• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most Overreated Actor/Actress of all time

acedrake

Civilian
Reaction score
A long time ago I saw this actor, Lionardo Di CRapio in a cowboy movie with Sharon Stone and Russell Crowe. He was brilliant. After that, to me at least he became a nothing actor. However for everyone else he became sort of a God. Case in point, Blood Diamod. Djimon Hunsu is at least 10,000 times a better actor than Crapio would ever hope to be. Who are your most overrated actors and actresses of all time?

I take it you havent seen The Departed yet have you?

Most actors and actresses are overrated because of their looks. They are only famous because they are good looking. Some give good performances now and again. I'm not saying you have to be ugly to be a good actor but name me an A-List actor without straight teeth.

I have seen the departed and the original too, Dicrapio was good in that no doubt, but was he as good in all his other movies? One in 10 doesnt quilify.I think Damon did an awsome job in that.

I've personally liked DeCaprio since his performance in Catch Me if You Can and The Aviator.

I would love to say who but the Nolan fanboys will be on me like white on rice.

Wouldnt be Bale by any chance would it?

If so.. i would disagree on the grounds that i find him to be an excellent actor and im in no way a Nolan fanboy. Batman 1989 is my batman movie.

yeah...i've never been truly convinced by the argument: "have you SEEN American Psycho?!"

Michael Keaton pretty much sucked in just about everything he did,except BeetleJuice.Maybe that's why you don't hear from him anymore.

Poetic Chaos said:
yeah...i've never been truly convinced by the argument: "have you SEEN American Psycho?!"

That wouldnt convince me in an arguement, But the fact that i have seen his work in American Psycho, Equilibrium, Shaft, The Prestige, Harsh Times and Batman Begins. Makes him one of my favorites and not overrated in my opinion.

Shuley said:
Michael Keaton pretty much sucked in just about everything he did,except BeetleJuice.Maybe that's why you don't hear from him anymore.

No, you didnt hear from him much anymore becuase like Christopher Reeve its a little thing called Type-Cast.

So Shuley, are you saying Michael Keaton is overrated (because all you did was bash him)? Or just trying to be an ass as usual?

I would call Michael Keaton extremely underrated.

I think J-lo and ben aflec are two of the worst things to happen to movies. I also can't watch a movie with adam sandler in it.

I also find that any time a rapper tries to act its almost as bad as listening to his/her "music"

Julia Roberts. Half her roles could've done done by superior actresses. She didn't deserve an Oscar. She cashed in on her Pretty Woman schtick, and it got old fast. She was great in her eearly work, and I doubt there are any other actresses who could've done a better Erin Brockovich (though I still don't think she deserved the Oscar), but other than that, her range is flat and she doesn't have amazing range.

Jude Law. He plays the same annoying, arrogant yet charming Brit in almost every film he's been in, and almost nothing else. And yet he still gets heaps of praise mounted upon him. I remember a few years where he was nominated for almost every single superhero role. Jude Law for The Joker! Jude Law for The Riddler! Jude Law for Superman! Jude Law for Catwoman!

acedrake said:
I have seen the departed and the original too, Dicrapio was good in that no doubt, but was he as good in all his other movies? One in 10 doesnt quilify.I think Damon did an awsome job in that.
Damon was upstaged by nearly every other major character, IMO. He just didn't come off very well as a villain. To me, at least.

And while DiCaprio's early career was sorta spotty, more recently, pretty much everything he does is pretty good. Catch Me If You Can, The Aviator, The Departed...all first class stuff. His performance in The Departed was one of the best I've ever seen, personally.

As for Bale, I think his situation's rather interesting due to his cult following. So while yeah, on this site, everyone's goo-goo for him, but at large, most people barely know who he is...so - even if he wasn't a great actor (which I believe he is) - he still wouldn't be overrated, IMO.

As for Keaton. Yeah, he's extremely underrated. His performances in Batman, Beetlejuice, Johnny Dangerously, and even Jackie Brown were all fantastic.

CConn said:
Damon was upstaged by nearly every other major character, IMO. He just didn't come off very well as a villain. To me, at least.

And while DiCaprio's early career was sorta spotty, more recently, pretty much everything he does is pretty good. Catch Me If You Can, The Aviator, The Departed...all first class stuff. His performance in The Departed was one of the best I've ever seen, personally.

As for Bale, I think his situation's rather interesting due to his cult following. So while yeah, on this site, everyone's goo-goo for him, but at large, most people barely know who he is...so - even if he wasn't a great actor (which I believe he is) - he still wouldn't be overrated, IMO.

As for Keaton. Yeah, he's extremely underrated. His performances in Batman, Beetlejuice, Johnny Dangerously, and even Jackie Brown were all fantastic.

Agreed. DiCaprio blew me away in The Departed. One of my fave characters ever. I think 50 years from now, his Billy Costigan will rank among the likes of Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch, Ford as Indy, Connery as Bond, etc.

As for Bale, I don't think he's overrated at all, though occasionally he does a get a tad overpraised. However, you'd be surprised that many people outside the comic book fan community know who he is, and knew who he was well before BB. He really doesn't have all that much of a cult following anymore.

And Keaton ****ing rules. He is underrated.

Batattack said:
So Shuley, are you saying Michael Keaton is overrated (because all you did was bash him)? Or just trying to be an ass as usual?

You wanna be stupid by saying Bale is overrated when he's not,then I can be stupid too.

He didnt actually say Bale was overrated. I just assumed that's who he was talking about.

Shuley said:
You wanna be stupid by saying Bale is overrated when he's not,then I can be stupid too.
If Batattack jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"