Michael Mann’s Ferrari

will this be marketed as an action film? a drama? a romance?

Definitely a drama.

I'm surprised a major studio picked it up. I was expecting this to go indie. Also, that $80M budget is ridiculous. It amazes me how Mann can get away with it. But I guess since it came fully financed already, Paramount didn't need to care about that.

It's good that he knows now that it's time to stop. Doing the yo-yo dieting on a regular basis will kill him.

Given the time frame, it looks like too that they're going for a heavier actor rather than someone who needs to gain weight which is good.

Why couldn't they have just used Bale as is? It's not like Ferrari was that fat in his younger years.

yeah even the older heavier enzo isnt that fat..

Bale's so used to this that he probably just assumed he would have to gain weight without even being told to, and quit before they could tell him it wasn't necessary. :lmao:

From Monday Bale already gained 30 pounds.

Enzo wasnt that fat. with minimal prosthetics/make up it could work out.
he would need a fat suit but so what

More like Christian Bailed. amirite?!

nwGgmST.gif

More like Christian Bailed. amirite?!

nwGgmST.gif

That's too bad. But at least he knows his limits with the weight gain/weight loss stuff. It would be terrible if he really harmed himself long term trying to pull it off again.

Considering how big of a flop Mann's last film was I wouldn't be surprised if the weight gain thing was just a ******** excuse to not do a film he just didn't feel good about.

Considering they were like couple of months from production starting that's pretty late in the game. And Bale has worked with Mann on 'Public Enemies' so it's not as if they don't have some sort of contact or know how from before.

Last edited:
Hmm good choice but still would've like to see how Bale would've done on this. Shame it might not start shooting till next year.

Jackman will be solid. I just hope this is Heat and Collateral Michael Mann.

Wow, I suppose it was because Bale was attached to this at some point and Mann produced Ford V Ferrari, but I had just assumed this project developed into Ford V Ferrari and as it developed into something different, Mann decided to just produce and not direct. :funny::funny::funny::funny:

Excited to see this is still a thing.

I'm all in for this. Jackman was great in Bad Education.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"