Mortal Kombat 2021

I'm not buying this at all. I just don't see Wan making something like this.

I really wish they'd drop this as a movie and do it as an HBO series. The mythology is so sprawling at this point that it's gonna be tough for a movie to do it all justice. Unless they did it as a cinematic universe, with the tournaments being the big teamup films. I'd sure as hell watch Scorpion and Sub-Zero solos.

Yeah, I agree with you on that. While I have fond memories of the original MK movie (dumb as it was), one thing that was clear was that the cast was too big to do each character justice. Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Reptile, who are all fan favorite characters, were reduced to evil henchmen. Hell, Goro got more character development than them. A series would give MK a chance to delve into all of the fighters' backstories.

Also, can I just say, that I absolutely HATE whenever a movie or TV studio decides to adapt a property and they say to themselves, "OOOOHHH I GOTS ME AN IDEA. SURE, THIS SERIES HAS LIKE 50 MAIN CHARACTERS, BUT INSTEAD OF MAKING ANY OF THEM THE CENTRAL FOCUS, WE'LL JUST CREATE SOMEONE NEW! I'M SURE OUR IDEAS ARE WAAAAYYYY BETTER."

I'll believe this reboot is planned when the trailer finally comes out.

What happened to season 3 of Legacy? I still want to know the rest of the battle between Kung Lao and Liu Kang.
1st movie is still a guilty pleasure to this day.
I have no reason to feel guilty for enjoying a bad movie. 'Guilty Pleasure' feels like a useless shackle or a reason to be shamed by people for enjoying a movie.

Annilation is great to watch in a B&R type of way. Just press the fast forward button often
I love to watch Shao Kahn cry like the useless character he is in that movie, and the prophecy everyone knew about two days before the resurrection happened, but was a defunct lie all along.

Nah. Every Joe-American sounding name an Ahnuld character's ever had. :)

He's never "Hans" or "Fritz" or "Hermann", he's "Jack Slater" or "John Kimble" or "Adam Gibson" or some ****. :oldrazz: Badass 'Murican.

Nah. Every Joe-American sounding name an Ahnuld character's ever had. :)

He's never "Hans" or "Fritz" or "Hermann", he's "Jack Slater" or "John Kimble" or "Adam Gibson" or some ****. :oldrazz: Badass 'Murican.

Haha yeah. I remember in The Running Man, he was "Ben Richards."

Still, I think my favorite Ahnuld hero name was in that stupid movie End of Days, when he played "Jericho Crane."

Yeah, I agree with you on that. While I have fond memories of the original MK movie (dumb as it was), one thing that was clear was that the cast was too big to do each character justice. Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Reptile, who are all fan favorite characters, were reduced to evil henchmen. Hell, Goro got more character development than them. A series would give MK a chance to delve into all of the fighters' backstories.

Also, can I just say, that I absolutely HATE whenever a movie or TV studio decides to adapt a property and they say to themselves, "OOOOHHH I GOTS ME AN IDEA. SURE, THIS SERIES HAS LIKE 50 MAIN CHARACTERS, BUT INSTEAD OF MAKING ANY OF THEM THE CENTRAL FOCUS, WE'LL JUST CREATE SOMEONE NEW! I'M SURE OUR IDEAS ARE WAAAAYYYY BETTER."

MK:A always spring to mind for how it handled Sub-Zero and Smoke. Where Sub-Zero literally just shows up from outta nowhere to merk up Smoke. I get that changes from the source material happen, but of all the characters to randomly pop up and kill Smoke...you choose his best friend.

MK:A always spring to mind for how it handled Sub-Zero and Smoke. Where Sub-Zero literally just shows up from outta nowhere to merk up Smoke. I get that changes from the source material happen, but of all the characters to randomly pop up and kill Smoke...you choose his best friend.
To be fair; all he did was stop him from harming Kitana by shooting a missile at her, killing his ally was not his intention.

