Revenge of the Fallen Moments in the movie that made you go "WTF?!?"

Yeah, you guys DO know that vehicles have all sorts of liquids, right?

Oil, wiper fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, antifreeze...

No matter how much dirt, dust, and desert sand Mikaela runs through, her pants stay white, her face stays clean, her hair stays shiny, and her constantly parted lips stay ruby red and glossy as though she's ready to step into a Maxim photo shoot at all times.

I wonder how the thought process was behind this idea.

"You know what would be fun?"

"What?"

"Two big metal testicles."

"Come again?"

"And since they are all construction vehicles, we'll use wrecking balls. It'll work perfectly."

"Uhm... none of the construction vehicles we use for the Transformer characters have any wrecking balls."

"I want my balls!"

"Alright, alright..."

The frightening thing is that in my mind I can totally see Michael Bay yelling "I want my balls!"

I wonder how the thought process was behind this idea.

"You know what would be fun?"

"What?"

"Two big metal testicles."

"Come again?"

"And since they are all construction vehicles, we'll use wrecking balls. It'll work perfectly."

"Uhm... none of the construction vehicles we use for the Transformer characters have any wrecking balls."

"I want my balls!"

"Alright, alright..."

There was an article of how they came up with the balls; can't remember if i saw it here or on another site, but it was the writers who came up with the idea, then pitched it to Bay............who loved it.

There was an article of how they came up with the balls; can't remember if i saw it here or on another site, but it was the writers who came up with the idea, then pitched it to Bay............who loved it.
Of course he did!

1. Why did the Fallen decide to build the sun harvester on earth? Of all the planets in our solar system, why pick the one planet that is filled with abundant life forms... and thus, variables? Just pick any of the other 8 vast, barren, and lifeless planets(or the earth's moon even) to build your harvester on, and no will bother you. WTF?

2. Why do the Primes allow the Fallen to completely finish the construction of the Sun harvester on earth AND THEN tell him that he is in the wrong by building it there? WTF?

3. If it takes a Prime to kill the Fallen, they why couldn't 6 of them do it? WTF?

4. And how many Primes does it take to hide a matrix anyway? Apparently all of them!?!? WTF?

5. Decepticon hatchlings? I mean, are you for real, Michael Bay?? WTF???

6. Why hide the key to a doomsday device within driving distance of said device? WTF?

7. When Starscream attacks Sam and entourage, on route to Optimus's body. Sam and Makaela get out and go on foot, but there are THREE cars! Instead of running, Sam and Makaela could've just driven the red car, BB can still be the decoy, and the 2 dudes can still drive the green car. Instead they needlessly make a run for it on foot and red car follows the green car around aimlessly. WTF?

1. Why did the Fallen decide to build the sun harvester on earth? Of all the planets in our solar system, why pick the one planet that is filled with abundant life forms... and thus, variables? Just pick any of the other 8 vast, barren, and lifeless planets(or the earth's moon even) to build your harvester on, and no will bother you. WTF?

2. Why do the Primes allow the Fallen to completely finish the construction of the Sun harvester on earth AND THEN tell him that he is in the wrong by building it there? WTF?

3. If it takes a Prime to kill the Fallen, they why couldn't 6 of them do it? WTF?

4. And how many Primes does it take to hide a matrix anyway? Apparently all of them!?!? WTF?

6. Why hide the key to a doomsday device within driving distance of said device? WTF?

7. When Starscream attacks Sam and entourage, on route to Optimus's body. Sam and Makaela get out and go on foot, but there are THREE cars! Instead of running, Sam and Makaela could've just driven the red car, BB can still be the decoy, and the 2 dudes can still drive the green car. Instead they needlessly make a run for it on foot and red car follows the green car around aimlessly. WTF?
1) Life on earth cant exist without the sun. But its true that they could have placed it anywhere.
2) It looked to me like they discovered the humans after installing the machine. So the primes said abort and the Fallen was all "Oh bad place noes! **** them. it took me hours to set up this thing. Do you know how many wires i had to connect?"
3) Because Michael Bay, thats why!
4) Same as above
5) Yeah, in the sequel Megatron will use people as carriers for their hatchings. They would then burst out of the human's chest and grow bigger. Now where have i heard that before?
6) Because the primes were as smart as Michael Bay. Not much...
7) I said "WTF" too during that scene. Notice how Starscream then conveniently stops attacking.

This movie should have been renamed from TF:ROTF to TF:WTF

5) Yeah, in the sequel Megatron will use people as carriers for their hatchings. They would then burst out of the human's chest and grow bigger. Now where have i heard that before?

