Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s never focused on her TP in the books anyway. We don’t know the limits of it bc she’s only ever used it to communicate. Monet offers more variety than her ethnicity. The X-men don’t really have a snarky *witch* like her besides Emma. Her attitude and personality can add quite a bit to a team dynamic
Agreed. I would love to see her.

Not at the expense of classic Rogue, but these are the kinds of characters I want to get to once the main guys have been introduced.

Marvel really needs to bring the X-men to television and (quality) animation.

X-Factor and Generation X on Netflix.
New Mutants on Hulu
An animated series about the Utopia years (we've had three X-men cartoons about the school already so Utopia is a fresh concept)
DTV animated movies about the X-men's most epic stories.

New Mutants on Hulu
An animated series about the Utopia years (we've had three X-men cartoons about the school already so Utopia is a fresh concept)

I would love it if they could all exist in the same universe too.

I would love it if they could all exist in the same universe too.
If anyone can do it, it's Marvel/Disney. The division between Marvel Studios and television causes some problems (Inhumans), but the Runaways and Cloak and Dagger speak to the potential in expanding X-men content.

I think a big challenge for adapting the X-men are the different generations of characters. Over the last 60 years we've had:

First Class O5
Giant Sized
The New Mutants
Generation X
Academy X
The 5 Lights
Jean Grey School

Some groups are obviously more iconic than others and lend themselves to adaptation, but these characters do have dynamics based on their generations. If you want to take characters from, for example, the New Mutants and Generation X, how do you do that temporally? Mix and match or adapt 60 years in an accelerated way?

Will Marvel age characters in real time like it seems they do for the Avengers?

Last edited:

New Mutants on Hulu

They're not putting anything new on Netflix. It would go to Disney's streaming site or Hulu.

They're not putting anything new on Netflix. It would go to Disney's streaming site or Hulu.

As they should. Making all these shows and putting them across multiple streaming services was one of the worst decisions they did in recent years. Thankfully going forward, they will consolidate this mess and put new ones on their own

New Mutants on Hulu

Do you mean X-Factor investigation? I think it would be great for TV. Now that Val Cooper X-Factor, led by Alex could be a movie franchise.

And about New Mutants, I thought about it as a TV show, but I don't think Marvel will do it. There are some A-List there that I feel they'll want it on the big screen. Illyanna, Sam, Beto and Rahne can be useful not only for the X-Men franchise but eventually for X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, etc...

And a big yes for Marvel animated movies in general.

Do you mean X-Factor investigation? I think it would be great for TV. Now that Val Cooper X-Factor, led by Alex could be a movie franchise.

And about New Mutants, I thought about it as a TV show, but I don't think Marvel will do it. There are some A-List there that I feel they'll want it on the big screen. Illyanna, Sam, Beto and Rahne can be useful not only for the X-Men franchise but eventually for X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, etc...

And a big yes for Marvel animated movies in general.
thats pretty much the Avengers with mutants. I dont think he concept is different enough to warrant a film

I think New Mutants work if you have older X-men. A group of 20 somethings established first and then spinoff the franchise into one focused on the kids and the school. Yeah, the NMs have too many good characters that should be in movies, not tv

People hated on Fox's announcement of a Kitty Pryde movie but I thought it was genius. The perfect set up for that would be to have it be a pseudo-Excalibur film. Its a wacky, zany concept that could work in the MCU and be completely different from anything we've seen

thats pretty much the Avengers with mutants. I dont think he concept is different enough to warrant a film

I don't think the Avengers franchise is known as the superhero group working for the government. The Avengers franchise kind of has become this all-star superhero movie. When I think about an X-Factor movie based on that Val Cooper team, I think about X-Men First Class vibe.

And if you want to explore and expand the mutant universe, which Marvel will eventually do, I think that X-Factor is different enough.

I don't think the Avengers franchise is known as the superhero group working for the government. The Avengers franchise kind of has become this all-star superhero movie. When I think about an X-Factor movie based on that Val Cooper team, I think about X-Men First Class vibe.

And if you want to explore and expand the mutant universe, which Marvel will eventually do, I think that X-Factor is different enough.

Yes they are. SHIELD is the government organization that the Avengers were introduced working for. Cooper would literally be a female stand in for Nick Fury

Yes they are. SHIELD is the government organization that the Avengers were introduced working for. Cooper would literally be a female stand in for Nick Fury

I'm not talking about inside the MCU. I've never really met anyone referring to the Avengers as "Oh yeah, that superhero team that works for the goverment".

Anyway, I still think it can be different and have its own identity, in terms of tone, story, themes and how it can expand the mutant universe. And highly different from the Avengers.

I'm not talking about inside the MCU. I've never really met anyone referring to the Avengers as "Oh yeah, that superhero team that works for the goverment".

Anyway, I still think it can be different and have its own identity, in terms of tone, story, themes and how it can expand the mutant universe. And highly different from the Avengers.

who would even be on it? I dont think something like that works in the universe thats already been established. How do you yourself pitch this?

who would even be on it? I dont think something like that works in the universe thats already been established. How do you yourself pitch this?

