Michael B Jordan IS Erik Killmonger!

And this time he'll be right when he says "They're still gonna go see it anyway."

The last Human Torch they cast really worked out, so hey...

It'll be interesting to see him as a villain (if that info is correct).

Wow, this cast is really shaping up to be something stellar. Hero or villain, I just hope they don't waste MBJ because he's awesome. Glad he's getting another shot at a CBM after Craptastic Bore.

Wow, I'm shocked. Who's next, Denzel? Crazy they can keep getting this kind of talent for lower tier films.

I guess this was inevitable once Coogler came on board. No matter what he's cast as Jordan will deliver the goods, though I have never heard him try to pull off an accent as far as I can remember.

Wow, I'm shocked. Who's next, Denzel? Crazy they can keep getting this kind of talent for lower tier films.

Denzel for Zuri all the way! But it really makes sense that they're raking in heavy talent for this. It's a pretty historic movie, there's going to be a long line of black talent wanting to get involved. I really don't think even Denzel is out of the question.

I'd like to see Denzel as Moses Magnum. He fits the role better than MBJ.

Supposedly Marvel has it better with Hulk, because back when they were first starting up Universal agreed to willingly hand over the actual production rights while they kept the distribution rights. With Namor Universal never made that deal, because the Pre-Disney MS never had immediate plans to utilise him.

Although I am happy with this news, I can't help but feel like MBJ is wasting his talent on a supporting role in BP. He was meant to be Night Thrasher leader of The New Warriors imo

The Rights To A Namor Movie Are Back At Marvel. Mostly.
Fox, Disney and Sony all own Marvel superhero properties. The bulk of the characters are over at Disney, while Sony controls the world of Spider-Man and Fox very tightly holds onto X-Men and Fantastic Four. But the very first Marvel superhero, back from the days when they called themselves Timely, is still not spoken for. That would be Namor the Sub-Mariner, and for the longest time the suggestion was that the rights to the character were over at Universal. But talkative Marvel head Kevin Feige is here to debunk such thoughts.

IGN recently sat down with Kevin Feige to talk about whether Marvel and Disney were free to make a Namor movie, and his answer was yes. Basically yes. With a caveat.

It’s slightly more complicated than that. Let’s put it this way – there are entanglements that make it less easy. There are older contracts that still involve other parties that mean we need to work things out before we move forward on it. As opposed to an Iron Man or any of the Avengers or any of the other Marvel characters where we could just put them in.

How vague. Rights issues can become quite complex. One studio likely doesn't just "own" the rights to something. It's why Marvel owns the rights to Spider-Man in print and on television, wheres Sony can only make the movies. Some rights expire. Some exist in perpetuity. Namor might be the one situation where highly sensitive legal documents are confusing or contradictory, with Feige still waiting for someone a bit more qualified to inform him who can make a movie featuring the character.

Perhaps this is a similar arrangement that Universal had with the Hulk. After the disappointing performance of 2003's Hulk, Universal allowed the film rights to lapse back to Marvel. However, when Marvel made The Incredible Hulk years later, Universal still distributed. Apparently, the studio had worked out a deal where the production rights to a Hulk movie had expired, but not the distribution rights. Marvel's negotiations to ensure this wouldn't happen again with Hulk or anyone else were, and may still be, something of a corporate nightmare.

In other words, perhaps Marvel has negotiated some, but not all rights, to Namor, and are just continuing to negotiate with Universal, who also has the powerful Legendary Pictures on their side. The end result could very well be a lot like The Incredible Hulk, where Universal distributes a movie made independently by Marvel and Legendary. Or maybe Marvel is negotiating a deal to gain sole, complete rights to Namor by leaving Universal out of the loop.

Or maybe no one is in a rush to make, or watch, a Namor movie. Like, at all.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rights-Namor-Movie-Back-Marvel-Mostly-66323.html

I honestly don't know if you can even call Black Panther lower-tier anymore. Coming out of Civil War, this has to be one of the most hotly anticipated superhero movies on the slate. And Black Panther as a character is on the rise. His new ongoing comic series got sales so astronomical for its #1 issue it might have put him at or near the top of Marvel's sales charts.

Just realize Marvel has nicked another Human Torch actor from Fox hahaha, just right after Flopt4stic writer announced Fox is interested in making a sequel.

He's a great actor. I just can't fathom him playing a villain yet because he has such a nice and friendly aura. Many people guessed him to play White Wolf and I have no problem with Michael to play another race-bent character, but I prefer Killmonger because Hunter being white plays a huge part in his character.

Black Panther is not a lower tier film by any means, unless you also consider the first Iron Man, Thor and TFA movies are also lower tier level. Setting aside its cultural significance of the first movie for the first mainstream black superhero, Black Panther is deemed as one of the major players leading the MCU in the future phases, replacing the original avengers roster. The only lower-tier Marvel films are TIH, Ant-man (which is supposed to be an on-off movie) and maybe GOTG (untested properties with virtually no relevancy in public consciousness).

I guess this was inevitable once Coogler came on board. No matter what he's cast as Jordan will deliver the goods, though I have never heard him try to pull off an accent as far as I can remember.

I'm hoping he's Erik Killmonger, or some other villain raised in the US.

He seems like a he would make a good Moses Magnum type to me. Magnum is president of the Deterrence Research Corporation (DRC), the world's foremost independent weapons manufacturing firm so he would make a good partner to illegal arms dealer Klaw.

Black Panther is not a lower tier film by any means, unless you also consider the first Iron Man, Thor and TFA movies are also lower tier level. Setting aside its cultural significance of the first movie for the first mainstream black superhero, Black Panther is deemed as one of the major players leading the MCU in the future phases, replacing the original avengers roster. The only lower-tier Marvel films are TIH, Ant-man (which is supposed to be an on-off movie) and maybe GOTG (untested properties with virtually no relevancy in public consciousness).
Clearly, Black Panther will become a big character.

But GOTG were nobody but after their first movie, they are now really popular.
And Ant-Man will have a sequel, Ant-man and The Wasp.

If MBJ is Killmonger personally I would not have a problem with it

Clearly, Black Panther will become a big character.

But GOTG were nobody but after their first movie, they are now really popular.
And Ant-Man will have a sequel, Ant-man and The Wasp.

Same thing with Iron Man. Before his movie came out he was pretty much an unknown B-list character among the general audience. And now he's pretty much the face of the MCU.

Though some people may try to argue about Iron Man's popularity beforehand because he had a cartoon in the 90s. Thing is, that cartoon wasn't as popular as the 90s X-men, Spider-man and Batman cartoons. Nobody ever talked about it. And it got cancelled after it's second season due to bad ratings. It didn't even get a game based off it.

I have a hard time pictureing him as a villain, I think its because of his previous roles and youthful features. I cant discredit his acting chops though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"