Mission: Impossible - Fallout - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
''I'm jumping out a window!''

The shot of those people after :lmao:

This had like twice as much 'stache as the first trailer, so I am satisfied. :D

yziVsMK.jpg

One thing I liked in this trailer was that they appear to be persisting with the narrative that Julia is Ethan's one true love, which means they're most likely keeping the Ethan/Ilsa dynamic platonic, as it should remain, imo.

Looks great. Can't wait to see Cavill and Cruise go toe-to-toe!

I prefer Ilsa and Ethan being on again off again lovers that sometimes end up at odds on different sides of a problem. It's more interesting than Ethan having a safe marriage to a normal person like Julia.

Ethan isn't James Bond, and the one time that they tried to make him more like Bond, it didn't work. Him having a marriage to a "normal woman" totally fits his character imo.

Ethan isn't James Bond, and the one time that they tried to make him more like Bond, it didn't work. Him having a marriage to a "normal woman" totally fits his character imo.

When has James Bond and a woman ever been on again off again lovers that sometimes end up at odds on different sides of a problem? Certainly not in the films.

A character like Ethan shouldnt be in a normal marriage to a normal woman unless they are ending Cruise's portrayal of the character.

I appreciate that some previous elements from the other films still permeate through the M:I films, something that normally doesn't happen in other spy franchises, specially Bond.
Glad to see Michelle Monaghan back, III is very underrated and probably the only film where we got to see a more personal side of Ethan. So, good they're bringing that a bit.

When has James Bond and a woman ever been on again off again lovers that sometimes end up at odds on different sides of a problem? Certainly not in the films.

A character like Ethan shouldnt be in a normal marriage to a normal woman unless they are ending Cruise's portrayal of the character.

I disagree. Him and Ilsa being romantically involved would be THE most cliché and predictable route that they could go in, and it's not needed.

This, is more interesting imo. Also Ethan's marriage certainly isn't "normal" as it is.

Him and Ilsa being romantically involved would be THE most cliché and predictable route that they could go in, and it's not needed.

Absolutely agree. There are a million properties out there with this relationship angle.

Even though McQuarrie didn't direct Ghost Protocol he did some writing on it and I believe he was the one who wrote that scene at the end with Julia. He wanted her alive.

As much as I loved Infinity War, it’s nice to have some really good, old fashioned, big budget, Hollywood action filmmaking every once in a while, and this looks to really scratch that itch.

I read the skydiving stunt was stitched together from multiple actual takes, and that looks insane.

Man, you are like this with almost every movie that is a huge blockbuster.

You seem like a pretty articulate person. I’m all expressing your honest opinions and not having to be positive about everything all of the time, but if you comment on stuff you know you don’t or won’t like or disinterests you, why even comment on it at all? That seems pretty pointless and kind of a waste of time and energy, especially when it doesn’t really add to the conversation.

There are quite the number of things I don’t like, but I try to not bother with them. Life’s too short for that kind of thing.

What I liked about this trailer is showed it us a bit more but it was a bit more of a lot of the same scenes.

So we have seen just a little more of the same timeframe in the movie that we saw last time.

Looks intense I can't wait. Love that we don't really know all that much about the plot.

Apprehension about jumping out of a window seems mundane compared to the past stuff Hunt's been through.

Looks like he

-Survives a high speed crash into the side of a car and rolls away

-Two near fatal crashes in a chopper(Truck and remains of a rolling chopper)

Plus a dozen more things that should have killed him.

Looks very exciting though

I liked the trailer. Definitely going to see the film.

Don't tell me they just gave away how Cavill dies in the trailer.

Great trailer. I love this franchise. Never go away Cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"