• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man Michael Papajohn Returning for Spider-Man 4?

I would be, cause while I don't see a retcon of SM3, I do think they'll try and distance SM4 from it to an extent. Using Sandman again or even the SS now sends no new message from SM3. I don't see Sony going this route.

Maybe Sony is setting up for a SS film? If your theory of Mysterio is correct, and Lizard is in the movie, then maybe Spider-Man 5 would have Vulture/Electro. Then the SS comes together for the final movie. This of course if everyone returns for the next two films. The odds of this happening are pretty slim.

I think he did give a real clue, not just a glib one like they're from NY. He said the character was very NY. Not from NY. I think this means the clue has a somewhat deeper meaning.

I easily could be wrong. But, this is my working theory.

Again, it means nothing. All of Spidey's villains are based in New York. Which one of Spidey's villains would you describe as very New York? I'd say all of 'em. They all carry out their evil deeds in New York.

As for Sandman, I don't see him returning. What else is he going to do? Steal more money for his daughter? Been there, done that. The only way I see him returning is for the Sinister Six. And that ain't happening in SM-4.

Maybe Sony is setting up for a SS film? If your theory of Mysterio is correct, and Lizard is in the movie, then maybe Spider-Man 5 would have Vulture/Electro. Then the SS comes together for the final movie. This of course if everyone returns for the next two films. The odds of this happening are pretty slim.

This is something I thought of, but I don't see them bringing back Sandman this film even if they're setting it up. I would think perhaps an Ock cameo or something is possible (or as I've suggested before, mention of the Master Planner), but I don't see them bringing hom back yet. I would think he'd be one of the final recruits for it, since he'd have to be somewhat forced to.

Problem with the SS is, even if they're setting it up, if they're doing it, it would have to be SM5. Cause Tobey and co will be way too old by the time SM6 films. Even SM5, he'll likely look a tad old by that point. I don't want to see Tobey looking like Roger Moore in Octopussy or A View to a Kill fighting the SS :csad:

You can't just put Uncle Benn's death in the past. If you did that then you really dont have a Spider-Man film and why Peter does what he does.

being Spider-Man

Just like Batman. Well Bruce's parents were mention in TDK but there were some elements of why Bruce does what he does.

That is kind of dissapointing because Raimi would pull off a good sinister six.

You can't just put Uncle Benn's death in the past. If you did that then you really dont have a Spider-Man film and why Peter does what he does.

being Spider-Man

Of course you can. By all means have him and Aunt May mention Ben fondly, but we don't have to keeping reliving his death.

For example, in Spider-Man 2, one of my favourite scenes was when May tries to give Peter $20 for his birthday, and then breaks down crying because she misses Ben. One of the best Aunt May scenes in the series.

Just like Batman. Well Bruce's parents were mention in TDK but there were some elements of why Bruce does what he does.

Exactly.

Spidey can be the same.

Is this guy's last name really Papajohn , that's unfortunate.

Again, it means nothing. All of Spidey's villains are based in New York. Which one of Spidey's villains would you describe as very New York? I'd say all of 'em. They all carry out their evil deeds in New York.

As for Sandman, I don't see him returning. What else is he going to do? Steal more money for his daughter? Been there, done that. The only way I see him returning is for the Sinister Six. And that ain't happening in SM-4.

Well when I read he is very NY centric I took as, despite most of Spider-Mans villains being from NY, he is talking about a certain trait that the city offers, to one of the villains, that NY is most common for. I assume Electro as he is a business man.

Well when I read he is very NY centric I took as, despite most of Spider-Mans villains being from NY, he is talking about a certain trait that the city offers, to one of the villains, that NY is most common for. I assume Electro as he is a business man.

Electro was an electrician. Norman Osborn was a business man.

I thought he was millionaire. Ah ok then thanks for the correction.

The original Uncle Ben killer could be Silvermane's son and before the crime boss couldn't do anything to seek his revenge,because he was too weak dying of cancer.Until he is given a new body,a cyborg body.

Now he is deadlier than he was when he was in his prime,The villain who controls all crime in New York city.

I hope this either false or the idea is scrapped like BC, GG2 and Lizard (all at once) being in SM2 was scrapped and, regrettably, Vulture was scrapped in SM3.

Even more flashbacks of Uncle Ben's murder would be overkill and redundant as they ran that theme into the ground in SM3. I want us to move away from adolescent angst and into mature, hardened adulthood in this (hopefully final) film. I know it is just my opinion, but what is there left to mine from the Uncle Ben murder subplot. We had its classical usage in SM1, is haunting memory over Peter and Aunt May's relationship in MS2, as well as Peter's guilt for quitting being Spidey and the whole "who really killed Uncle Ben" crap and bad dreams/sore memories reopened in SM3.

I thought at the very least we established Peter is over it, to the point where he won't let it be a hollow weight around his neck. Move past this theme, please!~

I wouldn't mind seeing him back if they retconned that nonsense from S3. Hell , S3 kinda discounted the 1st film , why not discount the lame choice to make Sandman Ben's killer? That's the way I see it anyway.

Of course you can. By all means have him and Aunt May mention Ben fondly, but we don't have to keeping reliving his death.

For example, in Spider-Man 2, one of my favourite scenes was when May tries to give Peter $20 for his birthday, and then breaks down crying because she misses Ben. One of the best Aunt May scenes in the series.

Exactly.

Spidey can be the same.

I guess I should have been more clearer, either if it not another flashback you have to have some kind of element about Uncle Ben's death and why it refelects of Peter's choices.

you have to have some kind of element about Uncle Ben's death and why it refelects of Peter's choices.

We already know what that is: With great power comes great responsibility.

I thought he was millionaire. Ah ok then thanks for the correction.

That's purely a creation of James Cameron's scriptment, He changed the character's name from Max Dillion (comics) to Strand. He's never referred to as Electro, nor does he wear any costume.

That sounds interesting, to say the least. However, I don't think they'll retcon SM-3, they'll either make an additional flashback detailing who the mugger answers to or something.

i'd be alright just fine with him being in the movie just as long as it didnt' have anything to do with uncle ben dieing. i dont' know why they couldn't just cast another character that has nothing to do with that incident and stop making peter relive that event (had to tell aunt may about it in 2) and get past it. i'm all open for the idea of the character returning, altho i wonder why exactly thei decision has been made

Raimi did say something about being a big part of the city.. i would guess Mysterio is in Sm4. Secondary Villain is Lizard, i dont think he would want to introduce unfamaliar characters such as Cameleon...

I seriously doubt they'll mess with the origin any further at this point.

Mr. Papajon is not going to score a major role in this one, If they need him for something they can't achieve with existing footage I'd say it's more than likely for a halucination or dream sequence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"