Dark of the Moon Megatron Throughout The Trilogy

Megatron was really terrible in T2 and T3 for a major villain.

I haven't seen a major villain be easily beaten like that and in every freaking movie!.

As underused and poorly-developed as he was in the first two, at least in the first one he tossed aside any humans in his way. I found it dumb he didn't even do that to Carly.
I found it dumb that he was just sitting there that whole time while everything else was happening.

That's another for sure. He got so terribly treated throughout the entire trilogy and in each movie for a unique reason.

him and prime should have had one last epic battle

In slo-mo with 'splosions and **** in the background.

Don't forget a couple shots of Sam and "insert hottie name here" with mouth open agape.

I still just wished he looked something like this .....

TF_BestofMegatron_CVR.jpg

Let's not forget that Megatron was also letting Sentinel Prime s*** all over him in this movie. Remember when they were all on that building and Sentinel Prime roughed Megatron up for talking out of line? I chuckled like a little girl at that scene. How fitting of the leader of the Decepticons. And then he actually got manipulated by a human? Let's not forget that this guy led a planetary war against the Autobots on Cybertron.

The real Megatron wanted to fight Unicron and was an absolute maniac. The real Megatron would be going bonkers at this!! :woot:

It really is a pity that we didnt get some actual characters to love/hate. There is no reason Bay couldnt have his Sploshins AND get some good character interaction between all the main transformers. But NO.

Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave...they all were shafted.

As much as I enjoyed the old cartoon, I'm thankful that he didn't look anything like that at all.

I really like his look on Transformers Prime. Not blocky looking, but he also doesn't look like a walking pile of scrap metal. That's what they should aim for if they ever decide to re-design the Transformers. I hate how their weak-points are all exposed on the current designs.

Yeah, I didnt mind Megatron's role in the first 2 movies, but in this I was sorely dissapointed at his treatment, Sentinal pushing him around like a ***** (Carly was right!) was just shocking to behold, Megatron would NEVER have taken that from anyone in the comics.

I actually thought Megatron had a decent design. The character just wasn't used well.

Megatron is to the Transformers movies as Cyclops is to the X-Men movies.

As much as I enjoyed the old cartoon, I'm thankful that he didn't look anything like that at all.

I really like his look on Transformers Prime. Not blocky looking, but he also doesn't look like a walking pile of scrap metal. That's what they should aim for if they ever decide to re-design the Transformers. I hate how their weak-points are all exposed on the current designs.

That's an awesome look for him. Definitely one I'd like to see used in a reboot.

You do have to wonder why he never repaired himself. He has a ship on one of Saturn's moons, we saw it in the second movie.

I liked Megatron's usage in the first movie, and it's organic and effective for the story as it was told. Introducing him earlier changes the movie as we have it - I like the movie as we have it, so win-win.

But past that, Megatron gets bent over and shafted in the lolbucket.

I already said it in other threads, but imo Megatron was very badly represented in this trilogy and it really made no sense to me to see him owning Optimus Prime in TF1, to have gotten beaten in mere seconds when Prime already fought Sentinel Prime AND having one good arm. Megatron may have half his face, but that doesn't mean his fighting ability was halved as well. It just seems to me that they ran out of time & budget and wanted to wrap things up really quickly, and it's a shame what they did to this great villain. I think Sentinel Prime was a better Megatron in just one movie than Megatron did in all three.

IMO Megatron gets a better adaptation in the Hub's Transformers: Prime than he ever did in Bay's trilogy. Frank Welker voice in this series is so much better than when he did G1.

Last edited:
Don't eat me up, but I prefer the movie designs over the cartoons easily. They are way more creative and entertaining to look at, and watching them transform is more fun for me.
I even liked Hugo as Megatron as well. Frank Welker's original voice doesn't fit with the design. Welker did do great with Soundwave. He sounds awesome. I'm all for Optimus being played by Cullen.

Megatron in the 1st film was awesome. He was barely in it, yes, but he kicked everyone's ash and was only defeated by Sam using the Cube (otherwise, he would have easily killed Prime). ROTF was the beginning of the end. There was no point in bringing him back. All he did was whine and kiss the Fallen's ash. It was lame, and he got owned in every fight pretty much. DOTM, he is barely in it, and I too laughed when he was sitting not even in the fight and got pushed around by Sentinel Prime. But, I did think it was awesome that he nearly killed Sentinel Prime from behind. Had that led to a climax against Prime that would have been long, it would have been a proper end. But, he just got punked by being killed so quickly. At least he had one cool moment in DOTM, unlike ROTF.

The thing that confused me about the final battle is... Sentinal had the upper hand over Optimus, ripping his arm off etc.

But then Megatron absolutely crapped all over Sentinal, nearly killing him...

But then Optimus basically one shotted Megatron, with only one arm.

Doesn't make any sense at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"