• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yessss Elizabeth, manifest this into existence. Establishing Wanda as a mutant would be the cleanest, most seamlessly way Marvel Studios could introduce the concept in the 616 MCU.
Not really. Because changing her from a Nuhuman does not necessarily mean her powers has to change. Feige was completely right, she was a Nuhuman for a purpose. And that purpose was to push a brand, in an attempt to allow Marvel to be able to financially sideline the X books like they were able to do with the FF. And that same reasoning is here. Her powers were changed to support a brand.
Right, and as you said, that purpose was to phase our X-Men from media. But I don't see how does this negatively forecast Feige's handling of the X-Men?

What’s Nuhuman?
Humans with Inhuman DNA who were activated by Black Bolt's Terrigen bomb. It was a way for Marvel entertainment to create enough Inhumans that they could be used as a thematical and material substitute for mutants in the Marvel Universe.

Kamala Khan was among the first as part of this wider brand initiative. If she were created a year earlier, she would've been a mutie.

I want Magneto X-Men to be important to MCU X-Men long term but not to dominate the villain roster like he did before. I’d prefer he wasn’t the main villain for a while.

I’d also prefer MCU X-Men and MCU Wolverine to both launch separately and successfully. I want the GA to have their own favourites from the new X-Men with no Wolverine in sight in film 1. Then after he also launches successfully (hopefully alongside Hulk to reflect the comics - plus Hulk doesn’t have a permanent home right now), a future when Wolverine gatecrashes an already independently successful X-Men would be a huge event. After that I’d like to see Wolverine as a member of the X-Men/Avengers/rogue solo character who goes on his own adventures with other Marvel heroes and mixes with the likes of Alpha Flight.

The one area where I probably disagree with many is that I do want Xavier in the first film. This is his vision and I would like a MLK type with a strong personality. He doesn’t need to go on field missions though like McAvoy did.

Mixed with actual Ian being her father. Yes to Wanda being Magneto's daugther. No yet, tho (after 2 x-men movies maybe)

And yes to Charles being on the first film, just as a supporting role this time around, with Cyclops, Storm, Iceman and co as the real leads.

I want that teased and confirmed right away (Wanda being a mutant and the daughter of Magneto). I also want Pietro back somehow. I also agree that Magneto should take a backseat. I wouldn't mind if the first villain is someone that is an X-Men ally in the future like the Morlocks. Or Nanny and Orphan Maker. Or Arcade, Senator Kelly, Bolivar Trask, Henry Gyrich, William Stryker should all be introduced early on and build over time.

Wolverine should launch separately, I agree. He shouldn't be part of the team until X-Men 2 or 3. I would start him off with a Weapon X Disney+ series (with Rogers Cap appearance).

Which brings me to my next point. With the way Marvel is going and casting a lot of folks from different universes as their counterparts in the MCU 616 (i.e. Cox as Murdock, D'Onofrio as Fisk, etc) and treating the alternate versions as variants, I think we'll see a couple of well cast members from the Foxverse as their counterparts in the MCU. It also makes way simpler for Marvel since they already have someone whose performance they can see in a real product.

McKellen, like Stewart, were great in the roles, but they are in their 80s. Not feasible to cast them for a role that will be around for the next decade or two. Cameos are fine.

I feel very comfortable we'll get Fassbender as Magneto. I liked him better than McKellen in the role and I haven't heard many complaints about him. He's 45 years old so he could realistically play the role for the next 20 years. I would want him to be differentiated from the Fox version by having the iconic white hair and made to look a bit older with makeup and everything so that he could realistically pass as Wanda's and Pietro's father.

Liev Shreiber is a bit on the older side (54), but I could see him playing Victor again. I think he can bring out that animalistic side of him, but if I was Sarah Haley Finn I would go with his younger brother, Pablo. Dude is too tall for that. He is 44, 6'5 and shredded. I know he was rumored to play Logan, but Sabretooth seems a better fit. If he can bring out the wild animal side like his brother then I'd go with him.

And of course we know Ryan Reynolds is coming back as Deadpool and a couple of other actors from his movies (Blind Al for sure. I'd also keep Negasonic). I know people liked Zazie as Domino, but I think Zazie would be perfect as Tempo. She'd also be Omega Level too.

I love that we’re talking about wanda hanging out near the xmen like that’s not the same as like, a carnivore at a cow farm lol

My God, I want to have a break from Magneto for at least 3 X-Men movies.... like the X-Men don't revolve the Magnetic Mutant all the time. Keep him away and lock him in a plastic cell for now.

And Wanda is okay, but give the spotlight to the actual X-Women in the X-Men movies. She already appeared in at least five successful Marvel movies.

as someone who have read the comics, she's not even essential to the X-Men. So I'm going to say a big NO to that.

