• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man Michael Papajohn Returning for Spider-Man 4?

How do you know? I don't know why you're making this into a big deal. I mean, honestly, it'll probably be just a flashback.

The last flashback we had led to Sandman being Uncle Ben's Killer........which needless to say was a big mistake right there

I'm wondering what is making Papajohn so sure he has a role.

Does Raimi even have the script yet?

If he is indeed dead and it's just a flashback, I imagine it'll be Pete going through some kind of guilt or conflicted feelings about the situation. He could just be part of a nightmare type thing where you see a few people who shaped who Spider-man is.

That's what I was thinking as well, Peter now knows that it was Flint who killed his uncle so he'll probably be feeling the guilt of letting the other guy die.

People are overracting on this. It's probably just a flashback.

Another thing that it could be is Chameleon. Would be pretty interesting if that were the case.

The whole thing with Spider-man 3 was that everything was about forgiving at the end.
Harry , Peter , and Flint all needed to be forgiven . I don't see how this character has a
purpose to come back into Peter's life without it being tied to the new villian.

He could be playing the Carjacker's twin brother.

Hahaha, how is that any better?

How do you know? I don't know why you're making this into a big deal. I mean, honestly, it'll probably be just a flashback.

Spider-Man 4 needs to ante up the action and story from the cluster**** of Spider-Man 3. No need for pointless flashbacks.

Another thing that it could be is Chameleon. Would be pretty interesting if that were the case.

Then Chameleon would have to know Spider-Man's identity. And that would be like the fifth villain to know it.

Remember the arc leading up to ASM 200? Where Mysterio had that grand plan that involved the killer of Unlce Ben?

I am officially convinced Mysterio is the villain. Sam said it would be someone very NY. New York is perceived as the grand stage, and Mysterio is the ultimate in theatrical. Which fits with NY's grand image. Plus, he has history with Unlce Ben's killer in the ASM books.

I am putting my vote in as Mysterio being the villain!

So...he has history with Flint Marko?

I mean, you said Mysterio has history to Uncle Ben's killer...

:facepalm

But he does...Sinister Six :o

My money is on Mysterio. Start a thread taking bets on who the villain(s) of SM4 will be, and I'm going with Mysterio as the lead, with the Lizard potentially in the mix.

I'm going to say Papajohn is playing Mysterio. Now, unless I'm wrong, didn't his character in Spider-Man on Ch.5 in the 90's become Mysterio??

Vastly underrated villain with massive cinematic potential. If he is the villain they use, and I think the NY villain clue is one that puts Mysterio on the short list of applying to, then I will be way more jazzed for this film than I ever was SM3. Mysterio was always one of my all time favorite villains :up:

So Flint Marko becomes evil again?

Hah.

It happened in the comics. Sandman went straight and gave up crime. He was living in this boarding house with a nice family. Doc Ock found him, and blackmailed him into rejoining the Six or he'd have the family killed.

Marko's wife and daughter could be threatened in the same fashion.

The overreaction here is hilarious.

Remember the arc leading up to ASM 200? Where Mysterio had that grand plan that involved the killer of Unlce Ben?

I am officially convinced Mysterio is the villain. Sam said it would be someone very NY. New York is perceived as the grand stage, and Mysterio is the ultimate in theatrical. Which fits with NY's grand image. Plus, he has history with Unlce Ben's killer in the ASM books.

I am putting my vote in as Mysterio being the villain!
That's very true! I remember issue #200 (great issue), and I have to say, that would be a fun plot for a movie. Well, that particular part, anyway. :up:

Everyone has kind of written off Sandman but I think we should expect him to appear again.

I wasn't even talking about Marko :huh:

Read the issues leading up to ASM 200, and then let's have this discussion again. Since I obviously wasn't talking about Marko, we all know it, and I refuse to acknowledge this conversation about him :o

In the future if they do the SS, he may comeback. Until then, I don't see him in a villain role.

That's very true! I remember issue #200 (great issue), and I have to say, that would be a fun plot for a movie. Well, that particular part, anyway. :up:

ASM #200 is indeed a great issue. The issues prior are not as good, but I think this news and the NY clue allign with my theory on it being Mysterio. I think Mysterio can deliver a lot as a villain in a Spider-Man film, so if I'm right...I'm hyped!

The NY clue means nothing. All Spidey's major villains, apart from Kraven, are from New York. That could mean anyone.

Everyone has kind of written off Sandman but I think we should expect him to appear again.

With his lack of screen time, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure if I would like it, though.

The NY clue means nothing. All Spidey's major villains, apart from Kraven, are from New York. That could mean anyone.

I think he did give a real clue, not just a glib one like they're from NY. He said the character was very NY. Not from NY. I think this means the clue has a somewhat deeper meaning.

I easily could be wrong. But, this is my working theory.

With his lack of screen time, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure if I would like it, though.

I would be, cause while I don't see a retcon of SM3, I do think they'll try and distance SM4 from it to an extent. Using Sandman again or even the SS now sends no new message from SM3. I don't see Sony going this route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"