Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Substinance.....WHEN, DAMMIT??

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by 블라스, Aug 4, 2005.

1. AshtonFoster Registered

Yeah....If it makes you feel better.

I said it could take 'SOME' methods....Just to make the game feel more complete and fresh from the previous Splinter Cells (which is what I wanted).
    If SC:CT character models were up to scratch, they could actually have some short non-FMV cut-scenes here and there just to make you feel immersed and make the game flow, and add a much needed break in some of the repetitive gameplay.
    And between each mission, all the Splinter Cell games have this stop-and-start feel to it. Like you're just thown into some place to complete some mission/objectives which I've done many times before.
    Basically you're a MGS-bashing Splinter Cell-loving fan. Bias sees no truth.

You dont even know what you're talking about anymore: The first comment I SUPPOSEDLY said was that 'I think Splinter Cell and Snake Eater are similar games'. There's a difference between THAT, and me wanting Splinter Cell to use some story-telling methods used in Snake Eater. Is that such a crime?

Fix up man. If you look at the post above yours, I stated that Chaos Theory is the best game in the series. I called it a 'great' game. There's a difference between CT and the previous games - correct. But in CT, the gameplay is still repetitive as time goes on. Sure they've added some nice features, but every level is more or less the same - Missions are usually completed by looking at a computer etc and in the end killing or interogatting some hostages along the way. And when you've got past one guard, you can get past them all.
    At least with MGS, you have these cut-scenes, and a great interwieving story to break-up and add to the gameplay.
    I just felt CT added little to the series.....and towards the end of the game, I was antcipating the ending (hoping it would come sooner than later), and when it did come, it was just like 'oh...ok'. So all I do is pick this guy up and walk over to the window - great.
    I just thought maybe they would've had better story-telling in it. As said, SE has raised my expectations - I cant help that.

The thing with you is, you seem to think I hate the game. I like it alot...It's just that after playing the other versions of Splinter Cell, I just felt that maybe more could've been done to evolve to game as a whole. The actual gaming experience wasnt THAT great. When I first played SC, I was TOTALLY emmersed. But by CT, my enthusiam wasnt as high due to boredom at times.

You're just presuming what I think, and reading too much between the lines.......Go to sleep.

Thankyou.

2. The Spider-Man Registered

:rolleyes:

3. Liquid Snake Registered

Really who cares? Even with SC all around technical superiority some people will prefer MGS because well it's MGS.

4. The Spider-Man Registered

:up:

5. Zenien Guest

Because of how it does things really. Splinter Cell has better stealth, that desn't make it more fun. Metal Gear uses a more retro style gameplay, maybe people can enjoy that just as much as they can enjoy the stealth simulation that is Splinter Cell.

If Splinter Cell could get the immersive flowing storyline style of MGS, and put the same importance of character that MGS does, then it would honestly be a better game for it. I get bored playing Splinter Cell, where as I enjoy playing Snake Eater and MGS1 because of the effort put into things like character and story and the intangible quality that permeats the entire game.

Resident Evil 4 tries to acomplish the same thing as Metal Gear, it's not concerned with making a zombie simulation, it just tries to make things fun, vibrant, and engaging. I've always said that Splinter Cell could use a bit of Metal Gear and Metal Gear could use a bit of Splinter Cell, and that's true all around.

6. JCDenton Registered

I always do get a nice little high from spotting someone's attempt at covering their own stupidity getting marked by the forum.

7. JCDenton Registered

I love these posts. "Wow guys it's just their opinion omg get over it lol hi 2 u 2 omg haha". Every other post should be "I disagree but I respect your different opinion and YOU as a person xd!!1", you're right. What an interesting forum you people envision.

I really dont give a **** if "no one cares" or if it "doesnt matter", it's entertaining to me, and more importantly, it's what the forums are for in the first place.

8. JCDenton Registered

It does. If you dont like the realistic "could happen any day now" Clancy-style stories, great, if you prefer the fantasy "will never happen in a million years" stories, great. But dont act as though splinter cell has no story/has a ****ty way of telling it. Faulting a game for your own tastes is kind of dumb. :o

9. Liquid Snake Registered

People need to kill time it's true, and if you have nothing better to do that this than I say go for it buddy. Message boards aren't for endless arguements.