Aside from being a member of the brotherhood and House of M. She doesn't have major story with the X-Men.

Rogue, Storm, Marvel Girl, Psylocke, Dazzler, Emma Frost, Jubilee, Polaris, Shadowcat - these are the female characters Marvel Studios should be prioritizing in Marvel Studios' X-Men.

as someone who have read the comics, she's not even essential to the X-Men. So I'm going to say a big NO to that.

Aside from being a member of the brotherhood and House of M. She doesn't have major story with the X-Men.

Rogue, Storm, Marvel Girl, Psylocke, Dazzler, Emma Frost, Jubilee, Polaris, Shadowcat - these are the female characters Marvel Studios should be prioritizing in Marvel Studios' X-Men.

As someone who has read and still reads the comics I am going to disagree with you 100%.

Lots of good points in here. I'm all for an X-Men MCU movie with Charles in a supporting role, but focusing on Cyclops, Storm, Iceman etc. Those three, in particular, I want to see shine. No Magneto as a big villain, no Wolverine (though I'm worried they won't be able to resist). Instead, if you want someone that's an "evil" counterpart to Charles, let's give the spotlight to Emma.

I think a Wolverine movie is very likely but it would depend on how many ips are still getting movies by that point. Or else, they could pull a Moon Knight and cage the Wolverine inside the internet servers of Disney+.

Magneto just bores me at this point. There are so many interesting X-Men villains out there. Who knows Marvel Studios might use a 1 and done villains for the three movies (like Guardians of the GalaXy, they don't have the same lead villain for every Gotg film). The focus should be more on the good Mutants.

The Professor could be like Nick Fury but killed off early.

What are those X-Men comic books then?

She's 95% an Avenger and more or less 5% an X-Men character.

No wonder why Disney didn't need to buy foX just to adapt the Scarlet Witch in the big screen.

I'm saying I disagree 100% that she shouldn't be a mutant and Magneto's daughter in the MCU. Being in the X-Men movie does mean being in the X-Men team. She has never been a member of the X-Men in the comics, but she was a founding manager of the Brotherhood. Being a mutant and an avenger is not a mutually exclusive thing.

It's no wonder why Disney had retconned the character's origins because they didn't own the film rights. Fox could have exploited and mined the character like they did Pietro. This retcon added nothing to the character, rather took things away and was done simply due to copyrights.

I don't think they'll make Wanda a mutant in the MCU anymore.
And I don't think they'll make her Eric's daughter nor adapt House of M or Decimation M. Hell, mutants are yet to be introduced.

And unless she stays a villain, I don't see them going on and off with that.

Would I enjoy seeing her in an X-Men movie as part of the brotherhood? I would love it.

But I don't see it happening or making much sense anymore.

But who knows

She's just going to take away precious screen time from other mutants. Heck they don't even mention losing her brother as part of her pain in this newest release so Feige et al seem to be moving on from that.

What will mentioning that they are (were?) both mutants years from now in an X-Men movie add? Especially after they've concocted this whole Scarlet Witch entity. Confusion.

I don't think they'll make Wanda a mutant in the MCU anymore.
And I don't think they'll make her Eric's daughter nor adapt House of M or Decimation M. Hell, mutants are yet to be introduced.

And unless she stays a villain, I don't see them going on and off with that.

Would I enjoy seeing her in an X-Men movie as part of the brotherhood? I would love it.

But who knows

House of M is not gonna happen for a long time, if it does. A lot of the main things from that has already been adapted. They'd have to go through another long arc with her to make that happen. People wanting a reverse House of M or House of M better not be holding their breath. It's like people wanting a Planet Hulk movie after a lot of that was adapted in Ragnarok.

A mutant and the daughter of Magneto though? Yeah I think that's happening and seems likely at this point. Lizzie wants it and the buzz around her saying it and McKellen replying has been extremely positive. It's another way to go through another arc for a very popular character and use said very popular character to tie the X-Men to the larger MCU. Plus her family ties with Magneto and leaving the Brotherhood to join the Avengers and Pietro's issues with his fathers have always been a great thing in comics.

She's just going to take away precious screen time from other mutants. Heck they don't even mention losing her brother as part of her pain in this newest release so Feige et al seem to be moving on from that.

What will mentioning that they are (were?) both mutants years from now in an X-Men movie add? Especially after they've concocted this whole Scarlet Witch entity. Confusion.

They touched on Pietro in Wandavision and Agatha mentioned her grief was so deep that she was even willing to accept Fietro. They also didn't touch on Vision at all in Dr. Strange 2. And we know White Vision is out there. The whole point is that children are the most important thing for a mother. Superseding a husband, a sibling, or even parents. Would I want them to touch on those in that story? Yes, but it wasn't important to this story.

