The Amazing Spider-Man Toddler Boy Being Cast for Spider-Man 4?

if the child is pete's then I am officially ambivalent about SM4 and the superhero movie I am most looking forward to is thor.

My friend came up with interesting idea... maybe it's Vulture-toddler?

I don't think they would bother about the hair color if he was just an extra... The fact that they specifically asked for identical twins with a specific hair color gives us this info:

Two twins: He has some considerable amount of screentime. He isn't just an extra in the back.
Red hair: He is an actual known character with a role if he is to have such a specific requested trait.

It wouldn't make sense for him to be a Carnage flashback either in the extremly unlikely possibility that they're considering him for the next movie. Think about it, how many people remember actual events and specific happenings from their two year old period? You're lucky if you can remember a just place or a person's face.

Last edited:
I don't think they would bother about the hair color if he was just an extra... The fact that they specifically asked for identical twins with a specific hair color gives us this info:

Two twins: He has some considerable ammount of screentime. He isn't just an extra in the back.
Red hair: He is an actual character with a role if he is to have such a specific requested trait.

Twins: Right. Kids have very limited time they can be on set, so twins/triplets are used, most folks are aware of that.
Red Hair: Again, right. If the child was just gonna play an extra, they would just ask for a kid with some sort of catchy personality trait, not something physically specific like red hair.

Not saying it is a good idea, but could the character be an amalgam of Kassidy and Connors? Keep in mind Dr. Connors still has a piece of the symbiot. Could he somehow attempt to treat the child for some illness/injury using the symbiot, and we somehow get Carnage that way?
Not very likely or desireable, I just wanted to throw it out there.
IMO, I think it is Kassidy, just in a flashback to his childhood.

For MikeFrost, who editied after I quoted him...
Showing the movie goer the flashback is not the same as saying the character is remembering the events. It's simply exposition material to help the person viewing the movie catch up; like the first page of most comic books.

Last edited:
Red Hair... hmmm, who has Red Hair... oh yeah, MJ.... so, to me it's gotta be either MJ's new baby brother... or possibly a cousin, or other relative....

Showing the movie goer the flashback is not the same as saying the character is remembering the events. It's simply exposition material to help the person viewing the movie catch up; like the first page of most comic books.

Yea, I'm aware of that but that was not my point. My point is: How can you justify someone being the way they are with an event that took place in a period that they aren't able to remember at all?

Trauma occurs on a later age, not so early. We aren't able to remember most stuff from our 2 year period.

So showing a flashback of a Kassidy doesn't make sense for me unless it's from a period that he can clearly remember and draw hate from.

Red Hair... hmmm, who has Red Hair... oh yeah, MJ.... so, to me it's gotta be either MJ's new baby brother... or possibly a cousin, or other relative....

Probably... I am thinking MJ is looking after the kid and maybe she goes off for acting and Parker ends up having to look after him. Prep him for fatherhood or whatever. Its a lame ass plot device IMO, if it's supposed to be the new responsibility lesson for Parker.

My friend came up with interesting idea... maybe it's Vulture-toddler?
that what I was going to say...
(idk about in the comics, but, young Toomes, did have red hair, in TAS)

I wasn’t going to suggest it as a serious idea, but, just to add the random speculation, in the same lines as baby-Carnage, or MJ's bastard child...

though, it could make sense, if say they were doing the youth draining storyline, an at some point in the movie, it backfires on him and turns him in into a child (not that I think it a good idea either, but, it still beats lil-Carny, or spider-kid, in my book)

Probably... I am thinking MJ is looking after the kid and maybe she goes off for acting and Parker ends up having to look after him. Prep him for fatherhood or whatever. Its a lame ass plot device IMO, if it's supposed to be the new responsibility lesson for Parker.

