Mixed Martial Arts

Sincere

Civilian
Reaction score
Do you guys think MMA will ever reach the level of the big 3 sports? IMO there are several things holding it back from the mainstream.

1. Boxing and Wrestling are draining a major part of it's audience. Alot of people think that MMA is just thugs beating on each other, and that boxing is a "classier sport". Many parents also view MMA as being too violent and would rather their children watch wrestling.

2. MMA can not compete financially with any of the big 3. Wrestlers who might have gone into MMA are being lured towards the NFL. Dont get me wrong, I admire these guys for caring about more the sport than cash, but they are missing out on alot of good athletes.

3. Much like nascar there is a perception among many people that MMA is full of racist hicks. This scares away both potential athletes and investors.

I hope MMA can over come all of these and is given it's proper respect. With several hollywood films in the pipeline including one by david mamet maybe it will get some positive exposure.

Never. Not even close. Nascar is huge in America, it won't even get close to that level, much less the NBA, MLB or NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"