• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Savage Land is bonkers. On top of everything else, Marvel also has this fully realized Conan Doyle's Lost World just sitting there down south. It doesn't even have to be introduced in the X-Movies, but it's a solid go-to if they want to steer into the crazier comic stuff that most of the films avoided.

100%. I do love it as a visual metaphor for the theme of evolution though. You could definitely have fun with it.

also we 100% need zaladane in the mcu

Marvel could just make a Ka-Zar movie featuring those characters and it would have a different vibe and feel from the previous Marvel solo fliX.

Ka-Zar is basically Tarzan as a superhero, in a jungle filled with dinosaurs. Perfect for a new franchise.

With having left Madlyne and, even if that maybe can should just be ignored, more recently cheating with and quickly moving to Emma Frost, is comics Cyclops too much not a role model and should adaptations avoid him in relationship with those characters?

For characters like Jean, Emma and Cyclops - being involved in a love triangle is the last thing I want to see for those characters. And I'm not interested in Madelyne.

When it comes to interpersonal relationships, it's often better to cross that bridge when you come to it. Some are a vital component to the story, like Scott & Jean, but a lot depends on the chemistry of the actors, how the fans respond, and just generally how the story builds out. And there's a lot of wiggle room with a cast as varied as this one.

With Madelyne, I have no idea how they would. I didn't really understand what her deal was until I read the comics myself; I always thought she was some kind of Jean 2.0 and Goblyn Queen was some kind of Dark Phoenix 2.0, so I was surprised to find that she's this very interesting and distinct character with her own journey, even as her true nature kept getting rewritten.

The MCU is certainly welcome to try, but if there's no way, then it's just one more thing that belongs only to the comics.

I think the idea that Scott having a complicated love life or choosing not to stay with one woman when he clearly loves another one in any way makes him a 'bad role model' to be ridiculous. The only thing about any of those stories that could be argued to make him a bad role model is the fact that he didn't tell Madelyne more quickly and directly that he wanted to be with Jean and that he wallowed in fear at X-factor HQ for a while instead of just calling his wife on the phone.

But if you wanted to do those stories, there's no reason you have to repeat that honestly stupid aspect of the original comics. Just tell the story better than it was told originally. (They already did this for Civil War, for instance.)

Having said that, I think Scott and Jean are fundamental to the X-men and I would like to eventually see Scott and Emma. But I don't think Madelyne Prior is even close to being a mandatory part of the X-franchise. If they want to they can easily just skip over her entirely. And I do agree the Fox movies ran the whole Jean Grey love triangle thing into the ground, so it would be nice to have a good long break from that.

Regarding Emma, wasn't Jean dead when he started dating her?

For characters like Jean, Emma and Cyclops - being involved in a love triangle is the last thing I want to see for those characters. And I'm not interested in Madelyne.
I'm really tired of love triangles. They're just not that entertaining to me. And they tend to bring out some of the worst qualities of fandoms.

I wouldn't want to see Jean/Scott/Emma drama go any further than something similar to the scene in Hunger Games: Catching Fire where Jena Malone's character flirts with Peeta right in front of Katniss; surprising the former and annoying the latter.

Last edited:
With Madelyne, I have no idea how they would. I didn't really understand what her deal was until I read the comics myself; I always thought she was some kind of Jean 2.0 and Goblyn Queen was some kind of Dark Phoenix 2.0, so I was surprised to find that she's this very interesting and distinct character with her own journey, even as her true nature kept getting rewritten.

The MCU is certainly welcome to try, but if there's no way, then it's just one more thing that belongs only to the comics.

I love Maddie, but she and her whole deal belong in the "should never be touched in a movie adaptation". Sort of like Betsy's bodyswap.

I love maddie I hope she comes in so Alex can finally have a dom

I kind of enjoy Scott's messed up love life in the comics, but I don't know if it would work in the movies. You have to earn the right to have your heroic character make the kind of mistakes Cyclops has made over the years. I'd prefer the MCU X-Men didn't try to run before they can walk and just gave us a fun, enjoyable Scott/Jean couple.

