• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

69d48f0d-b705-42af-91ed-9343f7e309f2_text.gif
Ah the Donnerverse... Where romancing and sleeping with a woman and wiping her memories wasn't considered a form of sexual assault.

EDIT: And if we count SR, also led to a pregnancy. :o

Superman can go home grab his clothes and get dressed in the blink of an eye. He doesn’t need nanotech.

Plus, Superman is an absolute genius. But Martha, while a sharp cookie, probably cannot design a nanotech suit on the farm. ;)

Superman can go home grab his clothes and get dressed in the blink of an eye. He doesn’t need nanotech.

Plus, Superman is an absolute genius. But Martha, while a sharp cookie, probably cannot design a nanotech suit on the farm. ;)
Don't deny me David doing the magical girl anime transformation! :argh:

Ah the Donnerverse... Where romancing and sleeping with a woman and wiping her memories wasn't considered a form of sexual assault.

But it did have Lois reciting poetry to herself:

“I don’t know who you are, just a friend from another star…Here I am, like a kid out school, holding hands with a God. I’m a fool.”

Definitely need him wearing the trench coat and underneath it all he wears his Superman suit

I don’t remember this part of those movies. Did she consent to sex in her right mind? And then he wiped her memories? Or did he mess with her mind somehow and then sleep with her after while she was still not in her right mind? I think order matters.

I don’t remember this part of those movies. Did she consent to sex in her right mind? And then he wiped her memories? Or did he mess with her mind somehow and then sleep with her after while she was still not in her right mind? I think order matters.
Consented which led to pregnancy and wiped her mind.

Did she consent to sex in her right mind? And then he wiped her memories? ...I think order matters.
Yes. In both versions of SII, the sex was entirely consensual. But in the Lester cut, Supes then wiped Lois’s memory. Undoubtedly, that’s a form of assault — though calling it sexual assault would be a stretch.

SR being a “vague sequel,” it’s not clear whether the mindwipe occurred at all. There are indications that Lois always knew that Supes was Jason’s father.

Yes. In both versions of SII, the sex was entirely consensual. But in the Lester cut, Supes then wiped Lois’s memory. Undoubtedly, that’s a form of assault — though calling it sexual assault would be a stretch.

SR being a “vague sequel,” it’s not clear whether the mindwipe occurred at all. There are indications that Lois always knew that Supes was Jason’s father.

Hmmm interesting topic... I'd say there is something argueably in the realm of sexual assault there if you are erasing someone's memory of having had sex. Its bad enough to erase someone's memory without consent in my mind, but when the memory being erased is sexual, it does take on a different edge.

I know I'd feel differently if I found out someone had erased my memory of a platonic encounter, than a sexual one. I'd feel more violated knowing they had sexual memories of me, and had taken mine.

Reactions: Dr.
Hmmm interesting topic... I'd say there is something argueably in the realm of sexual assault there if you are erasing someone's memory of having had sex. Its bad enough to erase someone's memory without consent in my mind, but when the memory being erased is sexual, it does take on a different edge.

I know I'd feel differently if I found out someone had erased my memory of a platonic encounter, than a sexual one. I'd feel more violated knowing they had sexual memories of me, and had taken mine.
Good comments.:up: BTW… I don’t endorse (at all) the mindwipe. Very unSupermanly! But it had been done in the comics before — usually, as with SII, to fix exposure of the secret identity. And I guess few clued-in to the fact that erasing someone’s memory (against their will) is a very personal assault/violation.

I think there was a Silver Age book in which Supes used a special combination of X-ray and microscopic vision ( :huh: ) to erase Lois’s knowledge of the secret identity. Unfortunately, I couldn’t verify this with a web search. But here’s a similar example.

32.jpg

So, back in the day, lots of highly inappropriate manipulations of the mind and memories. :csad:

Good comments.:up: BTW… I don’t endorse (at all) the mindwipe. Very unSupermanly! But it had been done in the comics before — usually, as with SII, to fix exposure of the secret identity. And I guess few clued-in to the fact that erasing someone’s memory (against their will) is a very personal assault/violation.

I think there was a Silver Age book in which Supes used a special combination of X-ray and microscopic vision ( :huh: ) to erase Lois’s knowledge of the secret identity. Unfortunately, I couldn’t verify this with a web search. But here’s a similar example.

32.jpg

So, back in the day, lots of highly inappropriate manipulations of the mind and memories. :csad:
Yeah it was a very common trope, I try not to take it too much to heart 😅

I always wonder how the new costume fits when david is standing upright. I bet it will look something like this, looser fit like a jacket instead of the usual tight fit. Like captain america or starlord. And it's so hard to get used to the collar!!

Superman-Man-Of-Steel-Jacket-510x600.jpg

I always wonder how the new costume fits when david is standing upright. I bet it will look something like this, looser fit like a jacket instead of the usual tight fit. Like captain america or starlord. And it's so hard to get used to the collar!!

Superman-Man-Of-Steel-Jacket-510x600.jpg

Wondered about that. Sure hope not. :facepalm:

Wondered about that. Sure hope not. :facepalm:
I don't think it will. I think people see the wrinkles as he is he hunched over and think it's gonna more like a jacket but it will probably fit more like peacemakers suit.

This one is the most accurate to what I personally imagine the suit to "feel" like. It even got the invisible curve on the emblem right! :oldrazz::o

More seriously, while not super tight, I don't think the costume will be as puffy or loose than the reveal pic led us believe. I don't think it will be like Captain America's suit, etc.
I'm expecting it to be soft overall (and therefore capable of wrinkling) but with some padding in strategic places to enhanced the "larger than life" silhouette (wrist, shoulder, and probably a bit on the torso)..

I kind of have to laugh at the notion of people claiming this one looks “cheap” and then creating fan edits using a BLATANTLY cheaper costume. Like, one of those does in fact look like cosplay imo, and it ain’t the one we’re getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"