Michael Jackson II: Legendary Redux!

I hear you. Try having a baby due any day, on top of everything else that goes with this time of year.

Haha awesome ^ :)

I got it from Amazon on Tues. and I've loved it so far. It's funny too because I have and love Lenny Kravitz's Baptism album, and Storm was always my absolute favorite song from it. Who knew that that song was actually written for MJ's Invincible!? Ha what are the odds :funny: When I heard Another Day on MICHAEL I thought "What the heck, MJ wanted to cover Storm? I love that song!" But it turns out it was orginally going to be released by MJ :D

I really like the new album... i bought two copies
one for myself.. and one for my sister's xmas present (massive mj fan)

I Love whole album.... especially "Hold My Hand" and "breaking news"

Good to hear Chris. I should download it off iTunes, but I might wait it out to see if someone gets it for me.

Haha awesome ^ :)

I got it from Amazon on Tues. and I've loved it so far. It's funny too because I have and love Lenny Kravitz's Baptism album, and Storm was always my absolute favorite song from it. Who knew that that song was actually written for MJ's Invincible!? Ha what are the odds :funny: When I heard Another Day on MICHAEL I thought "What the heck, MJ wanted to cover Storm? I love that song!" But it turns out it was orginally going to be released by MJ :D

Did not know that. I did, however, know that "Behind The Mask" was recorded circa 1985 by Greg Phillinganes (keyboardist on the "Bad" tour & a number of MJ's 80's hits) in an attempt to break out on his own. Whether Michael recorded it first is something of a question. Oh, yeah-welcome back, BTW. Haven't seen you in a while. WOuld've liked ot have you around a couple of pages ago when the thread went a little nuts.

I really like the new album... i bought two copies
one for myself.. and one for my sister's xmas present (massive mj fan)

I Love whole album.... especially "Hold My Hand" and "breaking news"

When I received my gift, a young girl saw it & said "That's dope", then referred to MJ as her "husband". Gives me hope for this generation.

Did not know that. I did, however, know that "Behind The Mask" was recorded circa 1985 by Greg Phillinganes (keyboardist on the "Bad" tour & a number of MJ's 80's hits) in an attempt to break out on his own. Whether Michael recorded it first is something of a question. Oh, yeah-welcome back, BTW. Haven't seen you in a while. WOuld've liked ot have you around a couple of pages ago when the thread went a little nuts.
Wow, uhmm. Yup. Kinda glad I missed out on all that those few pages back. No need to push for more controversy and tabloids on the man. I think I've seen enough on that, even after his death.

And ha, I think I just go unnoticed half the time when I post on this site, I've made a couple here in the last couple pages I think. In other MyMJ news :oldrazz: I spent a few hours a couple months ago trying to find an instrumental for Remember the Time, and yay I found one. Haha, I always love it when I find some of my favorite songs' instrumentals. Teddy Riley is the man :word:

What does everyone think of the legitimacy of the Cascio tracks?

When I received my gift, a young girl saw it & said "That's dope", then referred to MJ as her "husband". Gives me hope for this generation.
Most of the ones of us who are MJ fans... we're big MJ fans.

I'm sure you're aware of the suspicion that it isn't actually Michael singing on "Breaking News", "Keep Your Head Up", or "Monster"--that Sony got an impersonator to lay down the vocal tracks.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/12/13/...thumous-songs-underwe/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

I have to admit, there's something...off, about those vocals.

I'm going to render my opinion on this for the last time ever. Forgive me if I come off hostile or if you feel anything I'm saying is directed at you. It isn't. Here goes:
Any implication that "Breaking News" is a hoax is absurd. I've listened to it multiple times and in my opinion-after 28 years of faithfully listening to Michael-it's clearly him. The tone, the inflection, the flows, the lyrical style-all of it. And let's take a closer look at the allegations:
1-you fake something when you CAN'T provide the genuine article, and that is the only time you fake something. How stupid would it be to sandwich a fake MJ recording in with an album full of GENUINE Michael tracks? That doesn't make even a little bit of sense. We want to sell this one song recorded by somebody else and pretend it's him? Why, then, isn't anyone questioning the legitimacy of the REST of the album? And do you also question whether it's really him on "Speed Demon", "Xscape", "2000 Watts" or "Privacy"? Because he sounds the same on those songs as he does here.
2-what's being alleged here is nothing less than fraud. There are ways to authenticate a voice on a recording. If it were truly falsified, they would get caught & some people would be going to jail. Why run the risk if-once again-you have ACTUAL Michael Jackson recordings to sell? They would have done better to just say this song was recorded in tribute to him & give the real vocalist his due.
3-So what if some family members say it's not him? They've worked with him-what, twice in the last decade? I don't know everything there is to know about my brothers and sisters and sometimes I don't recognize their voices right away. They probably wouldn't have recognized his voice on those other songs I previously mentioned either. Joe also said it wasn't him we saw in "This Is It". Do you believe that, too? I just see it as another attempt at grabbing headlines in his name. I give no more credence to that than the 50,000 other allegations I've heard about him. If anything, they should be trying to convince people that someone else recorded "Word To The Badd".
4-Michael is credited on the album as the songwriter and co-producer. He wrote the song but didn't record it? He would have to have been in on the scam. And to what end? Either that or Sony's building up their criminality by falsifying credits as well. There's even a written prelude to the lyrics which says and I quote: "This is Michael's life under the microscope. The more success you have the more some try to tear you down. This is prophecy. Michael demonstrated a keen sense of humor regarding the media. He would often disguise his voice as a journalist talking about 'Michael Jackson'. He seemed to find a lot of humor in how silly things would make the news."