Yeah, that was pretty bad. But there was so much awful about that movie that Sub killing his best bud doesn't even feel to high on the list. I mean, first you had the American Gladiator balls that the heroes rolled around in, then there was Motaro's greasy John Travolta hair, and of course, this line:

[YT]MIt0VY7Yg2w[/YT]

That's amazing. :D

Don't think I've even seen Annihilation since it came out, 7th grade or something. Not exactly the type of thing I'd seek out, but if it's ever randomly on TV I've really gotta check it out again.

Is it awesome-bad like Batman & Robin, or just bad-bad like...I vaguely remember it being? That youtube link of Deck's makes me think my memory just sucks.

Yeah, it's just bad-bad. I mean, maybe if you get a group of friends together and play a drinking game with it, it might be fun. But even then, you'll probably just be sitting there saying to each other, "How the **** was this even made?"

I mean, when Christopher Lambert doesn't show up to reprise his role in a sequel, you KNOW it's awful.

That's amazing. :D

Don't think I've even seen Annihilation since it came out, 7th grade or something. Not exactly the type of thing I'd seek out, but if it's ever randomly on TV I've really gotta check it out again.

Is it awesome-bad like Batman & Robin, or just bad-bad like...I vaguely remember it being? That youtube link of Deck's makes me think my memory just sucks.

It's weird. I loved that movie when I was a young, ridiculous child. And even without having watched it as an adult, the nostalgia has completely worn away. I think the movie is just regular bad haha.

This is going to suck!! The character descriptions for Sonya and Raiden sound terrible, and the original characters! I mean, WTF!

All these character descriptions are bbased off an old script back before James Wan was involved in the project. I wouldn't worry, I'm sure the new script is a completely new story that is closer to the Mortal Kombat lore.

Do you know that for sure? If so, good to hear.

Do you know that for sure? If so, good to hear.

I know a few people that got their hands on an old version of the script and they told me a few of the details in it. Unfortunately, he couldn't send me the script because it was watermarked, but a lot of what he told me lines up with these character descriptions.

Last edited:
That character description of Sonya Blade gave me leprosy. Wtf?

at least they have Milly :ilv:
tumblr_nlhdm1xhxB1qiodg3o3_500.gif

Mileena makes everything better, and that's a fact.

Mortal Kombat Annihilation is this fantastic.
tumblr_nxt1d1hLz81tbealgo1_400.gif
tumblr_nxt1d1hLz81tbealgo2_400.gif

tumblr_nxt1d1hLz81tbealgo3_400.gif
tumblr_nxt1d1hLz81tbealgo4_400.gif

tumblr_nxt1d1hLz81tbealgo5_400.gif
tumblr_nxt1d1hLz81tbealgo6_400.gif

tumblr_nxt1d1hLz81tbealgo7_400.gif
tumblr_nxt1d1hLz81tbealgo8_400.gif

tumblr_nxt1d1hLz81tbealgo9_400.gif
tumblr_nxt1d1hLz81tbealgo10_400.gif

Not actual movie dialogue, but it's what happened in that scene (and a scene before it) in a nutshell.

Do like I decided:
No trailer = No confidence

I'm just waiting for the news that this will be a direct sequel to the original film, ignoring the events of Annihilation. It will pick up 25 years after the first film, with our original heroes at the tale end of a losing battle with Shao Kahn...until Raiden sends a message to his younger self. This new entry into the legendary MK franchise will feature a new cast taking on the young versions of the original cast, with a brand new retelling of the events depicted in the first film.

Bet. Money. Son.

The changes to Sonya Blade's character make me think that this movie is aiming to appeal to the Men's Rights Activist crowd.

She's a damsel in distress like in MK II or something?
I'm just waiting for the news that this will be a direct sequel to the original film, ignoring the events of Annihilation. It will pick up 25 years after the first film, with our original heroes at the tale end of a losing battle with Shao Kahn...until Raiden sends a message to his younger self. This new entry into the legendary MK franchise will feature a new cast taking on the young versions of the original cast, with a brand new retelling of the events depicted in the first film.

Bet. Money. Son.
Digitally de-aged actors, or something like with Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Looper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"