkeye wins 5-0. Next up:

The Black Order(minus Thanos)
6544627-7967193824-VCpE2.gif

Vs the original Avengers
giphy.gif

The order is outnumbered to begin with and I never saw anything in IW to suggest that either Proxima or Corvus were significantly stronger or faster than (at most) Cap, and they didn't seem extraordinarily durable, either. Hawkeye, Black Widow and Cap working together could handle them. The Hulk - without all his later issues - would handle Cull with ease. Which leaves Thor and Iron Man together to tag team on Ebony Maw. He'd be a challenge, but if he can be hurt by flying debris, he can be hurt by Iron Man's missiles and Mjolnir - and I doubt he could hurt Thor at all, and Iron Man's proved plenty of times his contingency plans can bring him back into a fight that looked lost - so it's just a matter of time before they wear him down.

The Avengers win.

The Avengers take this. Cap, Widow and Falcon easily took down Corvus and Proxima - can't see Cap, Widow and Hawkeye having too many problems with them. Iron Man and Hulk would defeat Cull leaving Ebony Maw to face Thor...... which wouldn't last long. Yes, he was able to restrain a badly beaten Thor, but could he hold back Mjolnir, or deflect lightning strikes ? I think not. Strange's spell on the amulet burned Maw, so he has no extra resistance to magic. I think Thor would crush him pretty quickly.

However, if Maw took out the less powerful Avengers quickly then Thor, Tony and Hulk would have their hands full with Maw and Cull backed up by Corvus and Proxima, wielding weapons that could probably harm even Thor and Hulk.

I think a lot of this comes down to the opening seconds of the engagement - although all the Order show massive overconfidence in battles, which would be fatal against a determined Avengers team.

Avengers. Sorry Black order, with the exception of Maw, I wasn't too impressed with the team, Thor could probably take them out on his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"