Mission: Impossible - Fallout - Part 2

Man even after it was mentioned, I still don't get The Dark Knight thing at all.
It felt like that, dunno why. Obviously the soundtrack played :grin: a big part in that (and they even named the intro tracks exactly the same :D), then here are some minor details that are basically direct copies of things from TDK.

purposefully blocked road to divert the convoy
giphy.gif

a military truck pushned into a river
giphy.gif

Cavill at the end
tumblr_lxo0fepfC21r66bado1_500.gif

We need to stop comparing things to The Dark Knight for at least a year.

Nolan did something that influenced a lot of stuff, at a conscious level or not.

How is what happened to Cavil anyway related to Two-Face? They only similarity they have is that the face was disfigured. Not something The Dark Knight invented. Hell they don’t even happen in remotely the same way or have the same impact on their respective characters.

As someone who isn't even all that rabid-salivating over TDK as some kind of masterpiece, and finds the constant using of it as a blueprint by fanboys a little annoying, I'd still say the Fallout sequence is one of the times it's a legitimate comparison.

Score, photography, general mood, the actual staging of the action piece, it's pretty uncanny.

Domestic: $216,801,140 28.3%
+ Foreign: $548,493,863 71.7%
= Worldwide: $765,295,003

Boxoffice results look healthier.

I’m really surprised this hasn’t gotten closer to a billion. I guess it’s too adult for the kids. When is the home release?

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $219,754,005 27.8%
+ Foreign: $570,542,233 72.2%
= Worldwide: $790,296,238

I didnt think it would get to $800 mil but its getting there. Its gonna be close.

Amazing run. Almost $100 mil more than Ghost Protocol or Rogue Nation.

Last edited:
Yeah, a billion seems a little much for an MI movie. 800 seems pretty good.

Never expected a billion. This franchise has settled in to a particular range. Domestically, it has sold about as many tickets as Rogue Nation once you adjust Rogue Nation for inflation.

I’m really surprised this hasn’t gotten closer to a billion. I guess it’s too adult for the kids. When is the home release?
Tom Cruise announced on his twitter today that MI: Fallout will be on available on Digital HD on November 4 and available on DVD and Blu ray on December 20.
he also thanked the fans for their support of the film.

Naturally, he decided to do both. Because that’s the thing about Tom Cruise: He may believe that Xenu is real, and that “Battlefield Earth” was a historical epic, but the one thing he doesn’t believe in is compromise. And so, in hindsight, perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised that his magnificent (and utterly inimitable) performance in “Fallout” is nothing less than a do-or-die attempt to fuse together his two disparate modes. He breaks down a character he’s played for 22 years and rebuilds him over the course of an epic summer blockbuster that’s explicitly about one man’s struggle to choose between saving his friends and saving the world. The resulting film immortalizes Cruise as one of the greatest action stars of this (or any) era, while also cementing his genius for emotional expression

It's a great movie and a lot of fun, and I respect Cruise's willingness to do things at his age most actors will never do. Not sure it deserves to garner Best Actor.

At best a Golden Globe nomination.

He will get an honorary Oscar down the line.

On digital tomorrow. Will be nice to watch over the long weekend.

On DVD Dec 4.

Check out the full break down of the home video bonus features below, including a commentary from McQuarrie and Cruise, another commentary from McQuarrie and editor Eddie Hamilton (who does some extraordinary work in Fallout’s action scenes), and a commentary from composer Lorne Balfe. Who needs film school?

BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD COMBO, BLU-RAY COMBO & DIGITAL*

• Behind the Fallout
    • Light the Fuse
    • Top of the World
    • The Big Swing: Deleted Scene Breakdown
    • Rendezvous in Paris
    • The Fall
    • The Hunt is On
    • Cliffside Clash
  • Deleted Scenes Montage with Optional Commentary by director Christopher McQuarrie and editor Eddie Hamilton
  • Foot Chase Musical Breakdown
  • The Ultimate Mission
  • Storyboards
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Commentary by director Christopher McQuarrie and Tom Cruise
  • Commentary by director Christopher McQuarrie and editor Eddie Hamilton
  • Commentary by composer Lorne Balfe
  • Isolated Score Track
The MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE—FALLOUT DVD includes the feature film in standard definition.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Tom's ****ing incredible.
Yeah, that's bloody awesome and impressive. I wonder if he was that crazy brave in his younger, like, Top Gun days. Or if he learned to do and enjoy dangerous stuff like this over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"