MCU X-Men - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You suggested an X-Men in their mid 20s. If they formed when they were teens, that makes them have a decade worth of experience. If they are in their early 20s, that gives them 5 or 6 years worth of experience which isn't as bad. As long as they formed after Thanos attacked
Decades implies more than one and you've even mentioned up to 30 years (which would be 3 decades). I envision them having first come together a few years ago, (like 18, 19 to start), giving them roughly around 7ish years together. Thats less than a decade

Now you're putting words into MY mouth because I never said anything about a 50 year old. 30+ still too old to be playing College kids in their early 20s imo. Get actors who are in their actual 20s
. No, Im not. Did YOU NOT say that most people were suggesting actors mid 40s and older? Go to post 935 bc its in a previous response you made to me. Is older than mid 40s, not considered pushing 50?

Well, I had no idea. I just started reading the series a few months ago. I haven't made it to Vol 6 yet but it's really great so far. It's interesting to see these kids reacting to their older selfs, especially Scott dealing with who he is going to become and Jean dealing with the fact that she will be dead.

Oh thats the first series which was cancelled 3 years ago. Enjoy it while it lasts bc the followup to that is awful

Decades implies more than one and you've even mentioned up to 30 years (which would be 3 decades). I envision them having first come together a few years ago, (like 18, 19 to start), giving them roughly around 7ish years together. Thats less than a decade
30 years i.e 30 year olds. Where did the 3 decades come from? I'm using hyperbole when I say "Decades" but it's pretty obvious what I mean. A team with a decade of experience.

In your pitch, that's pretty close to a decade. 7 years ago, the Avengers didn't even exist in the MCU. And if we go by 2021, they formed after AOU.

No, Im not. Did YOU NOT say that most people were suggesting actors mid 40s and older? Go to post 935 bc its in a previous response you made to me. Is older than mid 40s, not considered pushing 50?
I was talking about your first sentence when you mentioned 30 year olds not the latter half of 40-50. And when I say early 20s, I mean 20-23 years old. People fresh out of High-school going to College.

Oh thats the first series which was cancelled 3 years ago. Enjoy it while it lasts bc the followup to that is awful
I'll keep that in mind.

I wonder what the first x reference will be in an mcu movie? Hank McCoy chatting about biology on a news program? Worthington industries being mentioned as one of the rivals for Stark tech?

Magneto turning up on the White House and making the president lick his boots clean?

Professor X on CNN talking about the "mutant problem". Maybe debating with Norman Osborn. In a movie where neither is a featured player.

The xmen have so many iconic covers, when they release the first poster which cover should they be inspired by?

Obviously they would have to change the cast and some things but this would be an interesting structure, unless it’s too similar to the FF #1 cover

I wonder what the first x reference will be in an mcu movie? Hank McCoy chatting about biology on a news program? Worthington industries being mentioned as one of the rivals for Stark tech?

Magneto turning up on the White House and making the president lick his boots clean?

If they did Worthington Industries that could mean Angel featuring more than expected. Maybe have Oscorp in the mix too in the MCU corporate race. ;)

The xmen have so many iconic covers, when they release the first poster which cover should they be inspired by?

Obviously they would have to change the cast and some things but this would be an interesting structure, unless it’s too similar to the FF #1 cover

If we're talking about iconic covers, I like the idea of playing with the X-Men "invading" the MCU:

Giant-Size-X-Men-1-Free-Download.jpg

If we're talking about iconic covers, I like the idea of playing with the X-Men "invading" the MCU:

I was just about to post this with the Avengers/GoTG taking the place of the original X-men

I was just about to post this with the Avengers/GoTG taking the place of the original X-men

Yep. The reaction to "the mutant invasion" and "who are those heroes?"

So glad X-MEN are back with Marvel soon. Stuff like this can happen and X-MEN can be cool in the books again. This picture just reminds me how diverse X-MEN can be. Hopefully we can see something like this for X-MEN VI or VII!

uncanny_x-men_teaser.jpg

Jean Grey, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Honey Badger, X-23, Gentle, Trinary, Multiple Man, Domino, Jubilee, Bishop, Beast, Shark Girl, Rachel Summers, Glob Herman, Surge, Prodigy, Sunfire, Firestar, Armor, Husk, Eye-Boy, Shatterstar, Nature Girl, Wolfsbane, Rockslide, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Pixie, Archangel, Cannonball, Oya, Kid Apocalypse, BAMF, Warpath, Pyslocke, Magik, Dazzler, Havok, Colossus, Forge, Sunspot, Hellion, Dust, Sunspot, Magma, Cessily Kincaid, Doug Ramsey, Boom Boom, Northstar, Polaris, and Anole

I don't really have any casting suggestions except for a while now, I have thought that Ben Foster would be a great Wolverine.

Why are they so hell bent on putting a head piece on Jean Grey in the comics? Lol.

Lol at the X-men *not* being the time and the place for diversity.

Exactly. When the new X-men members were introduced in Giant Size X-Men #1, they were either non-white or non-American.
Sunfire-Japanese
Banshee-Scottish
Nightcrawler-German
Storm-African
Colossus-Russian
Thunderbird-Native American
Wolverine-Canadian

Use the female Wolverine for the movies. Just saying.

Use the female Wolverine for the movies. Just saying.
You say this so much, I'm not sure if you're serious anymore. But I highly doubt they will use Laura over Logan and he should be closer to the comics than Hugh

I would like to see Sunfire on MCU X-Men.

Sunfire would be cool. I don't see him used too much either. Though I can imagine he would be a headache for the hijacking cgi.

I'd also like to see a more accurate depiction of Silver Samurai. He got the Barakapool treatment too, but there wasn't too much fuss made about him at the time. It probably helped that The Wolverine was a good film overall and he's a more obscure character, but I still feel that film suffered for it.

If they did Worthington Industries that could mean Angel featuring more than expected. Maybe have Oscorp in the mix too in the MCU corporate race. ;)

That would be cool! I thought something like that or like someone gets shot by a mysterious assailant and we scroll over to their face and it’s just some random. And then we see their eyes glow gold and we know it’s Mystique. Mystique in the MCU is going to be so much fun

I thought that would be perfect for a sequel

Oh that’s clever!

So glad X-MEN are back with Marvel soon. Stuff like this can happen and X-MEN can be cool in the books again. This picture just reminds me how diverse X-MEN can be. Hopefully we can see something like this for X-MEN VI or VII!

uncanny_x-men_teaser.jpg

Same, it’s a beautiful cover and it’s cool to see the x-women front and centre

I would like to see Sunfire on MCU X-Men.

Me too! He’s the mutant I most want to see as well as Northstar

Milo Gibson is my pick for Logan/Wolverine and honestly I think Mel's son he is on his way to being a breakout star and this role would be the perfect one for him if anything

Of course I'm super excited about the X-Men team done right, the characters done right, the diversity up and front, the girls with big roles and all.

But now I just realized there is a very interesting and diverse "power set" to explore (that was never fully explored on FOX). Cyclops, Storm, Bobby, Rogue, Psylocke, Jean, Kurt, Eric, Illyana, Sam, Gambit, Havok, Lorna, Jubilee, Colossus, Sunfire, Danni, Dazzler...

Can't wait to see the team in combat. It could (and should) be very interesting visually. Can't wait to see Marvel's take on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"