metroid vs Halo

I won't vote against Halo because of all the pro-Sony/Nintendo people here.

But Metroid beats Halo hard.

Halo propelled the industry to new standards in control and gameplay design, spurring a huge FPS frenzy of which is still lasting, while the Metroid series really just does it's own thing with little notice.

As much as I like Nintendo and its products. Halo is the best FPS series I have ever played (say what you want, I don't really care for Half Life and I despise Doom).

However, even though Metroid is a FPS, it's almost like an adventure/FP that has shooting in it. Still, which game I like more? Halo.

Delusive said:
As much as I like Nintendo and its products. Halo is the best FPS series I have ever played (say what you want, I don't really care for Half Life and I despise Doom).

However, even though Metroid is a FPS, it's almost like an adventure/FP that has shooting in it. Still, which game I like more? Halo.

Metroid as a whole is not an FPS series. The Metroid Prime interquel saga is an FPS series. I'd love to see a true 3D non FPS Metroid soon.

hippie_hunter said:
Metroid as a whole is not an FPS series. The Metroid Prime interquel saga is an FPS series. I'd love to see a true 3D non FPS Metroid soon.

Yea, I didn't mean to say it was, I meant to say that, from what I see, a lot of people consider the console versions as an FPS series. I consider it a first person adventure with shooting. As far as first person games go, I like Halo more.

Meh, Halo is all right. I really like the multi-player in Halo 2. But for single player, the only thing that seperates it apart from most others is a different (though not very engaging) storyline and better graphics. Seriously, as much as I love the dual sticks for FPS, it ain't a patch on Goldeneye, the best and most innovative FPS yet.

For FPS, these days I get my fix from Call of Duty, a much better franchise IMO. I am really looking forward to Red Steel which will either soar or flop.

As for Metroid, they're good games, I just never really got into them though. And which is more popular? C'mon....Halo basically is Xbox while the great Metroid Prime games surely did not save Gamecube though.

Metroid Prime. But it isn't comparable to Halo. Halo is a typical FPS. Metroid Prime, on the other hand, is an FPA. Both are good games, but Metroid Prime is not just good, it's brilliant.

hippie_hunter said:

I respectfully disagree. The Metroid Prime series perfectly captures the stranded-space-adventure spirit of the original games and takes it further. The Metroid Prime series are not of the FPS genre. They are FPA's. These ARE true Metroid games.

Halo is probably the most over-rated computer game series ever created.

It didn't bring innovation, or anything new to the FPS genre.

People like Halo because you can play it online. Full stop. That's the only reason people play it!

The Metroid Prime series has innovative controls, genius puzzles, good exploration, good level design, good boss fights, etc. Halo doesn't have any of this.

kainedamo said:
Halo is probably the most over-rated computer game series ever created. Wrong.

It didn't bring innovation, or anything new to the FPS genre. Extra wrong.

People like Halo because you can play it online. Full stop. That's the only reason people play it! Halo 1 was not playable online. Wrong.

The Metroid Prime series has innovative controls, Wrong, you can't look up and move at the same time. genius puzzles, Wrong. good exploration, I'll give you that. good level design, Not really, no. good boss fights Nintendo bosses are all the same thing. Find a pattern and you can get out unscathed., etc. Halo doesn't have any of this. Wrong. Halo has innovative controls, good exploration, and good level design (some of the best actually).
It's possible to be more wrong, but that would only be possible if you actually played the game and said that.

Or maybe if you had half a clue and knew a damn thing about videogames outside of your Nintendo circle, but that's fine, you just go on being ignorant living in your own little world like 90% of the rest of the Nintendo fanbase. You just can't talk anymore.

WhatsHisFace said:
It's possible to be more wrong, but that would only be possible if you actually played the game and said that.

Or maybe if you had half a clue and knew a damn thing about videogames outside of your Nintendo circle, but that's fine, you just go on being ignorant living in your own little world like 90% of the rest of the Nintendo fanbase. You just can't talk anymore.

Playing Halo online... maybe I was thinking of the multiplayer aspect or something.

But anyway. You're pretty defensive, don't you think? Can't a guy have an opinion anymore without being told he's "wrong"? You made a pretty big assumption there with your Nintendo comment. The fact that you're so defensive tells me your a loser Halo fanboy because EVERYBODY knows Halo sucks. And what's up with the 30, 000 plus post count, loser boy?

Halo, only because I have played it more. But Metroid still rocks!

kainedamo said:
Playing Halo online... maybe I was thinking of the multiplayer aspect or something.

But anyway. You're pretty defensive, don't you think? Can't a guy have an opinion anymore without being told he's "wrong"? You made a pretty big assumption there with your Nintendo comment. The fact that you're so defensive tells me your a loser Halo fanboy because EVERYBODY knows Halo sucks. And what's up with the 30, 000 plus post count, loser boy?
You didn't express an opinion. You made wrong statements and got called on it.

As for 30,000 posts, yeah, I talk a lot. Woop-Dee-Doo. Let me know when that becomes relevant to anything. Dope.

TheGrayGhost said:
I respectfully disagree. The Metroid Prime series perfectly captures the stranded-space-adventure spirit of the original games and takes it further. The Metroid Prime series are not of the FPS genera. They are FPA's. These ARE true Metroid games.

Metroid Prime is a First Person Shooter. Thus the Metroid Prime series is an FPS series. The other Metroid games are not FPS's. They are the true Metroid games.

Oh huge ****ing please. The whole shooter aspect to the game is much, much smaller than the adventure party to it. :rolleyes:.

hippie_hunter said:
Metroid Prime is a First Person Shooter. Thus the Metroid Prime series is an FPS series. The other Metroid games are not FPS's. They are the true Metroid games.

Metroid Prime is not a first person shooter. It is a first person adventure. The spirit of the Metroid franchise is not contained within in a genre. Being a side-scroller or a first person adventure has nothing to do with being a "true" Metroid game.

WhatsHisFace said:
You didn't express an opinion. You made wrong statements and got called on it.

As for 30,000 posts, yeah, I talk a lot. Woop-Dee-Doo. Let me know when that becomes relevant to anything. Dope.

I made statements about Metroid Prime which are opinion. You can debate with me the merits of my opinions, but you don't get to tell me I'm factually wrong about it. The only thing I was wrong about was Halo being online, got a bit confused with that one I did.

Just for future reference: don't take it personally when other people don't like your favourite game.

By the way, although I have a general distaste for Halo, I'm cool with gamers who do like the game...

TheGrayGhost said:
Metroid Prime is not a first person shooter. It is a first person adventure. The spirit of the Metroid franchise is not contained within in a genre. Being a side-scroller or a first person adventure has nothing to do with being a "true" Metroid game.

I do think that Metroid Prime is a true Metroid game and the spirit of the franchise is within it. I think Metroid Prime is a great continuation of the story. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a first person shooter.

kainedamo said:
Just for future reference: don't take it personally when other people don't like your favourite game.
You don't like Halo yet didn't even know the details about it like when you said it was online.

You never played it.

hippie_hunter said:

Metroid Prime is a FPA. Definately. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"