Michael B Jordan IS Erik Killmonger!

With Black Panther, Michael B. Jordan is pumped to join the Marvel universe.
“I’m super excited, especially to put a different spin on it,” the actor tells The Hollywood Reporter at Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic. “I’m looking forward to working with Ryan [Coogler] once again. It’s gonna be a good time.”
I can't wait to work with ... Lupita Nyong'o and Chadwick Boseman [in Black Panther.]

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/michael-b-jordan-repulsed-by-900527

^^Why the boldface?

Some sites are taking it as confirmation Lupita signed on.

I strongly assume Chadwick Bosman will make his return of T' Challa/Black Panther. He cemented the role perfectly and we fed off of his charisma and acting performance.

I did think how it would have turned out with M. Jordan "if " the role wasn't given to Chadwick.

Never heard about him being cast in this movie before the recent news from SDCC.
It's really cool to move from a movie supposedly based on Marvel's first family, to a movie about a character that debuted in that book series.

So how do we think they will portray Killmonger's backstory?

Something is telling me they may drop the whole Klaw (Klaue) part of his comic backstory and instead make him more like White Wolf or M'Baku (Ult) with some kind of familial tie, be it blood or adopted. Basically positioning MBJ to be the new Hiddleston as Thor's solo run is likely done following Ragnarok.

I wonder how Killmonger's battle garb will look. Hope we get some concept art. He's had some cool looks that could be embellished for the screen or I could see them doing something new. I wouldn't call any of them 'iconic' to where that would be a betrayal of the character.

I wish Marvel's film universe and its Netflix universe worked closer together, just so we could get a scene where Killmonger meets Killgrave and they could have a debate over which one of them has the more villainous surname.

Killmonger: Killgrave is a pretty badass name, but it doesn't touch Killmonger.

Killgrave: I beg to differ! My name combines the action and the inevitable result!

(Another man walks into the room)

Third man: My name is more nefarious than either of yours.

Killmonger: What's your name? Bob Murderdeathkill?

Killgrave: Tim Dismemberment? Steve McGenocide?

Third man: Donald Trump.

Killmonger and Killgrave: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
So how do we think they will portray Killmonger's backstory?

Something is telling me they may drop the whole Klaw (Klaue) part of his comic backstory and instead make him more like White Wolf or M'Baku (Ult) with some kind of familial tie, be it blood or adopted. Basically positioning MBJ to be the new Hiddleston as Thor's solo run is likely done following Ragnarok.

I wonder how Killmonger's battle garb will look. Hope we get some concept art. He's had some cool looks that could be embellished for the screen or I could see them doing something new. I wouldn't call any of them 'iconic' to where that would be a betrayal of the character.

I doubt they'll promote another villain as hard as Loki ever again, especially a black guy, unless tumblr undertakes a 10 year long infatuation with MBJ, but they hadn't before, don't think they'll suddenly start.

As for how he'll be portrayed, I thought a release said he was the son of an exiled wakandan? Maybe his dad was the one guarding the Vibranium Klaw stole, so he's out for everyone and it's a three-way war of some sort? It all sounds very win-win.

I suspect his garb will be more traditional and his methods more crafty. We'll see T'Challa learn to outsmart him.

How come no-one asked MBJ about the Human Torch and FFINO at the Black Panther panel? :o

I wish Marvel's film universe and its Netflix universe worked closer together, just so we could get a scene where Killmonger meets Killgrave and they could have a debate over which one of them has the more villainous surname.

Killgrave: I beg to differ! My name combines the action and the inevitable result!

They could have a debate about which surname is more Irish-sounding. :o

That'll be a pretty one sided conversation.

Killmonger: So, your neck still broken?

Killgrave: ...

:woot:

How come no-one asked MBJ about the Human Torch and FFINO at the Black Panther panel? :o

Same reason no one ever asks RDJ about his DUIs. Because awesomeness overshadows everything. It never even occurred to anyone that this guy in this awesome movie was ever in a wack movie.

I wonder how MBJ feels to be standing here as part of this panel compared to being part of the FFINO cast. Was there a panel for them before at comic con?

Just go to YouTube and type in fantastic 4 comic con. You'll see it there.

I wonder how MBJ feels to be standing here as part of this panel compared to being part of the FFINO cast. Was there a panel for them before at comic con?

Michael B Jordan quote on being officially in the MCU

"I survived! I survived man! I survived!

[YT]Sl6mbbu1AlI[/YT]

You can add in Aldrich Killian but that would be overkill.

Is MBJ going to have an accent for the film as Killmonger? Or is he going to talk in his normal voice?

In the comics Killmonger was born and raised in Wakanda but was exiled and ended up NY. But given the amount of time he spent in Wakanda before being thrown out he'd have an accent.

Last edited:
Why does he have such an Irish sounding surname then?

Because he changed it when he went to the states. His real name is N'Jadka.

He's clearly Killmonger since we know that Klaw is going to appear.

I'd be interested to hear who is going to get the role as Klaw. As well as how Klaw will look in the Black Panther movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"