Pitch? That's not my job. If you understand about pitching, you know how important it is to sell an idea in that industry. And you need to know how to do it. I don't. How do you pitch FF in an universe where Ant-Man has become the "family-franchise" of the MCU? I don't know.

I'm merely saying that I believe in the characters they have and I believe in the material. When I think about that X-Factor, I think about First Class. And despite Winter Soldier, one movie, Marvel does not have a franchise with a more "political thriller" vibe. Plus, the X-Men universe has constantly reflecting social issues, X-Factor can explore it through different lens.

There are more cosmic heroes and teams coming. There will be more superheroes and teams, there will be more than one mutant team. Marvel will make them different from each other. And there are many ways to do it in terms of tone, style, thematic.

I think the Avengers haven't worked for the government since the 1st movie.

Yeah, X-Factor would be nothing like the Avengers. For one, the purpose of both groups are completely different

My only exposure to Monet is the all-female X-Men series. Were her and Jubilee that adversarial back in Generation X?
Im just seeing this post now and yes it was. It was actually worse as they hated each other

RmN6n4E.jpg

jubilee-vs-m.jpg

Pitch? That's not my job. If you understand about pitching, you know how important it is to sell an idea in that industry. And you need to know how to do it. I don't. How do you pitch FF in an universe where Ant-Man has become the "family-franchise" of the MCU? I don't know.

I'm merely saying that I believe in the characters they have and I believe in the material. When I think about that X-Factor, I think about First Class. And despite Winter Soldier, one movie, Marvel does not have a franchise with a more "political thriller" vibe. Plus, the X-Men universe has constantly reflecting social issues, X-Factor can explore it through different lens.

There are more cosmic heroes and teams coming. There will be more superheroes and teams, there will be more than one mutant team. Marvel will make them different from each other. And there are many ways to do it in terms of tone, style, thematic.
Obviously its not your job but this is a message board where we come to discuss these properties and share ideas. This thread has been months of people posting multiple pitches for how they can envision the X-line being incorporated. I dont X-Factor is a good idea and works with the current universe but you think it does, hence why I tried to engage you in a discussion bc I thought you had something to say beyond the I think it should be included just because. Im not a Marvel exec asking you for a first draft script

Generation X is lovely, and probably the best example of the X-men themes and formula. The cast is diverse and genders are equal, and a lot of characters' mutations make them look very non-normative. Jubilee is the only character to not be obscure thanks to TAS though. We're all waiting for the icons to finally be fully-realized on screen, but the X-men have so many characters waiting for the big breaks.
Yup, I meant X-Factor Investigations! It would work so well alongside Marvel's Netflix shows in tone and content (with maybe a little more quirky humor). What's happening with these shows in light of Disney streaming?

It would be great if they can establish Cannonball in another franchise (like an MCU New Mutants or X-Force) and then down the line have Husk show up in Generation X.

You could also do a Morlocks spinoff with Callisto, Caliban, Skids, Bezerker, Scaleface, Leech and Artie. Callisto as the lead fighting with Bezerker for leadership and Artie and Leach being the kids of the group, going on Stranger Things-esque adventures. But I have a feeling Marvel will want the Morlocks for the movies

Last edited:
You could also do a Morlocks spinoff with Callisto, Caliban, Skids, Bezerker, Scaleface, Leech and Artie. Callisto as the lead fighting with Bezerker for leadership and Artie and Leach being the kids of the group, going on Stranger Things-esque adventures. But I have a feeling Marvel will want the Morlocks for the movies
Why? Even within the X-men, the Morlocks are F listers and have never been their own franchise. They work within the X-men as a highlight of class differences but It really isn’t something that should stand on their own. There are tons of properties that should have their own movie. The Morlocks are not one of them

Last edited:
I could imagine in an alternate reality fox never got bought out and ran the franchise further into the ground and made a MorloX movie. Lol

Obviously its not your job but this is a message board where we come to discuss these properties and share ideas. This thread has been months of people posting multiple pitches for how they can envision the X-line being incorporated. I dont X-Factor is a good idea and works with the current universe but you think it does, hence why I tried to engage you in a discussion bc I thought you had something to say beyond the I think it should be included just because. Im not a Marvel exec asking you for a first draft script

I get it, but it's just that I really don't know how to pitch anything. I don't even know how I can pitch the X-Men.

I really think the X-Factor can add a lot expanding the mutant universe and can have a more political thriller vibe, which the MCU doesn't have currently. And I also love the characters. And although I have this First Class vibe in mind, I'm fine if Marvel find another tone to make it work.

I could imagine in an alternate reality fox never got bought out and ran the franchise further into the ground and made a MorloX movie. Lol

With a very white cast upfront, because of course FOX would make a Morlock movie before giving Storm or other characters of color a spotlight.

So Artie and "Leach" would be 10 years younger than the X-men then? Since you're advocating for the team to be teenagers. Imagine Cyclops, Storm and Jean eventually fighting 20 year old Artie and Leech. How fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"