Michael Bay brings "The Last Ship" to TNT

I just KNEW it was gonna turn out the way it did... daaaamn, what a great season finale, can't wait till next year...

So whats left of the U.S. are the bad guys here & The Man In Black is a good guy. Typical twist

S__t just got real. Tex is roaming though.

Ok finale, I agree with DA_Champion, nice setup for the next season.
I knew that The Captain's wife was going to go to make room for Rhona Mitra.
I had a Solyent Green vibe when Chandler said : they burning the body to fuel the city !

I knew the mother was going to be one of the so-called warlords the moment we saw her and I kind of figured that Captain's wife wouldn't make it so they could pull a love-triangle with him, Rhona and the ex-special forces guy.

I KNEW THAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN....BAW GAWD...WHAT A GREAT SHOW...CANT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR

sO "THE MAN IN BLACK...(IS A GOOD GUY...SORTA?)

I wonder if Titus Welliver and Maximiliano Hernández will get a mini Marvel reunion on this show.

The finale was good and definitely did a good job of putting several interesting plots in play for season 2, I got a mix of TWD crossed with Revolution vibe in the set up for the second season.

I wonder if the second season will all take place on land and will build around them trying to take back the titular "Last Ship" and escape.

Awesome finale. Knew something wasn't right with the Baltimore folks who connected with Nathan James.

Screw the Captain and the doctor love angle. Tex got that ass. He'll solidify it when he comes to rescue his dismal in distress next season. :word:

Finale was so freaking good. I seriously can't wait for the next season. I love this show!!! Hasn't been a weak episode all season.

Screw the Captain and the doctor love angle. Tex got that ass. He'll solidify it when he comes to rescue his dismal in distress next season. :word:

Nah, The Captain is Cyclops and Tex is Wolverine ( the movie versions ) :)
Wanna bet ? ( friendly bet of course ).

X-ray take his bet. The captain won't be romancing for awhile. The man just lost his wife. Besides Dr Scott liked that kiss

Can someone please explain to me how the hell you burn human bodies to power a city? That makes no sense.

Can someone please explain to me how the hell you burn human bodies to power a city? That makes no sense.

By the sheer willpower of the script :)
Well, the fat in the body burns and produce heat, that's my explanation.

Last edited:
I was kind of surprised that a black female would turn out to be given a position of authority within an American TV show, particularly one as jingoistic as Last Ship.

And then it turns out she's the villain, lol :-)

Humans are carbon-based. You heat any carbon-based material enough, it turns into flammable charcoal.

Also: http://disinfo.com/2009/05/exactly-how-does-the-human-body-burn/

So what happens after they light the fire? “A human limb burns a little like a tree branch,” says John DeHaan, a fire investigator at Fire-Ex Forensics in Vallejo, California, who works with Pope. First, he says, the thin outer layers of skin fry and begin to peel off as the flames dance across their surface. Then, after around 5 minutes, the thicker dermal layer of skin shrinks and begins to split, allowing the underlying yellow fat to leak out.

“That’s when the fire gets most interesting,” says DeHaan. Body fat can make a good fuel source, but it needs material such as clothing or charred wood to act as a wick. Like that in a wax candle, a wick absorbs the fat and pulls it into the flame, where it is vapourised, so enabling it to burn.

Assuming there is sufficient wick material, the body can sustain its own fire for around 7 hours. During this time, the heat causes muscles to dry out and contract, making the limbs move and sometimes adopt characteristic postures (see illustrations). Bone takes longer to burn, so by the end the skeleton is usually laid bare like a charred anatomical model, coated in the greasy residue of burned flesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"