My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Discuss what the suit will look like. Personally fond of a yellow round buckle version of this with a wider collar and larger :super::

SPL_1stLook_1080x135011.jpg

latest

superman-david-corenswet-fan-art.jpg

I'll never understand why people just photoshop David on Henry's body. Not a bad idea with the belt design, but it's too shiny and busy.

upload_2022-1-29_10-34-0.png

Behold my creation. :o

Young Champion of the Oppressed:

action-comics1-new.jpg

ppvx2lzca8p41.jpg

Batman-Superman.jpg

2875e6459df3dbd4ec4baf39e381e222.jpg

f167f3e9be54fed7b9d5a3c493f5a788.jpg

Elder Statesman:

8f89dc5c4872a1aedd7e93dda6921b309b087faf.png

tumblr_p49bjjwzD21vwtpglo2_500.jpg

Last edited:
81gh5Ck-caL.jpg
I’m personally pretty tired of the whole rubberized over designed muscle suit. Superman doesn’t need anymore than the above. Especially in an origin story.

I'd be happy with that. But give me the Fleisher logo on his chest. Especially if this is a depowered superman.
Yeah that would be better than the stock logo I agree. I’d even be into something like this, and spray painted or somehow handmade onto his chest.
s-l300.jpg

JJ Abrams' Flyby suit on actor David Corenswet - definitely NOT my favorite, but looks pretty goodF34C6A37-0B33-48FC-B0F9-655517A12CAD.jpegFlyby DC poster.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I’ve never understood with some of the modernized looks for Superman’s costume is this weird reluctance to give him a full belt. Ditching the trunks makes sense; I get that. But why the belt? Why just give him a buckle? What purpose does it serve if there’s no belt?

what purpose does a belt if not holding up the trunks?.... for that matter why does one need a belt to hold up their trunks?

I mean… I wear a belt on my pants sometimes and I don’t wear trunks over top of them lol.

A belt isn’t necessarily if it’s all one big bodysuit but if it’s two pieces then the belt could be functional. I think the suit looks better with something breaking up the top and bottom halves but just putting a belt buckle there is weird to me.

Screenshot_20220516_130105.jpg
Thought this could be an interesting way to break up the layers and make "trunks"

I’ve never understood why artists keep the belt but ditch the briefs. It looks dumb. Instead of a physical belt, why not some sort of design around the waist instead?

I’ve never understood why artists keep the belt but ditch the briefs. It looks dumb. Instead of a physical belt, why not some sort of design around the waist instead?

I'm fine with a belt, practicality doesn't really matter for me with someone like Superman. However, I do think that the Snyder suit was closer on this than, say, the S&L suit aka having an more ornamental design than a full belt. Just needed to thicken it up a bit and add some red.

I'm fine with a belt, practicality doesn't really matter for me with someone like Superman. However, I do think that the Snyder suit was closer on this than, say, the S&L suit aka having an more ornamental design than a full belt. Just needed to thicken it up a bit and add some red.

I still think the MOS is the best suit any superhero has ever worn. Period.

Yeah; there is this tendency to refine superhero costumes from movie to movie so they don’t feel stale I guess. But in some cases, you just don’t need to. If you nail it the first time, just stick with that.

I really like the shape and fit of the costume here, I would like something that sits on the actor something similar to this. I am all for the trunks and I think the size of the trunks there are fitting and don't look goofy.
supes.jpg

The briefs only work if the suit is more natural, earth like fabric.... that aesthetic makes way more sense - inspired by wrestlers, body builders etc... unless they had a practical application in krypton.

I said it before, clark gets invited to the kanas summer fete as the strong man of smallville - he's there to wrestle or wood chuck or whatever, he's in the suit... he also wears like a wrestling mask too, does his schtick, comes off stage, starts to wind down, takes man off, then realizes he is needed, darts off.... in that suit... it sticks...

I think they should set the film in the 50's and use that same suit as above.

I enjoy this interpretation of the suit. Barring the anime style I think its simple and effective. I'm not sure what he would do with pouches but I don't hate it. I like the gold detail on the wrist as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"