I kind of enjoy Scott's messed up love life in the comics, but I don't know if it would work in the movies. You have to earn the right to have your heroic character make the kind of mistakes Cyclops has made over the years. I'd prefer the MCU X-Men didn't try to run before they can walk and just gave us a fun, enjoyable Scott/Jean couple.

Scott's messy ass love life really is enjoyable. He's fascinating when he's a boyfriend to someone other than Jean lol. But, I still think when they bring us X-Men, he and Jean should be broken up and you work to building their reunion.

I'd actually like to see the MCU give us him and Psylocke.
a4a7a397a90baf5a89f2f70c6bb6d09e.jpg

I would prefer it if Scott and Jean started off together, maybe just dating at first but eventually married. I could also see a wedding for them in the movies and a subplot about that.

To me, Scott/Jean are like the Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward of the X-Men. They're in love, they're stable, they're iconic.

But Rogue/Gambit are like the Brangelina of the X-Men. They're beautiful, they're fun/exciting, and also iconic but volatile. As far as relationships in the MCU X-Men go, I can definitely see this one getting the most focus. They're just sexier from a filmmaking standpoint.

I would be perfectly happy if Scott/Emma never happens in the movies. This couple has always screamed "EDITORIAL MANDATE" to me. And in spite of all the force-feeding, and putting them at the top of lists for best X-couples (are you kidding me?!) I still don't know of that many people who love them together.

Last edited:
I still have hope of seeing Millie Bobby Brown as Kitty. Such a great character for an amazing actress and major star. That would be a great combo.

Hopefully the X-Men will be introduced in time.

ShamelessWatchfulHylaeosaurus-max-1mb.gif

I would prefer it if Scott and Jean started off together, maybe just dating at first but eventually married. I could also see a wedding for them in the movies and a subplot about that.

To me, Scott/Jean are like the Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward of the X-Men. They're in love, they're stable, they're iconic.

But Rogue/Gambit are like the Brangelina of the X-Men. They're beautiful, they're fun/exciting, and also iconic. As far as relationships in the MCU X-Men go, I can definitely see this one getting the most focus. They're just sexier from a filmmaking standpoint.

I would be perfectly happy if Scott/Emma never happens in the movies. This couple has always screamed "EDITORIAL MANDATE" to me. And in spite of all the force-feeding, and putting them at the top of lists for best X-couples (are you kidding me?!) I still don't know of that many people who love them together.
I want stability from Scott and Jean and an eventual marriage after a good number of films, and crazy volatility and drama from Gambit and Rogue. Would also like to see Havok and Polaris spin off an X-Factor team together and later get Psylocke Angel Crimson Dawn. Beast and Trish Tilby would be good to show the tribulations of a human mutant relationship, especially a high profile one

I still have hope of seeing Millie Bobby Brown as Kitty. Such a great character for an amazing actress and major star. That would be a great combo.

Hopefully the X-Men will be introduced in time.

ShamelessWatchfulHylaeosaurus-max-1mb.gif
She was pretty much my no.1 pick all this time. Just hope that the X-Men film doesn’t take so long to come out that she’s aged out of the role.

The Duffer Brothers would probably make a great X-Men flick.
I enjoy Stranger Things, but to me the Duffer brothers write like they are in the 80s. And not in a good way.

I want stability from Scott and Jean and an eventual marriage after a good number of films, and crazy volatility and drama from Gambit and Rogue. Would also like to see Havok and Polaris spin off an X-Factor team together
I 100% agree with you. Let's give some stability for Jean and Scott and save the drama for Gambit and Rogue. And please give me that X-Factor spin off.

I want stability from Scott and Jean and an eventual marriage after a good number of films, and crazy volatility and drama from Gambit and Rogue. Would also like to see Havok and Polaris spin off an X-Factor team together and later get Psylocke Angel Crimson Dawn. Beast and Trish Tilby would be good to show the tribulations of a human mutant relationship, especially a high profile one
All good ideas. People have also talked about a Rogue/Gambit Disney+ series. And I would be fine with that so long as it occurs after several team movies establishing both characters and also a solo Disney+ series for Gambit (where his criminal life in New Orleans is established). It could about when they were depowered in Valle Soleada. Going into X-treme X-Men territory.

There are so many options with the X-Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"