Lol.. Leo said something about that in the Library.. not many people caught that because the BGM was too loud

1) Any planet he built the harvester on would destroy the sun and kill life on Earth anyway.

2) Maybe they didn't know about it? I mean, evil guys normally don't say their evil plan before they do it. They gloat about it during. :o

3) Got me. You could bring up the point that he had a large army to back him up, but as the movies show one prime is equal to infinite soldiers.

4) That's my new favorite joke. "Hey, Ironhide. How many Primes does it take to hide a Matrix of Leadership from an evil all powerful being?"

5) I forget what this is/was.

6) In Transformers speak, does it matter if it was 100 miles or a thousand miles? :confused: I mean, they can fly there (or teleport) in seconds anyway.

7) Would you trust Mudflap or Skids to drive you? :o And why pass up a chance to watch Megan Fox run?

I went wtf when i saw the recycled shots from the first movie. example:
They reused the shot of when optimus and crew come to earth for the first time and in this movie they used it for when decepticons are called to earth. so cheap bay you are.

Also how why would they aerial drop optimus dead with no shoots to slow his fall. wouldnt he burst into a dozen pieces? correct me if i am wrong but didnt he have parsuits in the begging fight?

Also a small side complaint but why would the fallen not show immediately to earth when prime was killed? you mean to tell me he shows up as soon as prime is revived? if i had to guess i would asusme a day or 2 passed since prime was dead till they arrived in egypt. That whole situation made no sense strategical wise to me. also jetfire disapearring till the last battle. where did he go after he transported them? take walk to think about things?

If bay reuses simple and insignificant shots like these, only to save money for more new CGI, then i am all for it. It was an insignificant scene anyway, but of course they could have added a few touches to make it look a bit different.

As for the fallen, dude, he came to earth and asked the humans to search and bring him the boy. He didnt know where the matrix was.

If bay reuses simple and insignificant shots like these, only to save money for more new CGI, then i am all for it. It was an insignificant scene anyway, but of course they could have added a few touches to make it look a bit different.

As for the fallen, dude, he came to earth and asked the humans to search and bring him the boy. He didnt know where the matrix was.
Yeah, no one did.

These are some of the biggest WTF moments for me. The Primes already had the fallen beat. 2 or 3 Pimes impaled him on their spears. Then with the Fallen already beaten, for some unexplainable reason the run away and hide the Matrix.

Just a question, Why did the Decepticons kidnap Sam's parents.
I mean it wasnt to lure Sam to them because he had no knowledge of them being kidnapped
They didnt know were there son was so its not like they tortured them for info

Why?

They used them in the desert to lure Sam to them, but IMO they should've been used much earlier. The Fallen already made one announcement on TV. He should've done another one and told Sam that they had his parents. Heck, if I were the Fallen, I would've told them I'd obliterate one city after the other, until he comes out of hiding.

Just a question, Why did the Decepticons kidnap Sam's parents.
I mean it wasnt to lure Sam to them because he had no knowledge of them being kidnapped
They didnt know were there son was so its not like they tortured them for info

Why?
To get the Matrix from him or stop him from trying to get the matrix.

The Fallen....just another person on the list of mediocre movie villains

yeah what happened? he had a great look and great powers but he ends dying from optimus in 5 minutes flat he had a great entrance at first but thats it. I dont see how only a prime can kill him, you mean to tell me that megatron couldnt stab him from behind? its not like he had a force shield and only prime could penetrate it. its like me saying only a cocker spaniel can kill me. That little tidbit should have been better explained.

Going to put my list in spoiler tags because I'm sure they have ALL been mentioned.

1. Jetfire. Where was HE after he dumped Sam and crew into the desert? Why does he need a cane and have a beard? Transformers can become elderly like humans now? And since when, SINCE WHEN, could Transformers teleport?! He's an effing jet, why would he really need to anyway? Speaking of "effing"...

2. Sam's roommate. He served no purpose other then attempting to give comedy relief, but failing almost every time. ALMOST every time...the tazor scene in the bathroom was one of the highlights of the film (sadly).

3. Sector 7 Man (cannot for the life of me remember the character's name) in a thong...um...'kay. :dry:

4. That little leg-humping robot. Again, served minimal purpose for anything in the story. They could've found Jetfire without his beyond irritating presence.