Not sure they are completely moving on from that as much as putting in the back burner for now. I disagree with your overall read though. And I believe the mutant connection will add quite a lot. Feige is always keen to work with talent as seen in other Marvel projects and Lizzie's Wanda is one of the most popular ones right now. She says she has an idea in her head. She says she wants to be part of the mutants as it was in the comics. Feige will listen to what she has to say and I'd be surprised if he doesn't go through with it.

100% Wanda being a mutant is the easiest, most organic on-ramp the MCU has for introducing the mutant race. Unless you want mutants to be the result of some sort of Multiversal event (which would kill my interest in the MCU's X-Men), then I'd argue Wanda is one of the best (& last) bets we have.

By using a precedent that audiences are already familiar with-- Wanda being the ONLY hero/villain in the MCU, to be BORN with her powers -- you can easily and fairly seamlessly, introduce the concept of mutants to audiences, and have it make sense within the established MCU.

I imagine most people here would rather this character than make, say, Psylocke trans?

I'm saying I disagree 100% that she shouldn't be a mutant and Magneto's daughter in the MCU. Being in the X-Men movie does mean being in the X-Men team. She has never been a member of the X-Men in the comics, but she was a founding manager of the Brotherhood. Being a mutant and an avenger is not a mutually exclusive thing.

It's no wonder why Disney had retconned the character's origins because they didn't own the film rights. Fox could have exploited and mined the character like they did Pietro. This retcon added nothing to the character, rather took things away and was done simply due to copyrights.
i didn't say she shouldn't be a mutant though.

But if you watched carefully, she isn't a mutant in the mcu since The Winter soldier. Thats a long time.

anyway there's plenty of other mutants from the comics that would benefit from appearing from the movies. They don't need the Scarlet Witch to be a mutant. Also Quicksilver is dead. If they need Magneto to have a daughter, Polaris is available.

i didn't say she shouldn't be a mutant though.

But if you watched carefully, she isn't a mutant in the mcu since The Winter soldier. Thats a long time.

anyway there's plenty of other mutants from the comics that would benefit from appearing from the movies. They don't need the Scarlet Witch to be a mutant. Also Quicksilver is dead. If they need Magneto to have a daughter, Polaris is available.

We'll agree to disagree on this here. Just know the actress wants it and Feige tends to listen to the talent, especially the main talent.

I imagine most people here would rather this character than make, say, Psylocke trans?

why not both? But seriously I’m so glad they’ve finally added a trans character to the x-men. As time goes on the xmen live up to their ethos more and more

We'll agree to disagree on this here. Just know the actress wants it and Feige tends to listen to the talent, especially the main talent.
I don't care what the actress want. She's not even playing a member of the X-Men to begin with.

Marvel studios should prioritize whats beXt for the franchise, over their actors. This is like when Simon Kinberg kept Jennifer Lawrence/Michael Fassbender for every X-Men team because he was fond of the actors.

Yeah no.

Last edited:
By using a precedent that audiences are already familiar with-- Wanda being the ONLY hero/villain in the MCU, to be BORN with her powers -- you can easily and fairly seamlessly, introduce the concept of mutants to audiences, and have it make sense within the established MCU.
Ummm as ifpeople didn't know the Professor in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which mind you got the biggest applause in my screening. Why is that?

Audience WILL recognize when Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, Beast, Nightcrawler, Angel, Psylocke, Emma Frost, Shadowcat appear in the big screen, after all the public would pay a ticket for Marvel Studios' X-Men. The X-Men aren't an obscure Ip that needs eXposure from the Scarlet Witch (of all characters).

I highly diXagree with this take.

Last edited:

But who knows
It doesn't make sense for her to be brotherhood unless she's the head honcho.

Also she's been in the mcu for like 8 years now, and she's not a mutant in this cinematic universe.

The X-Men catalog is just too big to X-Force Wanda as a mutant. Go with someone else, with someone we haven't seen in the mcu yet.

100% Wanda being a mutant is the easiest, most organic on-ramp the MCU has for introducing the mutant race. Unless you want mutants to be the result of some sort of Multiversal event (which would kill my interest in the MCU's X-Men), then I'd argue Wanda is one of the best (& last) bets we have.

I took what Kevin Feige said about Kamala and the timing in the MCU.

I do think this ship has sailed for Wanda, but I like that, if they take that path, they can say "look, there has been mutants around the MCU before (and causing trouble)". Not that Wanda alone (and maybe Pietro) would answer the question "why haven't we seen mutants this whole time?", but it's something, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"