Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Substinance.....WHEN, DAMMIT??

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by 블라스, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Liquid Snake Registered

Actually SC CT is not bad at all. The bank level is amazing but yea, it does get boring but it's an amazing step from the first 2 mediocre games that people should'nt even mention right next to MGS.

I believe this new game will have Theater mode where you can look at movies from the game without playing through. And demo theather where you can swtich characters, online, making of MGS3, and I hope it has something on MGS4.

2. 블라스 Registered

Guess I'll give it another shot.
    That Japan level is supposed to be good as well.

3. Rizpower Registered

Network adapter? It's cheap.

4. 블라스 Registered

How much do you pay a month?
    I'd be able to play Zenien too, which is cool.

5. Zenien Guest

You don't pay any amount per month, you just have to buy one.

6. THWIP* Registered

....WHICH IS WHY THE SERVICE IS SO HORRIBLE. :o

7. Rizpower Registered

Which is why my wallet is fatter. Period.

8. Zenien Guest

Live is worth it.

9. THWIP* Registered

THAT, AND ALL THOSE COUPONS YOU HAVE FOR CLEARASIL, HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE, AND TWINKIES. :o

10. JCDenton Registered

People who havent even gotten through the first ten minutes of a game shouldnt criticize it :(

11. 블라스 Registered

I'm not just "people" :mad:
    I'm special :up:
    And no, not THAT kind of special, and not THAT OTHER kind of special either.
    Oh, just shut up! :mad:

12. The Spider-Man Registered

Stalker.

13. AshtonFoster Registered

Agreed....SC:CT just isnt THAT fun. I played Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, and Choas Theory for the first time all in a row within like a months period last month. First of all LOVED it....completed the first game...Played Pandora tommorrow, and LOVED it...I actually felt like a spy at times.
    But then after a while, the game just gets too repetitive. You end up doing the same thing to get past guards or knock them out/kill them. In the end, every level is the same. And the game has absolutly no replay value in my eyes. As soon as you know a level, the element of surprise and tension is gone. Infact, I bought them all on ebay, and sold them all on ebay already (making a nice £9 profit :) ;)).

And after playing Snake Eater, CT just feels like it's been rushed. Infact, I've realised, after playing Snake Eater, every game I finish seems like a let-down. The ending in Splinter Cell: CT just felt like an anti-climax....I dunno.
    They needed to make it more like '24'...more like Snake Eater. More cut-scenes to actually have a flowing story-line which you feel emersed in. I feel the people at Ubisoft have to take this approach on the next installment if they want to take the game into the next dimension.

And as said, before you play Snake Eater, let me warn you (and anybody who hasnt played it, and intends to play it), every game's ending will seem like such a dissapointment, once you complete Snake Eater. It raises the bar in your expectation levels of what you expect from a game....so I warn you. If I played all the Splinter Cells before I played Snake Eater, I would probably hail the Splinter Cell series as one of my favourite.

Oh, and by the way...I take it there's no pictures of this new lowered 3rd person view on MGS???

14. JCDenton Registered

Chaos Theory had no more cutscenes than any other splinter cell game, and was nothing like snake eater, at all. They dont even share the same camera system for gods sake. You fail.

15. AshtonFoster Registered

Huh? What are you on man??
    Where did I say Splinter Cell was like Snake Eater?? Certainly not gameplay wise. I just feel like the Splinter Cell series could take in some methods from MGS games to take it to the next level.
    Chaos Theory had no more cutscenes than the other Splinter Cell games - yeah I know. What's your point?? The reason why I didnt find CT as satisfying as the others was simply because as time went on, I got bored of doing the same thing.

Your post confuses me.....

16. gregtestagent humblevaudvillianveteran

so, this means we control the camera wherever we go? no more pre-packaged camera views when you interact with the environment?

17. WhatsHisFace Registered

SplinterCell 1 was awesome. PT was trash. Chaos Theory looks great but I never played it outside of the demo.

18. AshtonFoster Registered

Chaos Theory is the better out of the three in my eyes, but it adds nothing to the other versions - which is why I gradually found the series to be boring. I should've just only bought and played CT, and left the rest to die. Then I would be going on about how great the game is...Infact, it is a GREAT game. I just wanted more....

19. JCDenton Registered

Around the time you wrote the post I believe, just before that nice little edit.

Yeah, like the excessive cut scenes that everyone complains about. Or the graphics, which are inferior. Or the combat, which is does better now. Or perhaps the camera, which Metal Gear has to copy just to stay semi-modern. Brilliant.

My point was pretty clear back when you said "They needed to make it more like '24'...more like Snake Eater. More cut-scenes to actually have a flowing story-line which you feel emersed in.", telling us that they had made it more like snake eater (a nice response to your first comment if you'd like), and had added more cut scenes and stuff, despite the fact that it used the same "news broadcast and some stuff with sam between each level" formula that it's used since 2002. You got bored of CT as compared to the "others"? The "other" splinter cell games, where you only had three objectives, hack/kill/interrogate, and that was it? Where you did "the same thing" for the entire game, as opposed to the more varied primary/secondary/optional objectives presented in chaos theory? The "other" stealth games, like Thief (which you probably havent played) and Metal Gear Solid (which has had us doing "the same thing" for three games now)? I suspect that, like many others, you've criticized a game before you've even played it, simply because it was competing with your favorite. You have a bright future ahead of you.

I'm sure that's a common occurrence for you.

20. Zenien Guest

DRT isn't making much sense. :o

21. JCDenton Registered

DRT makes perfect sense, I cant help it if the forum's IQ has dropped so low that they can no longer understand simple concepts. At the end of the day, he likely hasnt even played the game in the first place, so it doesnt matter.

22. The Spider-Man Registered

Does he ever?

23. JCDenton Registered

He always does. Not understanding reflects more on your own abilities than mine spidey.

24. The Spider-Man Registered

I was kidding.

25. JCDenton Registered

No, it was supposed to answer your question. I guess I should have stated my purpose in my response, what with the comprehension abilities of this forum and all.

((that was to respond to post #49 guys, made by user "The Spider-Man. Hope that clears up any questions))

EDIT: Wonderful edit.