*RANDOM DOG-HUMPING INTERMISSION*

5. That college girl Decepticon. I think this might be the worst offender on my list because it disestablishes some many things in Bayformers' canon. Why could she/it replicate a person? Was there a deleted scene with Megatron stealing robots from Skynet? And if Transformers can become people now, why don't they just do that instead of giant machines (yup, a jet is a VERY discreet disguise compared to all those people on the street)? Oh, and if this rutformer knew where Sam was and could intercept him, why did the big boys Megatron and Starscream have such a hard time finding him?

6. If everyone on the planet saw Sam's face on TV, why isn't anyone after him? And moreover, if everyone just witnissed the ultimate "OH MY GOD, EVERYTHING IN THE PLANET JUST GOT BLOWED UP, OH MY GOD!!!" destruction of several places on Earth...why does nobody seem to care or even give a ****?

7. The "Twins". Don't need to go much into this one but..."We don't really be doin' readin' much". Really, Bay? Really?

8. Annnd Devastator's balls. I am under the enemy scrotum indeed...

Not like I'm agreeing with a lot of the "WTF moments" as it were in the film, but the movie was a lot like the original G1 show.
The original show had outlandish plotlines, everyone in the world wound up knowing Transformers lived amongst them through TV and public battles, yet they all always knew who were good or bad. They had a lot of plot holes like, "if they are stuck on Earth, why could they get a ship to take them into exile when the people of Earth wished it? :confused:

The point is that it's about giant robots fighting. Take it or leave it.

Going to put my list in spoiler tags because I'm sure they have ALL been mentioned.

1. Jetfire. Where was HE after he dumped Sam and crew into the desert? Why does he need a cane and have a beard? Transformers can become elderly like humans now? And since when, SINCE WHEN, could Transformers teleport?! He's an effing jet, why would he really need to anyway? Speaking of "effing"...

2. Sam's roommate. He served no purpose other then attempting to give comedy relief, but failing almost every time. ALMOST every time...the tazor scene in the bathroom was one of the highlights of the film (sadly).

3. Sector 7 Man (cannot for the life of me remember the character's name) in a thong...um...'kay. :dry:

4. That little leg-humping robot. Again, served minimal purpose for anything in the story. They could've found Jetfire without his beyond irritating presence.

*RANDOM DOG-HUMPING INTERMISSION*

5. That college girl Decepticon. I think this might be the worst offender on my list because it disestablishes some many things in Bayformers' canon. Why could she/it replicate a person? Was there a deleted scene with Megatron stealing robots from Skynet? And if Transformers can become people now, why don't they just do that instead of giant machines (yup, a jet is a VERY discreet disguise compared to all those people on the street)? Oh, and if this rutformer knew where Sam was and could intercept him, why did the big boys Megatron and Starscream have such a hard time finding him?

6. If everyone on the planet saw Sam's face on TV, why isn't anyone after him? And moreover, if everyone just witnissed the ultimate "OH MY GOD, EVERYTHING IN THE PLANET JUST GOT BLOWED UP, OH MY GOD!!!" destruction of several places on Earth...why does nobody seem to care or even give a ****?

7. The "Twins". Don't need to go much into this one but..."We don't really be doin' readin' much". Really, Bay? Really?

8. Annnd Devastator's balls. I am under the enemy scrotum indeed...
1. Transformers are cybernetic organisms. They can be hurt, they feel emotions, and they can age. I like the fact that they aren't Terminator robots that feel nothing. This also gives the ability to give different personalities to the different Transformers instead of them all being cookie cutter copies of one another. I guess them all having different voices is bad? Why would robots have different voices?

2. Sam's roommate was way over the top. There were too many over the top characters in this movie. I wish they would have toned him down quite a bit.

3. Simmons. Yeah...that was gross.

4. Wheelie was also annoying. I think Bay just wanted to cram as many robots in this movie as possible for some reason.

5. Bay didn't create Alice, the cartoon did. All the robots have different abilities and Alice has the ability to disguise herself as human to be a spy. What else would a tiny robot be good for? They would not be as good fighters as bigger robots so they are used for different purposes. I thought it was fine. You also fail to realize that the Decepticons are very proud of their heritage and Megatron despises human beings. Why would he want to be disguised as one? Also, how would a huge Autobot like Optimus transform into a 6 foot human:huh:

6. Many people saw him. They were in Egypt when the news was running and they were also in the desert most of that time. Not many people to see them let alone have access to a telivison or phone.

7. They can't read a dead language. Can you read Latin?

8. Another lame Bay sex joke. One or two are fine...but he went way overboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"