• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man Michael Papajohn Returning for Spider-Man 4?

If true, and it is another flashback, than that is so incredibly lame. What else is there to cover? That there is another twist? Good to see these years off have allowed Raimi to bring fresh ideas to the table. :rolleyes: Can't wait for the inevitable MJ being kidnapped at the end of the movie either. :down

Well seriously Joker, what else could it be. The Burglar is dead, so it can't be Chameleon or Mysterio. The cops remove the body, so it is not an illusion. As far as Uncle Ben, what more can they do with that, but tie the Burglar & Flint to a much larger character that may be a future villain, that may impact a future story or event.

As I said, Mysterio could use some gas that messes with Spidey's brain. Pretty much like Scarecrow did to Batman in Batman Begins. Heck, pretty much like Scarecrow always does.

Can we also bring back the teacher? I KID YOU NOT!
Maybe the teacher was the mastermind behind all the evil villains the entire time. :ikyn....what a twist!!!

But seriously, why can't they just let it go. It happened 3 movies ago :huh:
As others have mentioned however I HOPE that its either cameleon or mysterio messing around with Spiderman and in that case it would be perfectly acceptable for him to reprise the role.

I don't know what this is about but I already don't like it. Another stroll down memory lane perhaps? And if this is some sort of trickery from Mysterio or Chameleon then I guess Sandman has blabbed poor Peter's identity to every thug in the city.

Wonderful.

After Spidey 3 this dude is no longer relevent.

"Stop messing with my head, Mysterio! You're showing me the guy who totally didnt shoot my uncle! AIEEE!!!"

Well seriously Joker, what else could it be. The Burglar is dead, so it can't be Chameleon or Mysterio. The cops remove the body, so it is not an illusion. As far as Uncle Ben, what more can they do with that, but tie the Burglar & Flint to a much larger character that may be a future villain, that may impact a future story or event.

We didn't see that though did we? Just some cops looking through the window he had fallen through, iirc.
The only ref we have to the guy being dead is MJ talking to Pete about him in SM3, iirc. Maybe Pete just assumed he was dead and he's not. He could have figured out Spidey's secret ID from his abilities and the fact he says 'you killed my uncle.'
If he is indeed dead and it's just a flashback, I imagine it'll be Pete going through some kind of guilt or conflicted feelings about the situation. He could just be part of a nightmare type thing where you see a few people who shaped who Spider-man is.
The guy from the Dead Zone who was in The Dark Knight said his role was top secret etc, and it merely amounted to a newscaster, this guy has just been sworn to secrecy, it's probably not that involved a part, quick flashback prob.

After Spidey 3 this dude is no longer relevent.

"Stop messing with my head, Mysterio! You're showing me the guy who totally didnt shoot my uncle! AIEEE!!!"
I know you're being sarcastic but if they do use Mysterio and papajohn (love that name!) it would probably be mysterio showing Peter how he is a "murderer" since the man didn't kill Ben and Peter caused him to die.

I really hope we dont get a flashback though. The flashbacks in SM3 were TEREBLE!!! whoever was editting that needs to be fired

Now we don't know in what context he'll return but personally i feel there's no need to bring him back a third time. What more do they need to show about Uncle Ben's killer that we haven't seen? Why (once again) show more flashbacks?:confused: I think it's time to move on Sam.:(

However if this is some kind of trick from Mysterio or Chameleon i guess i wouldn't mind as much.:o

Last edited:
If "the audience" can be fine with Campbell being three different people in three different films, they can deal with Papajohn. I seriously doubt anyone will be stormig out of the theater over Papajohn's appearance, do you?

Bruce's roles were different for all three movies. Papa John's Pizza had one role in movie one and three. That makes it different. Why would he get a different role NOW? It'll still be a stupid move just because we've(the audience) as seen him twice already as the burglar, and no one different. And why already make it a big deal such as "If I told you, I'd have to kill you?"

Which, by the way, that line is funny, seeing as how he didn't kill Ben.

If his role is related to Chameleon or Mysterio, then we better know how the hell the villain knows about this guy, and if the villain knows about the burglar, then he must know that Peter is Spider-Man...and then that would make another villain know about Spidey's identity.

