My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

Now that people are pointing at #9. It reminds me of one I just saw recently because it flares out at the end of the S. This is almost a mixture of #9 and MOS.
Supreman-red-gold_8c65925e-defb-42d0-a22d-15242159bacd.jpg

The metallic shine off of this is giving me Superman Returns vibes.

Also kind of like the bulbous/thickness of this Curt Swan emblem…

The metallic shine off of this is giving me Superman Returns vibes.
The page I got this from actually had a number of versions with different colors, etc. I purposely picked the one I did because it had a more matted finished rather than a glossy metallic shine.
Supreman-red_2e26f4ff-c4a5-40b5-bc13-c15e93925b81.jpg

Now that people are pointing at #9. It reminds me of one I just saw recently because it flares out at the end of the S. This is almost a mixture of #9 and MOS.
Supreman-red-gold_8c65925e-defb-42d0-a22d-15242159bacd.jpg
This reminds me should it look more serpentine than a straight up S?

This reminds me should it look more serpentine than a straight up S?
If they continue the idea that it is the symbol for the house of El, then IMO it should only coincidentally resemble an S rather than just be a straight up letter S.

I know we anticipate Gunn to direct this movie, I wonder if we should anticipate his long Time costume designer Judianna Makovsky or if we'll see someone new.

I wonder what superman costume designed by her would be like.

Imagine this suit but without the armor and add the yellow and red symbol the cape and the red trunks32c4ad53d29b541b2e5aad070f0a89aa.jpg and I think you have an awesome suit

Just the classic suit with a few tweaks here and there. Don't make it too busy.

I made these a lil' while ago. It's basically an evolution of some of my ideas (and maybe some other peeps') from before they revealed the MOS suit. I just want lightweight, skintight fabrics for the most part. That's why I reference sportswear, plus they look cool. No muscle suit. I don't want all the actor's hard work getting into shape to be covered with padding.

Concept art of my ideal lines, shapes, and proportions. From left to right: Alpha suit, Solitude suit, Classic suit, Prime suit, Omega suit.
Supes_character_sheet_sig.jpg

Material and texture reference guide.
Materials.jpg

Tbh, I want to contrast the otherworldly, alien design of the Snyder films, with something that's very homemade, very classic, and very wholesome.

Kinda like this:

classic-superman-redesign-v0-8w8akarg78r91 (2).png

The suit should serve a character purpose, in that it's symbolic representation of his connection to humanity/earth.

Almost like an inverse of MOS

Tbh, I want to contrast the otherworldly, alien design of the Snyder films, with something that's very homemade, very classic, and very wholesome.

Kinda like this:

View attachment 63316

The suit should serve a character purpose, in that it's symbolic representation of his connection to humanity/earth.

Almost like an inverse of MOS

I love a homemade suit but the only thing that doesn't seem to work are the trunks. I think it can still be homemade but it doesn't need to look daggy, just look at how well cosplayers can make costumes. There is no reason Supes and Martha couldn't create something from scratch that still looks cool.

I love a homemade suit but the only thing that doesn't seem to work are the trunks. I think it can still be homemade but it doesn't need to look daggy, just look at how well cosplayers can make costumes. There is no reason Supes and Martha couldn't create something from scratch that still looks cool.
Oh no, the suit could still look cool. But I do want more of a homemade touch to it, like stitching, seams, maybe even slightly baggy, like All-Star:
marquee_ASSM6_5ad15c092f50c6.80224011.jpg

IMO they should absolutely start with the trunks. The suit is probably going to see an evolution over the films, and that's all the more reason to start from a very "classic" place.

Plus it adds to the charm, and overall wholesome feeling of Superman, which was missing from the previous films. I mean, it's a suit made by his mother, it should look at least a little goofy, and imperfect. It adds to the humanity of the character.

The world may laugh at first, but to Clark, that suit means everything. And in time, the world will also know it's meaning.

I would like to see a low-budget/homemade suit but only for Clark's beta testing or a test run as Superman, ala Tony Stark's mach 1 suit. I really want to see the classic proportions but updated with a sleek and shiny feel that modern kids would consider "cool".

My head cannon while designing the suits I posted earlier is that Clark watched a lot of wrestling as a kid, so he started dressing up like them and that evolved into his classic suit. Naturally he would want to use athletic materials while evolving the suit. Not only is this a cool way to explain the suit, but it also utilizes the real world inspiration behind his suit - early 1900s muscle men/wrestlers/circus performers.

I did a quick manip using some similar materials. Not saying this is the suit I want, but more so the vibe and feel for the look.
image.png

I have posted it before but I really think its an amazing design, I would lose the lines and lessen the texture but other than that I think its a perfect design.
I certainly won't complain if they go with this, but if we're bringing Superman into the modern era I think the suit should have SOME new design elements. That design, especially without the textures, is basically just Chris Reeve's suit. Any classic based design is definitely sufficient, but if it's JUST the classic design then it also won't really excite me, nor will it differentiate itself from the others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"