10. cyborg ninja 14 God, I love your accent

Perhaps Kojima will give us some insight on MGS4?

11. JCDenton Registered

Yeah, they are. They're for debates ("endless arguments"), not patting each other on the back and telling each other our nerd secrets. Go to an aim chatroom if you're too jaded from losing too many arguments on here to participate anymore snake.

12. JCDenton Registered

The artwork and e3 video we've gotten so far is probably all we'll get until TGS (if thats even around anymore :confused:) or e3 '06.

13. 블라스 Registered

My thread is evil :down

14. AshtonFoster Registered

The character models were pretty poor when compared with Snake Eater's - hence the reason why Splinter Cell could NEVER (and I mean NEVER) have cut-scenes like Snake Eaters. SC is more about lighting, light physics, texture, etc.
    It's like your whole argument relies on the fact that you think I havent played any of the Splinter Cell games....You cant quite take anyone not finding the Splinter Cell series as amazing as you do. I could quite easily point you to my ebay name 'ashtonjazzfoster', to prove I have bought all three. All you'd have to do is look at my feedback and items bought.......Go look if you want to be shamed.

Look at all my posts. I always re-edit them, usually as I read them back once I've posted them, and re-do any spelling mistakes.
    Besides, if I thought the two games were similar, why would I not admit it?? If I did, I'd be coming up for reasons why the two games are similar.
    What, because you say the games arent similar, I suddenly go back and delete any evidence of me saying 'they are similar'?? - Doesnt make any sense. What's the motive??

You dont think MGS:SE story-telling was great?? I'm begining to think you havent even played Snake Eater.

You OBVIOUSLY do hate MGS. As you have said:
    "As for MGS's story being "great", thats an opinion...and a very rare one." - "like the excessive cut scenes that everyone complains about. Or the graphics, which are inferior (to SC). Or the combat, which is does better now (in SC). Or perhaps the camera, which Metal Gear has to copy just to stay semi-modern."
    Yeah, you REALLY don't hate the game.

JCDenton - You're one angry kid. Go get some therapy .
    I've stated I'm a fan of Splinter Cell in my first post....But by Chaos Theory, the series was starting to slightly bore me. Snake Eater kept me interested by changing the whole gameplay factor - no radar, Camouflage stealth, and just a movie-like experience like no other. I'm not saying MGS does everything better that SC - Of course it doesnt. They're both different games with different aims.

Agree 100% on all points.

15. 블라스 Registered

Thanks, nice post :up:
    I've seen some pictures of the new camera, so I'll look them up (this goes to you too, gregtestagent)

16. SpideyNut Registered

I never really understood the whole MGS thing. You play a guy who's supposed to be this big, bad mercenary/elite soldier , but he spends most of the game sneaking around, and talking to his friends and co-workers on his cell phone. :confused: Rambo didn't need no stinkin' cell phone. :down

17. The Spider-Man Registered

He's trained for stealth missions. In reality, if someone tried to singlehandedly take on a force of that size, they'd get massacred. Besides, his mission was to destroy Metal Gear. Why would you want all the whole base to know you're there?

18. Hudson Registered

yeah yeah.. me too :o

19. AshtonFoster Registered

Thanks...I've been searching on the next, but with no luck. Typical....;)

20. 블라스 Registered

Nothing.
    I got nothing :(
    I swear I saw one a few days ago, I don't remember where....

21. AshtonFoster Registered

Evidence!! WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE!!??? ;) No worries....I'll have another look. Gotta be somewhere.
    I'm actually think of selling Snake Eater now (getting more money), and buy Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Substinance when it comes out. Descions descions....

22. Rez Registered

I love all the MGS stuff... I don't like SC.
    I'm not usually excited by the suppliment material, but Subsistence's ports of the original 2 MG games have me jumping up and down.

23. Zenien Guest

It comes with ports of the first two MG games?

24. 블라스 Registered

Yes ma'am.
    The original msx versions.

25. Zenien Guest