And a pointless flashback of the not-really-Uncle-Ben's-killer is not something that should be in the fourth film.

So both ways, it's an epic fail.

Cool news! I actaully don't really mind this. I am curious though, what will his role be? What are they going to do with Uncle Ben's killer? A flashback maybe?

If I knew one person who would be fine with this, it'd be you, hah.

:hehe:

We didn't see that though did we? Just some cops looking through the window he had fallen through, iirc.
No we didn't; but the cop did look down and surround the body. Come on, they remove the body. Papajohn role will be just another flashback. Personally, I think it will be to tie him & Flint to someone.

I wouldn't be surprise that the big secret is that Sony & Marvel bought out the rights to KingPin(since he is so New York that we will appreciate) and The Burglar & Flint muscle in on the promoter who owe Kingpin or something. Kingpin may force Flint to join an ensemble of Supervillains or something in a future installment.

I'm just saying, what other reason could Sam be delving back to the Burglar for if its not to ties Flint to someone. The Burglar is dead... there is no illusion.

No we didn't; but the cop did look down and surround the body. Come on, they remove the body. Papajohn role will be just another flashback. Personally, I think it will be to tie him & Flint to someone.

I wouldn't be surprise that the big secret is that Sony & Marvel bought out the rights to KingPin(since he is so New York that we will appreciate) and The Burglar & Flint muscle in on the promoter who owe Kingpin or something. Kingpin may force Flint to join an ensemble of Supervillains or something in a future installment.

I'm just saying, what other reason could Sam be delving back to the Burglar for if its not to ties Flint to someone. The Burglar is dead... there is no illusion.

Well Raimi does like his villains to have a personal connection to Peter Parker.As Sandman's back story in SM3 proves he'll even rewrite history to achieve that.:o

And why already make it a big deal such as "If I told you, I'd have to kill you?"

:hehe:
They always do this crap. It gets the internet all buzzed up and gets us talking. Just like Anthony Micheal Hall and his important secretive role in The Dark Knight. It could be something big or just a dud.

In my opinion, there's no (good) reason for him to come back.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

why can't sam leave well enough alone. For a supposed spider-man fan and not only that a silver age spider-man fan what he did with the uncle ben/sandman ret-con was beyond idiot, why, so spidey could have a reason to be mad at sandman. he could have come up with a million different reasons, heck, spidey had the black suit he didn't NEED a reason to be angry at sandman.

now it seems the original killer will be back to re-ret-con the ret-con...

marvelous :whatever:

LOL.. "Retcon the Retcon"... RtR... Great Post! :up:

Bruce's roles were different for all three movies. Papa John's Pizza had one role in movie one and three. That makes it different. Why would he get a different role NOW? It'll still be a stupid move just because we've(the audience) as seen him twice already as the burglar, and no one different. And why already make it a big deal such as "If I told you, I'd have to kill you?"

If his role is related to Chameleon or Mysterio, then we better know how the hell the villain knows about this guy, and if the villain knows about the burglar, then he must know that Peter is Spider-Man...and then that would make another villain know about Spidey's identity.

And a pointless flashback of the not-really-Uncle-Ben's-killer is not something that should be in the fourth film.

Spot on post. :up:

No matter how you play it, it is a mistake.

I like the scarecrow gas idea, except I dont see why Kraven cant use the gas instead of Mysterio. It would be a great hunting tool to catch spidey :spidey:

I like the scarecrow gas idea, except I dont see why Kraven cant use the gas instead of Mysterio. It would be a great hunting tool to catch spidey :spidey:

Eh, Kraven is a hunter. It wouldn't fit if he used the gas and it wouldn't make sense either.

Wow. That is an epic post about a minor character. For all you know he could be nearly unrecognizable in his role in 4. He could be playing the Carjacker's twin brother. He could indeed be the Carjacker risen from the dead. All of this griping about a minor bit of news when no one here has any idea of what the story is.

I'm really tired of

A.Flashbacks
b.The villain seeing Spidey unmask
c.MJ being kidnapped
d.Uncle Ben storyline being beaten to death

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"