The Amazing Spider-Man Bruce Campbell: 'Spider-Man 4' News

I think it's possable that Bruce could have been the Chameleon all those times. Who knows for sure?

I think it's possable that Bruce could have been the Chameleon all those times. Who knows for sure?

It would've been very foolish and unprofessional of him to have had the same face all the time though.

It would've been very foolish and unprofessional of him to have had the same face all the time though.

No one in the movie noticed, maybe he kept the same face so that we would notice.

He's not the Chameleon. Nothing he has done in these movies indicates criminal activity .

Impossible. Raimi wasn't signed on for Spider-Man 4 and 5 untill this year. I think that Campbell was just in every movie for a cameo.

It was just an idea, lol it would have been pretty cool.

It was just an idea, lol it would have been pretty cool.

It's still possible to use Campbell as Chameleon if that's the direction they are going in. I just don't think that he was meant to be a villian in the first three movies.

Bruce is always teasing us with this very same song and game, guys. :p

Impossible. Raimi wasn't signed on for Spider-Man 4 and 5 untill this year. I think that Campbell was just in every movie for a cameo.

Nobody is signed on for 5 at all. They've only hired James Vanderbilt to write the script for 5 and 6.

Huh? Chameleon? But Bruce looked the same in each movie... that doesn't really make ANY sense.

Mysterio? If they do make bruce into quentin beck, his character would be appearing for the first time... The ring announcer, the usher and the waiter were never intended to be the same person. It's common for sloppy directors to let all their friends/loved ones make appearances.

More screen time for Bruce Campbell? No complaints here!

EXCLUSIVE: Sam Raimi Confirms Bruce Campbell Will Have 'Meaty Role' In 'Spider-Man 4'
As soon as I asked Raimi this question, he burst into laughter, as you can hear if you click on the video in this post. "I promised him we would write something because I really love putting him in the pictures," he then said. "I promised him a good, meaty role."
So there's your confirmation that Campbell will indeed have a significant part in "Spider-Man 4." But might that mean he'll play a villain—possibly Mysterio—as some web speculation has suggested? As of now, nothing is set in stone.
Of what role the actor will eventually play, Raimi admitted, "I don't even know what it is yet."

Spider-Man 1 - He names Spidey.
Spider-Man 2 - He keeps Peter away from seeing MJ's play.
Spider-Man 3 - He "supposedly" wants to help out Peter by proposing to MJ.

IF, and IF Bruce is indeed playing Chameleon, then it would kinda make sense...I mean, the Spider-Man series have had much worse plots then this, but when Bruce was in the first film, he most likely got to see the real names of the fighters...and with him naming him 'Spider-Man' and Spidey quickly becoming a hero, then he(Bruce) would know who Peter is, and who his main love is, MJ, thus keeping him away from MJ's play, just to mess with his head, and then "helping" Peter out, because Peter is in love with her...and if Chameleon is in movie 4 and Bruce is indeed the villain, then Chameleon could have a very "meaty" role in the film, knowing who Spidey is already, knowing that Peter is still dating MJ, and knowing about MJ now.

Just speculation.

As I said in another thread....

The reporter also forgot to say that Raimi has no idea what role it could be yet. So hes not a villain that's for sure, (Thank you Jeebus)

Spider-Man 1 - He names Spidey.
Spider-Man 2 - He keeps Peter away from seeing MJ's play.
Spider-Man 3 - He "supposedly" wants to help out Peter by proposing to MJ.

IF, and IF Bruce is indeed playing Chameleon, then it would kinda make sense...I mean, the Spider-Man series have had much worse plots then this, but when Bruce was in the first film, he most likely got to see the real names of the fighters...and with him naming him 'Spider-Man' and Spidey quickly becoming a hero, then he(Bruce) would know who Peter is,

There's quite a gap of time between the wrestling fight and Spider-man making his debut.
I'm sure they don't hold onto those enrolement sheets for any length of time.
(edit: and he seems oblivious to who each fighter is until they are standing right next to him, 'What's your name kid?', surely they would have the fighter's stage name written next to his real one, and if he was to read up on names the only one he would be concerned with would be the stage name to announce, and he doesn't even know that.)
If they stretched that one out it would be the worst plot of any superhero movie I've ever heard of, never mind Spider-man series alone.

and who his main love is, MJ, thus keeping him away from MJ's play, just to mess with his head, and then "helping" Peter out, because Peter is in love with her...and if Chameleon is in movie 4 and Bruce is indeed the villain, then Chameleon could have a very "meaty" role in the film, knowing who Spidey is already, knowing that Peter is still dating MJ, and knowing about MJ now.

Just speculation.

If indeed BC ever plays a villan or other roles in SM films, I hope they have the good sense to 'maintain the illusion' that he's been playing entirely different human beings in each of the 3 films so far.

Last edited:
Awesme to know Sam confirmed Bruce's role! I wonder what it could be? I mean, I think as of now, hi mbeing a villian is out of the question.

If they stretched that one out it would be the worst plot of any superhero movie I've ever heard of, never mind Spider-man series alone.

A bigger stretch than Flint Marko's storyline? Or the smybiote attaching itself to Peter without an explanation? Or the change of the career of Dr. Connors that wasn't needed? Lol.

If indeed BC ever plays a villan or other roles in SM films, I hope they have the good sense to 'maintain the illusion' that he's been playing entirely different human beings in each of the 3 films so far.

So would you prefer him to be Mysterio instead? Just of the "illusion" aspect?

A bigger stretch than Flint Marko's storyline? Or the smybiote attaching itself to Peter without an explanation? Or the change of the career of Dr. Connors that wasn't needed? Lol.
lol of course not, the thing is we don't need anymore big stretches like those.

So would you prefer him to be Mysterio instead? Just of the "illusion" aspect?
Nope, don't want him as Mysterio either. :oldrazz: If anything, a small supporting role.

I honestly think Raimi should've given Bruce a villain role in the first place. His voice just screams "Mysterio" to me for some reason. Maybe because he sounds like the way Mysterio sounded back in the 2000 Spider-Man game for PS and N64.

I honestly think Raimi should've given Bruce a villain role in the first place. His voice just screams "Mysterio" to me for some reason. Maybe because he sounds like the way Mysterio sounded back in the 2000 Spider-Man game for PS and N64.

do not want

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hames
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"