Merchandise!

Hoping it doesn't go the Daredevil route, and doesn't get any merchandise except for the GBA game. I had Daredevil X-Box on pre-order and MSJ I think said there was at one time or another action figures as well. But, none ever saw the light of day. So, hopefully this won't happen again.

Mr Nick said:
Tell you what. I'd really love one of those insanely detailed maquettes that have been done for Terminator and Hellboy. A Ghost Rider one, preferably sat astride the hellcycle, would be out-freakin-standing.:eek:

Freakin' right it would but... the only problem I see in those is the fire. It's really hard to do it in all aspects of creation really. I mean, look at this fairly new one...

0504_dstgr_sm.jpg

While it's awesome, I find that the fire looks like he's sportin' a receeding hairline. I'm not sure if you can notice it here but up close it looks kiinda strange.

Ghost Rider toys for pets? Interesting...

JAKKS Pacific Signs Master Licensing Agreement to Produce Pet Products Based on Marvel Properties

MALIBU, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 18, 2005--JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (Nasdaq:JAKK) has signed a Master licensing agreement with Marvel Enterprises, Inc. to develop and market products based on Classic and Movie Marvel Characters for categories including dog accessories, cat accessories, pet food and pet tents. The agreement covers products marketed under JAKKS' new pet division, JPI(TM). The products are expected to ship to retailers nationwide in Spring 2006.

JAKKS Pacific currently has rights to produce Plug It In & Play TV Games(TM) and other products based on Marvel properties. The new agreement includes classic and movie characters including, Spider-Man, X-Men, Hulk, Iron Man, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Captain America and Fantastic Four.

Jack Friedman, Chairman and CEO, JAKKS Pacific, Inc., states, "Blockbuster movies drive sales of licensed products, and Marvel has one of the best portfolios of top entertainment brands. Pet owners regard their pets as an integral part of the family, and this drives the sales of licensed pet products. We believe that pet owners will choose the Spider-Man squeak toy or Fantastic Four snacks for their pets as an alternative to generic commodity versions."

Tim Rothwell, President of Marvel's Worldwide Consumer Media Group Division, adds, "We are excited to expand into this category with JAKKS Pacific and to be able to offer pet toys, accessories and more based on our Marvel classic and film properties. Our high-profile, globally-known characters are an ideal match for JAKKS' pet product line, and we are confident that their vision will result in yet another successful line of Marvel-licensed products."

JAKKS Pacific expects to begin shipping the new Marvel pet products in 2006 to retail locations nationwide.

Source; http://home.businesswire.com/portal...d=news_view&newsId=20051018005100&newsLang=en

The Hellcycle looks very much like the movie version. Could that be Ghost Rider's final look?

IMG_0366.JPG

If that is really similar to the final look of GR head it seems ok to me...they gotten right the eyes... the proportions of his body are a little strange, but maybe it's the photo POW.

Oh, wow. That looks neato! I think that's close to what the final look is 'cause the jacket looks similar...

very cool lookin statue....very eager to see the final painted version.

speaking of toy previews there was an interesting rumor posted on the Raving Toy Maniac forums. seems that someone who suscribed to a special retailer's catalog for Toys R Us listed that the Ghost Rider movie line will also have a "build your own figure" pack in like what Toy Biz did for the Marvel Legends line (build your own Sentinel, Galactus, ect). seems to me the only character that would need a 18" version would be Mephisto....either that or it could be a build a properly in scale Hellcycle.
hopefully we might hear more about this in a few weeks...

Yeah, that's pretty freakin' cool. The final version should be sweet... and something else to add to my buy list. Damn, next year is gonna be freakin' expensive.

I'm hope your rumour is true BG. That sounds like yet another great thing to add to my collection. I likes buildin' things...

Dammit, I really hope I get a job as a teacher right away, because when I do I am buying damn near every GR statue I can get my bloody hands on. Especially this one. That front wheel is just unreal.

logan_weapon_x said:
It's just the photo, his arms are holding onto extended handle bars.

Oh ok, now I can see a really tiny hand. I thought at first his arm was merged into the Hellcycle. :o

Helloooooooooooo!!!

Now that's exactly what I was hoping for! Master Replicas do some pretty cool stuff.
:up:

Looks amazing! Guess I better put up some more shelves in my den.

Sweet! Can't wait to that in color

Looks cool. Is that merchandise for the movie?

It's definatly the movie version bike, so I would say yes.

I wonder if we'll see any pics of Mephisto or Blackheart toy.

I hope we get some toys of those guys, let alone the pics. I'm sure we will though.

If the proportions are correct, I have to wonder how sharply you can turn with that thing, seeing as Ghost Rider's arms look almost stretched out straight there.

yeah, he looks a little fat in this picture. I bet he would benefit from some a hell bi-cycle for a while.

Here's some good news. TOYS!!!

Buzz Report: Mass Market Wrap-up
By Staff
Playthings -- 10/28/2005 2:13:00 PM

NEW YORK — Wouldn’t you know…the biggest industry buzz came less than 24 hours following close of mass market toy fair. And the big news came in a one-two punch.

First, that the Toy Industry Association will reopen the search for a new International Toy Center, finding the proposed Church Street location unsatisfactory. The follow-up punch came in the form of a resignation by the TIA’s President Tom Conley.

Conley’s resignation came suddenly in a prepared statement from the TIA, which stated he was resigning “for personal reasons.” He will, however, remain in place until March 1, 2006, to assist with Toy Fair and the transition to a new leadership.

“Tom has accomplished a great deal during his time as president,” said Arnie Rubin, TIA board chairman and president of Funrise Toys. “We appreciate his contribution to the industry and we know we can count on his leadership through the transition.”

Added Conley, also in the statement, “These next few months will be very important for TIA, with a number of major items on the agenda. I am happy to stay on to help the association through this period.” A search committee will be formed immediately to identify Conley’s replacement.

See playthings.com for the full report on both stories.

As for the rest of the toy biz…the mass market show was deemed a huge success with plenty of action; as in lights…camera…action figures! If the action figures of 2005 were impressive, Hollywood, comics and unique cars (think, urban graffiti and robots) are taking it a step further in 2006.

The Ghost Rider, based on the motorcycle rider Marvel character, goes to film in July, and Toy Biz will extend the line to feature Ghost Rider figures of all scales.

............ (More article on site)

Source: http://www.playthings.com/article/CA6279270/playthings?industry=Manufacturing+News&industryid=21963

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"