The Villian will end up looking for MJ saying "I need to hold her hostage, like every other villian", then when MJ isn't there, he goes "meh, kid will do"

that what I was going to say...
(idk about in the comics, but, young Toomes, did have red hair, in TAS)

I wasn’t going to suggest it as a serious idea, but, just to add the random speculation, in the same lines as baby-Carnage, or MJ's bastard child...

though, it could make sense, if say they were doing the youth draining storyline, an at some point in the movie, it backfires on him and turns him in into a child (not that I think it a good idea either, but, it still beats lil-Carny, or spider-kid, in my book)

But it does make sense after reading Raimi's attitude to the growth of the characters:

"What we're trying to do right now is really understand the journey Peter is going to go on this time and have the villain maybe be a counter to that growth, something that he has to overcome," Raimi said. "Or maybe he has to grow in a way to overcome the villain, because there always seem to be stories of coming of age, of a young man growing up and learning things about life, so once we are identifying the exact movement that Peter has to grow to, I think the villain—and we're trying this right now; we're trying to choose a villain based on who would be the proper counter to that growth, so we really have dramatic conflict."

Source

I seriously think he hints at Vulture. If so, now I realize why they needed 3 highly qualified screenwriters to bring Vulture's complicated story to life.

Last edited:
Yea, I'm aware of that but that was not my point. My point is: How can you justify someone being the way they are with an event that took place in a period that they aren't able to remember at all?

Trauma occurs on a later age, not so early. We aren't able to remember most stuff from our 2 year period.

So showing a flashback of a Kassidy doesn't make sense for me unless it's from a period that he can clearly remember and draw hate from.

What are you talking about?
Who said the flashback has anything to do with trauma? Why could it not be simple exposition? As a matter of fact, to go with your idea, he could be shown to be a normal, healthy 2 year old, THEN the trauma starts at some later point.

But it does make sense after reading Raimi's attitude to the growth of the characters:

"What we're trying to do right now is really understand the journey Peter is going to go on this time and have the villain maybe be a counter to that growth, something that he has to overcome," Raimi said. "Or maybe he has to grow in a way to overcome the villain, because there always seem to be stories of coming of age, of a young man growing up and learning things about life, so once we are identifying the exact movement that Peter has to grow to, I think the villain—and we're trying this right now; we're trying to choose a villain based on who would be the proper counter to that growth, so we really have dramatic conflict."

Source

I seriously think he hints at Vulture. If so, now I realize why they needed 3 highly qualified screenwriters to bring Vulture's complicated story to life.

But does Vulture show a counter to personal growth? The Vulture is supposed to be pretty old, isn't he? If we want to counter personal growth and maturity, should not the villian then be someone ruled by emotion? Someone who cannot control their base instincts? Someone very child-like in that respect, or mentally unstable?
Could Kassidy somehow lose his child (the redheaded toddler), and become Carnage as a result of the emotional turmoil?

But does Vulture show a counter to personal growth? The Vulture is supposed to be pretty old, isn't he? If we want to counter personal growth and maturity, should not the villian then be someone ruled by emotion? Someone who cannot control their base instincts? Someone very child-like in that respect, or mentally unstable?

Spider-Fan83 answered your question:

though, it could make sense, if say they were doing the youth draining storyline, an at some point in the movie, it backfires on him and turns him in into a child

What are you talking about?
Who said the flashback has anything to do with trauma? Why could it not be simple exposition? As a matter of fact, to go with your idea, he could be shown to be a normal, healthy 2 year old, THEN the trauma starts at some later point.

Fair enough, I supose. It's possible.

Thing is, there's not really a point in making exposition for the sake of it. You don't really need to show him being healthy so that you can later show him witness some traumatic experience. You'd just need to show the actual trauma to make your point in the movie.

And don't forget that this is about a character who has really almost no chance of being in the movie. It's highly probable that the baby will serve other needs rather than trying to mess with Kletus' childhood.

Could Kassidy somehow lose his child (the redheaded toddler), and become Carnage as a result of the emotional turmoil?

Sounds more like Electro to me :yay:

it wouldn't so much as being a counter to growth, more of a increase in growth, as in physical aging, growth
in the suggested storyline of the youth draining as I mentioned, it would be rapid physical growth...

I believe what he was getting at there, was the abundant use of the word “growth“, fitting into that theme

an of course, once young again the Vulture would probably revert into being ruled his emotions, and unable to control his base instincts,...

Billy's a good bet, please no Cassidy...

it could also be a pete/mj kid from a "what if i wasn't spider-man" dream sequence

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"