Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Prey. She could work. Prefer to give Keene another chance, though.
I'd be really interested to see Dafne again and now a fair bit older. Really great performance from her. And hopefully Midthunder is interested in and gets a top CBM role sometime soon.

So let's talk about it, how old DO y'all want the X-Men to be?

Age in regards to the X-Men, is a pretty big deal. It informs everything, from relationships, to themes, to character development, character dynamics, and how the wider MCU informs those dynamics-- Spider-Man for example.

It's the question of what kind story do you want them to tell? The story of the X-Men can be a lot of different things, depending on the route they go.

I know you and I have discussed this before but here's my preference:

Xavier, Magneto - 50's
Wolverine, Sabertooth, Mystique - Appear in their 30's despite their real age
Beast ~30
OG's (O5/Giant Size characters, plus maybe Gambit) - Late 20's
Younger X-Men (Rogue, Kitty, maybe Bobby etc.) - Lower 20's
New Mutants - Late Teens
New/Young X-Men- Young Teens

Age in regards to the X-Men, is a pretty big deal. It informs everything, from relationships, to themes, to character development, character dynamics, and how the wider MCU informs those dynamics-- Spider-Man for example.

It's the question of what kind story do you want them to tell? The story of the X-Men can be a lot of different things, depending on the route they go.
I want a bit of variety. The likes of Jubilee and Kitty can be super-young, Iceman could be an older teen, with seniors like Jean that bit older and then maybe Storm and Beast a little older again.

Should Wolverine look more adult or younger? i know he is in reality a very old man but how should he look? maybe they will retcon Wolverine origin in the MCU

Unlike Spider-Man, the MCU isn't going to have many issues making the X-Men feel different from the FOX movies... All they have to do is just let the X-Men be the X-Men, LOL.

I'd say their only challenge is Wolverine, the only character who's indeed been mined.

Honestly the fact that major players like Gambit and Emma have barely been used is insane.

I want them to be young enough that we can get plenty of movies out of them, but not First Class young. I'd like to see Avengers vs. X-Men or some other big crossover event. So the main X-Men would need to be adults (20s-30s), Xavier and Wolverine could be older than that. Cast actors slightly younger now and they'll be older by the time they've built up to a crossover.

I'd say their only challenge is Wolverine, the only character who's indeed been mined.

He definitely needs to be part of the team, but don't focus on his origin at all. I would also try to be a lot closer to the comics. Hugh Jackman was a tall handsome Wolverine. The MCU Wolverine should be really short, hairy, and gruff. Or, go the All-New Wolverine route and have X-23 take up the mantle in the MCU, but that might not line up with whatever comic events they want to use.

X-23 and Wolverine are too good to waste with one replacing the other IMO. This isn’t a case of a clone - X-23 is great for very different reasons than Logan is and you lose something with whoever you leave out.

D23 is coming soon. Do you guys have any expectations?

Should Wolverine look more adult or younger? i know he is in reality a very old man but how should he look? maybe they will retcon Wolverine origin in the MCU
Personally, I'd go younger, and lean into more of a metal/grunge aesthetic, to contrast the olden Western hero flavor of Jackman's interpretation.

Think Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam)
eddie-vedder-pearl-jam-1992-nyc-performance-billboard-650.jpg

x Rob Zombie, with claws
Ultimate_Origins_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg

I'm for a younger team and doing some kind of variation of the O5 though not necessarily that same line up.

Something like Scott and Jean being early 20's and Bobby being late teens.

I know you and I have discussed this before but here's my preference:

Xavier, Magneto - 50's
Wolverine, Sabertooth, Mystique - Appear in their 30's despite their real age
Beast ~30
OG's (O5/Giant Size characters, plus maybe Gambit) - Late 20's
Younger X-Men (Rogue, Kitty, maybe Bobby etc.) - Lower 20's
New Mutants - Late Teens
New/Young X-Men- Young Teens

I want a bit of variety. The likes of Jubilee and Kitty can be super-young, Iceman could be an older teen, with seniors like Jean that bit older and then maybe Storm and Beast a little older again.

Not much more to add except:

giphy.gif

I’m glad we’re talking about older Jean. Even in the comics for some reason they always make her look 19 years old. If the other characters get to age she should too. She should be just a hair below Emma’s age

I’m glad we’re talking about older Jean. Even in the comics for some reason they always make her look 19 years old. If the other characters get to age she should too. She should be just a hair below Emma’s age
I also very much want her to lead her own team after we’re deep enough in and there are enough X-Men and time for some younger ones to grow and get some experience. 3 female leaders would be great to me. Storm as co-leader from the first film. Jean leading X-Men Red. Emma in charge of the younger generation at the school.

Age-wise, I still want to see a broad range of mutants - The OG's like Scott and Jean have been in the field for a while now. Then you have a teen POV character joining the young students to introduce us to the world. And a few more to be aged up so Charles, Eric and Logan aren't the only old ones. (For example, I'd make Beast a peer to Charles like he was in First Class. Get Mandy Patinkin for that.

Also it’s a different thing the age of the actors they get and how old they look on screen/the age they play. You just have to look at the real ages of many of the MCU actors compared to our image of what that age looks like.

I don't see why Havok, Polaris and Sunfire need to be the younger ones of the group, but okay. I hope thozs don't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"