Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh riot at Xavier’s would be so much fun. And a great way to show off varying powersets

So for MCU Beast should the creative team go with big blue furry, gray fur or a better take on the cat looking beast in order to differentiate from Fox?

I’m not familiar with a lot of the comics except for AOApoc, DOFP and Dark Phoenix I would like a movie that sets the tone how mutants are really hated and feared. Protesting @ DC the capital or White House, human/mutant riots, FOH acting like the KKK, Xavier speaking out on human/mutant relations, different human antagonist; Crayden Creed, Stephan Lang, Henry Gryich, etc. I agree that PhaseX (I like that by the way) should be a darker side to the lightheartedly side of the MCU we’ve gotten. Themes of racism, discrimination, prejudice, intolerance, injustice, do the right the thing, would make for a good political/civil rights X-Men movie since it’s reflective of the time we’re living in now. And the sequel could be rise of Magento and his brotherhood after the events of the first film. A post credit scene ft him wearing his uniform, his helmet at his side, watching a press conference he does something fancy/scary with his powers from there the screen goes blank.

I would really enjoy a more realistic looking Beast (if that's possible). I find the blue creature to be pretty stupid looking. And I despise Nicholas Hoult, so that might contribute to my dislike of Beast, but I just think they could do better with the look.

6fb1b71840d0f82d86259004baa9d6aa.jpg

Give this Beast his classic hairstyle and a pair of glasses and he's good to go.

It can be the first film to break the glass ceiling by having an openly gay superhero.
Too late, Deadpool 2 already did it. Unless you meant a male gay superhero.

I think I want a more animalistic Beast since the Fox versions all had a human face minus FC:
beast_by_uncannyknack-d7ykgzd.jpg

And he should definitely be created via Mocap so we can get the big hands and feet and long limbs. Holt running around on all fours in practical makeup just looks off. And he's not nearly as bulky as I want him.

Yeah, more animal. Very...beast-like, I guess. And maybe if the blue could be just a tad less neon this time around? Darker, grittier, is always the way to go, I think, with superhero movies. And yes, much bulkier.

I'm just wanting to clarify that you think they should have a CGI Dev Patel walking around in the MCU pre-Beast serum?

Aside from the obvious uncanny valley problems that would arise, it's almost counterintuitive for someone to fight so adamantly for minority representation in superhero movies, but then have them appear CGI on said film.
CGI Dev Patel needs his own twitter account and marketing team! :funny:

Also there needs to be a showdown in 10 years or so once CGI Dev Patel has really made a name for himself, in a WWE cage match between Dev Patel and CGI Dev Patel. That could be a huge pay-per-view.

I think I want a more animalistic Beast since the Fox versions all had a human face minus FC:
beast_by_uncannyknack-d7ykgzd.jpg

And he should definitely be created via Mocap so we can get the big hands and feet and long limbs. Holt running around on all fours in practical makeup just looks off. And he's not nearly as bulky as I want him.
Animalistic and mocap Beast is definitely what I want.

I've had enough Beast for a good while, I'd rather they pull in some other smarties, like Forge or Cecila Reyes or maybe even Dr Nemesis
Can even drop in Nemesis or Reyes as coworkers of Dr Strange for those wider MCU connections

And Mystique, while a good character, needs to be retired on film for at least the next decade or two... enough of her, goddamit

I wouldn't mind Beast being older and more of a peer of Stark and Richards. More of a character that branches out into the wider MCU

The last time Beast didn't suck in a movie was The Last Stand, he deserves another chance. Plus he's a much more... toy-friendly character than either Reyes or *stifles laughter* Forge.

The last time Beast didn't suck in a movie was The Last Stand, he deserves another chance. Plus he's a much more... toy-friendly character than either Reyes or *stifles laughter* Forge.
I think Beast was pretty great in First Class. After that? Yeah... But I disagree about Forge not being toyetic. His power is the ability to build ANYTHING. He has a cybernetic right leg. I'm sure Hasbro and co can come up with a plethora of gadgets and tech to put in a Forge figure package. I'd argue that he is one of the MOST toyetic X-Men characters because he is basically the mutant version of Tony Stark

Last edited:
But I disagree about Forge not being toyetic. His power is the ability to build ANYTHING. He has a cybernetic right leg. I'm sure Hasbro and co can come up with a plethora of gadgets and tech to put in a Forge figure package. I'd argue that he is one of the MOST toyetic X-Men characters because he is basically the mutant version of Tony Stark

Quite right
Beast was always the wackest toy in the x-men line... "Look he can do a flip (and always land on his face)" "What accessories should he have?" "I dunno, like some books and a pair of glasses..?" "Oh the kiddos will love this!"
Mock Forge and others as some may, I wouldn't laugh too soon considering Marvel's track record of turning D-listers into household names

Yeah, more animal. Very...beast-like, I guess. And maybe if the blue could be just a tad less neon this time around? Darker, grittier, is always the way to go, I think, with superhero movies. And yes, much bulkier.
Yeah, I like a beastly Beast with a darker shade of blue. What I want I don’t think can be achieved using practical effects, particularly Beast's agility.

Quite right
Beast was always the wackest toy in the x-men line... "Look he can do a flip (and always land on his face)" "What accessories should he have?" "I dunno, like some books and a pair of glasses..?" "Oh the kiddos will love this!"
Mock Forge and others as some may, I wouldn't laugh too soon considering Marvel's track record of turning D-listers into household names
I need to find the best Beast statue out there.

So do I, but knowing Marvel they'll probably put her in a white full bodysuit instead. :o
For the white dress, I can see Marvel doing something similar to what they did for Elodie Yung's Elektra suit from S2 season finale. I just don't think the black and red worked very well for that costume.

I think Beast was pretty great in First Class. After that? Yeah...

I'd have to disagree. Hoult's FC make-up was some of the worst of the franchise, maybe even of the genre as far as high profile IPs is concerned.

I do agree with the sentiment that blue furry Beast should be moCap/CGi. Just not a fan of seeing Dev Patel with CGi muscles lol

But I disagree about Forge not being toyetic. His power is the ability to build ANYTHING. He has a cybernetic right leg. I'm sure Hasbro and co can come up with a plethora of gadgets and tech to put in a Forge figure package. I'd argue that he is one of the MOST toyetic X-Men characters because he is basically the mutant version of Tony Stark

I'm sure some people on here already know that the next Marvel Legends line is actually coming out with a Forge figure.

I just meant how Elodie Yung's Elektra "loin cloth" look should be how they adapt Mystique's similar-looking "loincloth" costume. Though really there's no one stopping them from going all in on an actual "dress."

As for the Netflix costumes, I agree I think it's the materials they use that make them look cheap. As good as all Daredevil's seasons have been, his costume, especially the red/black one looks distractingly bad. I always find myself doing a double take every time I see his cowl, thinking it fell forward lower on his face the last shot they showed. I'm so glad he went back to his all black (though I'm only on episode 5 of the latest season).

Last edited:
Beast checks off so many boxes. He can't pass as a human, he can deliver science exposition, and is articulate enough to defend mutant rights in courts.

I don't want to say that any character from the Fox movies needs a break. I was sick of Peter Parker before Homecoming came out, so the right casting and writing can totally revitalize a tired character. It would be a shame not see the Rogue/Nightcrawler/Mystique/Destiny family drama just because Fox has exhausted Mystique.

I like Forge a lot. Again, read Lifedeath #1 if you haven't!

Last edited:
The advantage of how the First Class films, JLaw, Vaughn, Singer and Kinberg have butchered Mystique is that the MCU can tread closer to 616 Mystique and it would still feel fresh and not a rehash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"