Modern Warfare 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
good find and I for one am glad that they will go back to modern times. Cant stand the WWII stuff

yeah i've missed my M16 and 50 Cal.

I'm definately looking forward to this, but I'm really hoping they give the series a more methodical gameplay style again. That mindless run and gun **** in Call of Duty 4 gets old fast.

I'm glad that Infinity Ward is making another Modern Warfare instead of a futuristic Call of Duty. Call of Duty in the future would just feel so out of place with the realism that Call of Duty games have.

I'm glad that Infinity Ward is making another Modern Warfare instead of a futuristic Call of Duty. Call of Duty in the future would just feel so out of place with the realism that Call of Duty games have.

i just don't know how they'll set the conflict up i mean who is going to be on which side its very mysterious lol

As much as I love COD 2 I just don't want to get another game from that era. COD 3 was ok and I truly have little to no interest in World At War. It was great to have COD 4 give you that (no pun intended) Modern Warfare feel to it. I'm glad they'll stick to this an make maybe a few changes w/e they feel is needed because they clearly know whats best for these games

As much as I love COD 2 I just don't want to get another game from that era. COD 3 was ok and I truly have little to no interest in World At War. It was great to have COD 4 give you that (no pun intended) Modern Warfare feel to it. I'm glad they'll stick to this an make maybe a few changes w/e they feel is needed because they clearly know whats best for these games
one this i wish they added to COD4 is a cover system like Rainbow Six Vegas 2 had i thought that really helped a lot..

It's pretty crazy to me that WWII shooters are still being made. I think we need to move on permanently.

It's pretty crazy to me that WWII shooters are still being made. I think we need to move on permanently.
Definitely, I loved COD2 and that game really got me into wanting to know more about WWII. I found out a lot of crazy stuff about my Grandfather being MIA somewhere in Europe and that my mom didn't get an update for about 6 months I believe. Dont get me wrong I still love those game an will enjoy going back playing them later on but its time to keep this franshise in the present

No, theres still stories to tell, there always will be and we should never completely move away from it. If you dont like them, dont buy them, its really quite simple.

Im just glad that a real CoD is coming out again, i mean i knew there would be, its just nice to hear it officially. IW kicks ass!

I don't buy them. Is that really the industries goal, to tell every possible story they can find about WWII?

Last edited:
I don't buy them. Is that really the industries goal, to tell every possible story they can find about WWII?

It doesnt matter. The era lends itself perfectly to video games and should continue to be used as long as there is something the player can take from it. We could actually do with more WWII games that are of the same quality as say a Call of Duty 1 and 2 or Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30.

I hope they make this one more challenging.

We just need to move on from D-Day centric WWII games. There were more fronts than the one in Western Europe.

Last edited:
one this i wish they added to COD4 is a cover system like Rainbow Six Vegas 2 had i thought that really helped a lot..

Yeah, I really hope they add a cover system, although, I'd rather something closer to Gears' cover system rather the Rainbow's. Really just the ability to roll out from a cover or move from cover to cover.

You know what id love to see? A FULL first person cover. Like instead of switching to the third person perspective when you hit cover, keep it in that first person view. I mean youre running towards a wall, you hit a button and you slam yourself into the cover, then you use one of the sticks to peek out around the corner and a shot comes just inches from your head, all of this while still in the 1st person. Im sure it would be tricky to pull off, but im sure a team like IW could do it.

I'm definately looking forward to this, but I'm really hoping they give the series a more methodical gameplay style again. That mindless run and gun **** in Call of Duty 4 gets old fast.

no, it's fun.

You know what id love to see? A FULL first person cover. Like instead of switching to the third person perspective when you hit cover, keep it in that first person view. I mean youre running towards a wall, you hit a button and you slam yourself into the cover, then you use one of the sticks to peek out around the corner and a shot comes just inches from your head, all of this while still in the 1st person. Im sure it would be tricky to pull off, but im sure a team like IW could do it.
i think in Time Crisis they do that, i might be mistaken though..

i think in Time Crisis they do that, i might be mistaken though..

Yea i think ur right, id just want more to it. I mean really make us feel like were the ones taking cover. Id just like IW to go slightly more personal. Like when you go prone and crawl forward, let us see our arms pulling us along the ground or when you go to vault over cover, show us what wed actually see if we were the ones doing it.

Yea i think ur right, id just want more to it. I mean really make us feel like were the ones taking cover. Id just like IW to go slightly more personal. Like when you go prone and crawl forward, let us see our arms pulling us along the ground or when you go to vault over cover, show us what wed actually see if we were the ones doing it.
yeah i get what your saying, that would be a pretty good update to the series and hopefully they keep the co-op campaign and you can get the achievements for veteran when your in co-op..

Oh this is good it would have felt weird if it was in the future. Well i am definitely getting this the day it comes out So when do we expect a teaser?

probably the same time we got the teaser for CoD 5 which was like early summer/late spring, or we could possibly get something at the Spike Video Game Awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"