• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

More mature games?

Kritish

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering getting a wii. My only concern is that nintendo is going to really try to cater to younger players. Call of duty looks good but I'm hoping there will be more T to M rated games. Would someone like to voice there opinion.

I hope that too.

If the wii continues to sell like this, than thanks to that - and the cheap development cost - there will be a sea of games from "kiddie", to "rated R".

I mean, one million wii in a few days. If there's one at every home, you can bet your ass third parties will want a piece of that.

Just look how many games the PS2 has.

Also, Sadness is coming out, which is supposed to be the most ****ed up horror game ever. Resident Evil wii is a done deal, and we've heard some whispers about a possible GTA wii.

There is also a Prince of Persia Wii game.

I thought that last Persia game was the last one...wasn't it suppose to be a trilogy?

Or will they start over with a new Prince now?

I don't know. My guess is it will be a spin off or Wiimake.

Lord Blackbolt said:
I thought that last Persia game was the last one...wasn't it suppose to be a trilogy?

Or will they start over with a new Prince now?

Well, from the concept art that was leaked a few months back Its pretty clear that its a new prince and setting. That game is due ot in like 2 years though. My guess is the Wii one is a port/remake of the current series.

The Old Xbox was really an adults platform, the Gamecube was for ten year old girls. I hope the wii goes the way of the PS2 and practices moderation.

Kritish said:
The Old Xbox was really an adults platform, the Gamecube was for ten year old girls. I hope the wii goes the way of the PS2 and practices moderation.

Yeah, that's why Xbox has Barbie games and Gamecube doesn't...:whatever:

Hey! That Barbie Game ****ing Rocked :o

Spidey-Bat said:
Yeah, that's why Xbox has Barbie games and Gamecube doesn't...:whatever:

I read somewhere that the Xbox had the most M rated games.

Mentok said:
Hey! That Barbie Game ****ing Rocked :o
It'd have to be one of the few games that are backwards compatable. :whatever:

Kritish said:
I read somewhere that the Xbox had the most M rated games.

You read wrong. The Xbox has 194 M rated games. The PS2 has 242 M rated games.

Spidey-Bat said:
You read wrong. The Xbox has 194 M rated games. The PS2 has 242 M rated games.

May I ask where you got that number?

Kritish said:

20060109h.jpg

The Godfather for Wii... does that count?

**Gamers CLUB Prog with their joysticks!!**

Kritish said:
I'm seriously considering getting a wii. My only concern is that nintendo is going to really try to cater to younger players. Call of duty looks good but I'm hoping there will be more T to M rated games. Would someone like to voice there opinion.

You probably don't want a Wii if all you care about is T to M rated games. Nintendo is more interested in making fun games, not whether or not the game is T or M rated. You'd probably want a PS3, I'm sure they'll have plenty of M rated games, it is an adult system, with an adult price and tons of potential.

amazingfantasy15 said:
You probably don't want a Wii if all you care about is T to M rated games. Nintendo is more interested in making fun games, not whether or not the game is T or M rated. You'd probably want a PS3, I'm sure they'll have plenty of M rated games, it is an adult system, with an adult price and tons of potential.

It's not the "rating" I was just hopeing for more games like Xbox's "Dead rising" or maybe a wii version of some war games. The wii has so much potental with its nunchuck to be a good shooter consule. I just don't want all their games to be like "Rayman raving rabbids".

As for Sony, the PS3 can go suck it. I'm not paying 600 dollars might as less paying 50k for one on ebay.

I think that the things in games that constitute them mature to people are overrated.

I don't need over the top action, gore, or sex/nudity to enjoy a game.

I still find no reason for get a Wii for the time being.
Besides Legend of Zelda, there is no game that catch my eyes.
And by the reviews that are coming, the games fall flat after the novelty of the wiimote.

But, don´t get me wrong, i still think that a Wii is a nice buy....but not just now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"