Michael B Jordan IS Erik Killmonger!

Black panther is going to asgard and to ask heimdall where Wallace is.

Lol how many are gonna get that one?

I wish Elba had turned down that role. He is wasted as Heimdall.
That's some real 20/20 hindsight as there was no way he knew a BP movie would be made back in 2010 when he signed on as Heimdall.

I'd like to see him as either Moses Magnum, Erik Killmonger or Vibraxas.

Why is Black Panther fighting Johnny Storm? :oldrazz:

Lol what if he Steve Evans have a scene together.

That'd be the best part of the movie!

If he's an antagonist, he's possibly a political opponent not necesarily a superpowered one. I'm sure the film will delve into the Wakandans accepting T'Challa as their new leader, and i'm sure there will be some in his government who will be against his actions (keeping Bucky there) and challenge his reign, and his right to the panther powers. MBJ maybe that person as he looks the same age as Boseman.

Huh? Boseman is 40 and MBJ is like 26

Golgo is right though. Irrespective of their actual ages Boseman and Jordan look about the same age. Boseman looks late 20s/early 30s.

3231-Michael-Jordan-Joins-Cast-of-Marvel.jpg

I hope he is either like a Bucky/Rhodey sidekick to Black Panther. Or a villain that becomes an ally or vice versa.

MBJ is 29.

I think he is in a good age range for Moses Magnum or Erik Killmonger.
Ok so he's 29. Just 3 more years. Still a bit young for those characters. Vibraxas would be good, although im not sure Marvel has his rites. He made his debut in F4 and was heavily featured in that comic. Then again so did BP and im still not sure how Marvel has his rites but another great character like Silver Surfer is stuck at Fox.

Last edited:
Him being exiled to the US and returning with a vengeance makes perfect sense for the MBJ. We'll see though.

I hope he is either like a Bucky/Rhodey sidekick to Black Panther. Or a villain that becomes an ally or vice versa.

Yeah, I want MJB to become a hero sometimes in the movie.

Ok so he's 29. Just 3 more years. Still a bit young for those characters. Vibraxas would be good, although im not sure Marvel has his rites. He made his debut in F4 and was heavily featured in that comic. Then again so did BP and im still not sure how Marvel has his rites but another great character like Silver Surfer is stuck at Fox.

Well if he's too young for those guys isn't he too old for Vibraxis? Plus he's rumored to be playing a villain which Vibry isn't. I honestly don't see that character appearing in Panther's first movie.

People here are making stuff up. No one knows who Jordan is playing; good or bad. There's no legit rumour just fan speculation.

Well if he's too young for those guys isn't he too old for Vibraxis? Plus he's rumored to be playing a villain which Vibry isn't. I honestly don't see that character appearing in Panther's first movie.

Yeah i guess he would be a bit to old but better him than ManApe. As for him being a villian it hant been confirmed.

Denzel for Zuri all the way! But it really makes sense that they're raking in heavy talent for this. It's a pretty historic movie, there's going to be a long line of black talent wanting to get involved. I really don't think even Denzel is out of the question.

It's a historic movie?

It's a historic movie?

He has a point.

Just look at the worrying landscape of racial and LGBT dynamics and representation in cinema and television; and look at how it's recently been kicked into overdrive with either bait and switch tactics or just flat out and complete disregard.

Films in general, TV shows, genre and speculative genre show utter disregard and disdain and resentful attitude towards minority and LGBT characters.

Look at the Blade films, most people didn't even know he was a comic book character and in the 3 films he had not once was he even given a love interest. He never even kissed a woman. The female lead in the first film was completely forgotten about and never mentioned again, the second film had the bad guy's daughter who was a vampire and a Latina that showed a contrary disposition of what her character is towards Blade and was killed off and 3rd film, well the less said about that the better.

Some people here were even saying they don't want BP to even have a love interest because he should be too busy and preoccupied with his responsibilities as a monarch and as the Black Panther. Seriously??

X-men films - Storm is characterised as absolute ****, has no love interest meanwhile Jean is playing pass the penis with Scott and Logan and Rogue, Callisto a Latina gets killed off.
First class has only 2 black characters, Zoe Kravitz as Angel/Tempest who is introduced as a stripper, becomes a turncoat, has a minor role in the finale battle and is then forgotten about completely for the sequels and Edi Gathegi as Darwin who is unceremoniously killed off. Days of Future Past, where there were so many thankless roles and again Halle as Storm is wasted as well as the second black character, Omar Sy's Bishop who had the pleasure of meeting his demise by 3 sentinels blasting every spec of his being into oblivion.
X-men origins wolverine: We have Nigeria as a location, home to a bunch of bad guys who get wasted like a blow torch through butter and then WillIAm's character John Wraith who's dispatched in about 30 seconds by having his spine ripped out....and the only black character in Deadpool was a foul-mouthed old blind woman and speaking of blind women....For Tim Story's F4 movies, we get the gorgeous Kerry Washington in the role of a bit part blind woman, serving as the love interest to "the thing" and Lawrence Fishburne being used to lend his voice talents only.

The list can go on but ultimately, POC and other minority groups are largely disproportionally utilised and ill-represented. Is it any wonder why it was only Rhodey that was the victim to suffer a permanent physical disability out of all the characters. They're not going to **** with Black Panther because that would be an overwhelming headache that would probably start an all new social movement that would not only ruin and have an adverse effect on CW but Marvel also have a BP movie they're well on their way in preparing for so nope, BP's gotta shine like a well greased forehead. As for Sam, well, birdman was too busy being locked up so...with the other black character, he cant walk away from this unscathed and they don't want to kill him, that would just be too conspicuous. The solution, cripple him.

Anyway, the BP film that has a predominantly black cast and that has a commercial appeal just like any other tent-pole movie is something somewhat historic and a game changer. This isn't a niche "black" movie, this is a blockbuster film where the majority of the cast don't look like the majority of the cast that you'll ordinarily find in every other big, commercial movies or any other type of mainstream film. This is a film set in Sub-Sahara Africa where characters of colour are going to be portrayed by a coloured man to a worldwide audience of all manner of colour. This Black Panther film IS a big deal.

The list can go on but ultimately, POC and other minority groups are largely disproportionally utilised and ill-represented. Is it any wonder why
it was only Rhodey that was the victim to suffer a permanent physical disability out of all the characters. They're not going to **** with Black Panther because that would be an overwhelming headache that would probably start an all new social movement that would not only ruin and have an adverse effect on CW but Marvel also have a BP movie they're well on their way in preparing for so nope, BP's gotta shine like a well greased forehead. As for Sam, well, birdman was too busy being locked up so...with the other black character, he cant walk away from this unscathed and they don't want to kill him, that would just be too conspicuous. The solution, cripple him.

Are you really suggesting that
Rhodey was only injured because he's black? If so that's pretty ridiculous.

I'm personally not suggesting it but I've heard and read such views/opinions from others; and irrespective of the truth or lack of it in support of that viewpoint, I can understand why certain people may think that way.

I'm hoping he's playing Moses Magnum. I think he'll be really great at it too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"