Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Servers to go down April 2nd! SNAKEEE!!!!!!

Zenien

Reaction score
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157535

The last day of online service for Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence in North America will be April 2nd.

Konami sincerely thanks all of the Subsistence online community for their dedication to the game and support of the Metal Gear Solid series.

The Metal Gear online tradition of stealth, action and team play continues on the PSP system with Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops with all-new characters, levels and modes of play - don't miss this incredible evolution of Metal Gear Online.

It's probably being done because obviously there aren't enough people playing online to justify using the servers too long.

Well with them taken down in Japan a few months ago, this is no surprise. Even though there's no saying Europe will be going too, I'm not fussed. MGO had its moments but ultimately wasn't that great.

:csad: I never got the chance to play it online. Is it like Portable Ops?

Pretty much but with looser controls and an inferior camera.

You win :csad:

MGS3 sub could have used soem seriously better controls, but MGPO Online was a bit of a lock on and shoot fest.

I hope that the new control mechanics help out the MGS4 online game, it needs to be improved but it can't lose the MGS feel at the same time.

MGS3 online is still fun even if it's flawed.

OHH!!! My friends are gonna be PISSED!

The online for Subsistence was just kinda meh....there are much better online games to take up your time.

Exactly, and what with how over-protective and cocky most MGS-fanboys are these days, you didn't get a great community sense either.

Though keep in mind how maligned Metal gear Solid is by virtually everyone who isn't an MGS fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"