[YT]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tE5lhnv0QD4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tE5lhnv0QD4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

I'm going to render my opinion on this for the last time ever. Forgive me if I come off hostile or if you feel anything I'm saying is directed at you. It isn't. Here goes:
Any implication that "Breaking News" is a hoax is absurd. I've listened to it multiple times and in my opinion-after 28 years of faithfully listening to Michael-it's clearly him. The tone, the inflection, the flows, the lyrical style-all of it. And let's take a closer look at the allegations:
1-you fake something when you CAN'T provide the genuine article, and that is the only time you fake something. How stupid would it be to sandwich a fake MJ recording in with an album full of GENUINE Michael tracks? That doesn't make even a little bit of sense. We want to sell this one song recorded by somebody else and pretend it's him? Why, then, isn't anyone questioning the legitimacy of the REST of the album? And do you also question whether it's really him on "Speed Demon", "Xscape", "2000 Watts" or "Privacy"? Because he sounds the same on those songs as he does here.
2-what's being alleged here is nothing less than fraud. There are ways to authenticate a voice on a recording. If it were truly falsified, they would get caught & some people would be going to jail. Why run the risk if-once again-you have ACTUAL Michael Jackson recordings to sell? They would have done better to just say this song was recorded in tribute to him & give the real vocalist his due.
3-So what if some family members say it's not him? They've worked with him-what, twice in the last decade? I don't know everything there is to know about my brothers and sisters and sometimes I don't recognize their voices right away. They probably wouldn't have recognized his voice on those other songs I previously mentioned either. Joe also said it wasn't him we saw in "This Is It". Do you believe that, too? I just see it as another attempt at grabbing headlines in his name. I give no more credence to that than the 50,000 other allegations I've heard about him. If anything, they should be trying to convince people that someone else recorded "Word To The Badd".
4-Michael is credited on the album as the songwriter and co-producer. He wrote the song but didn't record it? He would have to have been in on the scam. And to what end? Either that or Sony's building up their criminality by falsifying credits as well. There's even a written prelude to the lyrics which says and I quote: "This is Michael's life under the microscope. The more success you have the more some try to tear you down. This is prophecy. Michael demonstrated a keen sense of humor regarding the media. He would often disguise his voice as a journalist talking about 'Michael Jackson'. He seemed to find a lot of humor in how silly things would make the news."

I'll address your points one by one:

1. I've never heard an MJ song whose vocals I called into question besides "2000 Watts", and that's because MJ was purposely singing in a much lower register than people were used to hearing him sing in. The examples you used--"Speed Demon," "Xscape," "Privacy"--are all CLEARLY him, to me. Why would they fake the vocals, you ask? Good question. However, the answer could be as simple as Sony did not feel many of the other tracks were "radio worthy" and decided they needed to cement the record's marketability by adding a few more 'guaranteed' hits to the tracklist. Maybe the instrumental tracks and some of MJ's vocals had been laid down but the producers decided they weren't salvageable enough to present as an acceptable final product? It's no surprise that "Monster" is already confirmed as the next single and "Keep Your Head Up" will probably wind up as a single, too.

2. I'm not sure how to satisfactorily address this point but I should just direct you to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp59ZI9VBfk. Also check this one out, too, if you have the time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2u4beeHawo&feature=related. I'm not saying it confirms ANYTHING, but I do feel it lends some credibility to the suspicions being passed around.

3. First off, Joe Jackson is an *******. I don't pay attention to/respect anything he does. But besides that, I don't need the Jackson family to tell me that these vocals are fake. Again, I'm not declaring that I know for SURE that they are fraudulent, but even at first listen, I could tell that there was something off about them. Some people have claimed that it's because Michael's voice had changed drastically in the nine or so years since his last full studio album, "Invincible." While I wouldn't discount that this notion is possible, listen to "Best of Joy", which was allegedly recorded in 2009 not long before Michael's death and which is CLEARLY him. So why is it, then, that he sounds so different on three tracks which are supposedly three years old but yet sounds exactly like his old self on a more recent track? It doesn't add up.

4. I don't want to come across as some crackpot conspiracy theorist, but it could very well be one giant scam and everyone associated with the album IS in on it. Controversy seemed to follow MJ wherever he went. And remember what the man said: "If you show me the cash, then I will take it, if you tell me to cry then I will fake it, if you give me a hand then I will shake it...You'll do anything for money." ;)

Again, I totally respect your opinions, Chris. You've been an MJ fan longer than I and you're entitled to your own beliefs. Still, I smell a rat.

Last edited:
I'm open to either side of the debate... I honestly have no idea.

Monster rocks! for those arguing about the vocals being MJ, it's already been confirmed by sound forensics who ran it through voice analyzers that it is in fact MJ.

Monster rocks! for those arguing about the vocals being MJ, it's already been confirmed by sound forensics who ran it through voice analyzers that it is in fact MJ.
That's in no way convincing proof, especially if the sound forensic analysts are in the pocket of Sony.

This is starting to look like an inverted pyramid...

I think my favorite song off the new album is "Monster". Some of the tunes have a real old school MJ feel to them-particularly "Behind The Mask". I would love to know when that one & "The way You Love Me" were actually recorded. But either way, I'm still having a blast listening to it.

Monster (IMO) shows what Michael has become via the media, the fans and others who have pushed him further into the spotlight alone, onto a pedestal, away from his family, making him believe his own hype and how that led to his downfall.

Oh come on man. :funny:

MJ was in the spotlight alone because he alone deserved it. Just as Janet got her own spotlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"