Michael Bay brings "The Last Ship" to TNT

I watched a "First Look" on this last night that seemed to actually be the first hour of the 2-hour premiere.

The next season looks quite good and exciting.

since there's a movie playing at the moment on TNT before it , I think it's a safe bet to say that tonight WILL be the third season premiere...

since there's a movie playing at the moment on TNT before it , I think it's a safe bet to say that tonight WILL be the third season premiere...

Nope, on Facebook they said they won't air The Last Ship tonight due to one part of a shooting at a club

wait, it looks like the second season finale is on right now... my mistake, thought it was the premiere... guess we'll see in an hour from now...

woop, my apologies, Morg, looks like you're right... I just did a bit of internet researching and it looks like I spoke a bit too soon before leaping... tonight's two hour premiere HAS been postponed... once again, My apologies, Morg...

I dont know why networks do this. Yes what happened in Florida was a tragic event but do these networks really think the whole country and all its people stop proceeding as normal when something like this happens? Do they really think we don't watch tv because a terrorist killed people? Most people not directly effected by this crime go on about their day like they would have if there hadn't been a crime. People don't have a day of silence and cut themselves off from electronics.

And if it's the network's way of showing respect, there are better ways to show respect. Not airing new episodes doesn't change what happened, it doesn't help the victims or the families and friends of the victims. It doesn't make them feel any better. It doesn't make them feel like TNT is "with them" in this tragic time. I doubt a single person that was hurt by that crime has thought about TNT and The Last Ship a single time since the attack.

I dont know why networks do this. Yes what happened in Florida was a tragic event but do these networks really think the whole country and all its people stop proceeding as normal when something like this happens? Do they really think we don't watch tv because a terrorist killed people? Most people not directly effected by this crime go on about their day like they would have if there hadn't been a crime. People don't have a day of silence and cut themselves off from electronics.

And if it's the network's way of showing respect, there are better ways to show respect. Not airing new episodes doesn't change what happened, it doesn't help the victims or the families and friends of the victims. It doesn't make them feel any better. It doesn't make them feel like TNT is "with them" in this tragic time. I doubt a single person that was hurt by that crime has thought about TNT and The Last Ship a single time since the attack.

You know why? One scene was a shooting at a club like the one in Orlando, consider what happen it's best to delay it

The odds of a real life event happening right before a television or movie with a similar scene are small but it happens. 24 delayed because they had a terrorist blow up an airplane in their premiere in September of 2001, and the movie Collateral Damage with Arnold Schwarzenegger was delayed until Feburary of 2002 for the same reason.

Yeah, the delay was a good call. Airing a show that features a shooting in a nightclub, literally less than 24 hours after the largest mass shooting in our country's history, which took place at a nightclub, would have been in terrible taste.

The odds of a real life event happening right before a television or movie with a similar scene are small but it happens. 24 delayed because they had a terrorist blow up an airplane in their premiere in September of 2001, and the movie Collateral Damage with Arnold Schwarzenegger was delayed until Feburary of 2002 for the same reason.

And recently, episode 4 of Supergirl was switched with episode 5 because of the Paris attacks.

The episodes are online now. Good call by TNT to pull it for now over the the club shooting scene.

As for the rest of the episode.....

No! Goodbye Dr. Scott😭 Hello Sasha 😍

The orchestrated attack obviously required an inside man or woman. I'm looking at the blond woman advisor to the President. The other dude is a red herring.

The myserty attackers were careful with their language. Until the end when they spoke Japanese. I figure the Chinese gave them the intel to hit the Nathan James in Vietnam. The strange sound wave the poor hacker chick cracked must be how the U.S. traitor is communicating with them. Poor hacker girl.

I was going to post that these episodes had made their way online Sunday night but you beat me to it.

They definitely were right in postponing the episodes. That would definitely have been in poor taste in light of what happened.

As to the spoilers, I agree on most of that.

I'll be extremely disappointed if Valkyrie is really dead.

She barely had any time to develop and then they just kill her off in a plane blowing up right after she figures out what is going on? There has to be more to that. We don't see her die, just the plane exploding.

I think she made it at least. The pilots maybe, maybe not but there was enough time to parachute her out or something. Waste of a great potential character otherwise.

Scott's death is permanant and disappointing too though. She is shot and killed in the final moments of the finale and then we time skip ahead several months in the premiere. There is a nice sort of memorial for her, people still grieve for her loss but mostly they have moved on with their lives and the story.

And several other characters seem to have been written/killed off to thin the ranks, then fill them up with new people, some of whom just get killed off within the first two episodes.

It feels like they don't know who they want to keep and are changing their minds on where to take certain characters.

Mark your calendars for the newly scheduled 2-hour season premiere of The Last Ship. Tune in Sunday 6/19 at 9/8c.

This was on Facebook

I was going to post that these episodes had made their way online Sunday night but you beat me to it.

They definitely were right in postponing the episodes. That would definitely have been in poor taste in light of what happened.

As to the spoilers, I agree on most of that.

I'll be extremely disappointed if Valkyrie is really dead.

She barely had any time to develop and then they just kill her off in a plane blowing up right after she figures out what is going on? There has to be more to that. We don't see her die, just the plane exploding.

I think she made it at least. The pilots maybe, maybe not but there was enough time to parachute her out or something. Waste of a great potential character otherwise.

Scott's death is permanant and disappointing too though. She is shot and killed in the final moments of the finale and then we time skip ahead several months in the premiere. There is a nice sort of memorial for her, people still grieve for her loss but mostly they have moved on with their lives and the story.

And several other characters seem to have been written/killed off to thin the ranks, then fill them up with new people, some of whom just get killed off within the first two episodes.

It feels like they don't know who they want to keep and are changing their minds on where to take certain characters.

I saw the first hour a few weeks back, and I agree with all of this.

Another thing that occured to me that I started off thinking as a joke but might be true is if Michael Bay and/or whoever else is running the show did not want too many female characters running around.

A lot of those who did not return or got killed off were female. There were several male characters who got a similar treatment but it felt to me like they removed several women and have not replaced them with other women. Or their replacements feel less important and memorable.

It's only been two episodes and they have definitely brought in some very good female characters (including the always welcome Dichen Lachman in a decent role) so I'm not going to give them too hard a time on it just yet. I get that it's the military so they will be heavy on the men but this is also a post-epidemic world so there should be more women in some of the bigger roles.

Awesome fight scene between Wolf and the top MSS agent. If Green hadn't intervene when he did. Bye Wolf.

I don't trust President Michener's blond *****... something about her just seems devious as hell, though I'm probably wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"