Moments in the movie that made you go "WTF?!?"

Discussion in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' started by Rock Sexton, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Minus Shock Captain Simple Jack

Yeah but the Transformers are robots that LOOK like cars. They never need gas, or oil changed, really by this logic they dont need any of that stuff. I'm just being nit picky right now. I have always wondered how transformers dont look like **** when they are in car mode. You know how the actual transforming toys you can see where the arms come out and stuff.. how can they transform and make it look like a real car? I get it though, suspension of disbelief. Ultimately though the Transformers dont use anti-freeze, oil, gas, or anything like that so what it just magically appears when they are in car mode?

Again I know that trying to apply logic to a Camaro transforming into a 30 foot robot is going full ******, but so is justifying why an alien 30 foot robot would have all sorts of earthly auto liquids.

2. Minus Shock Captain Simple Jack

Yeah if I lived in the movie I wouldn't give a **** who humped who because I wouldn't be paying attention to that. As a director/writer I choose what people have to pay attention to and out of everything they could have shown in the movie they show dogs humping, then dogs humping in the middle of what could have been a pretty intense scene, then wheelie humping in what could have been a good scene, why bother showing the throw away garbage? It's annoying that the director cares more about making pre-teen dick and fart jokes over using the new autobots that came to earth.

3. Rock Sexton Registered

I forgot to mention the whole Scorponok scene ........ it was so "WTF" is made me cringe. One of the single-most lazy elements of the movie.

4. Minus Shock Captain Simple Jack

Just came to me:

Wheelie is a robot, who was going to break into a safe to get the allspark shard out, Yet Megan Fox throws him in a piece of luggage and he cant get out? Dont these Transformers have guns and stuff? If he cant get out of that puny little box how was he ever going to break into a safe?

5. Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

He tells her he's just a salvage drone. So I'm guessing salvage drones don't get weapons.

6. Minus Shock Captain Simple Jack

Fair enough. How was he going to break into the safe though? And why couldn't he use that to break out of the box.

7. Ipodman Love Tension

He hacked the lock.. even I could do tat.... 0.0

8. Rock Sexton Registered

Nowhere in the movie is it mentioned a "salvage" drone doesn't have weapons. They're all transformers, they all have weapons and yet he doesn't? The frickin' toaster and vacuum certainly did. Why not Wheelie?

What's even worse about Wheelie is he just "shows up" out of nowhere. That's what I hate a lot about this movie. Just absolutely weak to non-existent introductions to the new characters.

9. Jake Cassidy Registered

At the beginning it's clearly stated that there are more Autobots and Decepticons on Earth.

10. Ipodman Love Tension

And there are the prequel comics neatly waiting for u to buy, so Mr Bay doesnt have to do all the story telling! >:-(

11. Minus Shock Captain Simple Jack

Yeah and you could also work your way out of that trunk box whatever she put him in too then. and as a poster before me said, if a vacuum cleaner, and a blender, and a toaster have magical guns that shoot and stab, then why would Wheelie be the only robot in the movie that had nothing. I mean even Isabel Lucas had her man-shaft and tongue stabbing thing.

I'm sorry but if a movie requires me to buy a book or something to enjoy it, or make sense of it, it's not a good movie.

Michael Bay is the director of this movie, it is his responsibility to do all the story telling when he films it. It should be his job to notice errors the writers make and fix them. It would be nice if he could at least do some story telling at least.

#311 Minus Shock, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  12. The Guard Registered

What do you all mean how was he going to break the lock? He was SAFECRACKING. Didn't you all hear the cliche criminal/mobster accent? :).

13. Minus Shock Captain Simple Jack

Even still. Point is... if locking alien robots in a box defeats them, let's just build really big boxes for Megatron, and Fallen and such.

14. Mr. Earle Registered

:facepalm he is a small robot that is mostly a spy and not a fighter. Look at Ratchet. He is a medic and if you look closely, he only has a weak machine gun.

15. Minus Shock Captain Simple Jack

Yeah but Isabel was only a Pretender and she still was able to choke sam with her weird tail/tongue thing. I just don't buy it is all.

16. The Guard Registered

I fail to see the logic that since tiny little Wheelie was contained in a box, that this would work on Megatron.

The Pretender was human sized "a VAST improvement over the original pretenders, who were giant animalistic creatures or people, and supposedly that was a disguise). The Pretender had an obviously weaponized tail thing. Wheelie had tiny little hands, what's he going to do, scrabble someone to death?

17. Minus Shock Captain Simple Jack

That's my point. It wouldn't work on Megatron, and it shouldn't have worked on Wheelie. At least change the box it was in, it looked like one of those 20 dollar trunks that you would get from Walmart. I mean the thing can transform but not break free of a box? It can pick a lock, but cant break out of a box?

18. The Guard Registered

It wouldn't have worked on Megatron because he has ridiculous strength. Why wouldn't it have worked on Wheelie? That's like saying that an ant should be able to break out of a tiny little box because it has proportional strength or something.

Wheelie can pick a lock from the outside, maybe. Not having seen the inside of said box, I can't comment on why he wouldn't have been able to break out once he was in there.

19. chaseter Esteemed Member

Yeah you get a :facepalm

20. Bunker Registered

When they run out of the museum in Washington D.C. and suddenly are in the Nevada desert...

21. Mr. Earle Registered

1) That college professor hitting so disgustingly on those college girls, who being in a Bay movie are both super hot and ****ty. WTF?

2) Prime saying "give me your face". WTF?

22. Minus Shock Captain Simple Jack

Tuscon plane bone yard. But similar enough

23. Minus Shock Captain Simple Jack

Prime is clearly a cannibal. He had his liver with some fava beans and a nice ciante.

24. dark_b Registered

you know whats the biggest WTF from me who enjoyed the action and robots in this movie ?

why give Bay 100% control. i understand that first movie made a lot of money. but giving him 100% control is a WTF

25. Minus Shock Captain Simple Jack

That truly is a mystery. I mean I know it is supposed to be a fun action flick. I really get that. I thought the first one was a great representation of that. Somehow he thought he had to do even more to make it ridiculous and succeeded in one way but failed in many others. I really think if Bay hadn't had 100% control then it wouldn't be getting all the negative feedback it is getting.