My room and collection

I WANT IT ALL NOW
but realy nice comics books. man you must be Rich
How can you afford all those old comics Elijya?

WOLVERINE25TH said:
I buy whatever issue I'm missin'. Grade is no object, all that matters is they're in MY collection an' I'm good. Which's why when someone offered me a piss-poor ASM #122 fer free, I took it in a heartbeat.
well, yeah, it was free

ShadowBoxing said:
15 (long boxes) and a whole bunch of stuff not sorted too (like just lying around...I'm a slob sometimes). However I stopped counting 2-3 years ago when I had 5000+ so I wish I could tell you exactly how many I have picked up since.

You have many more TPBs than I do. You have a lot of issues in your collection...did you buy them mostly new or are you a backissue guy. I ask this because you seem to have a strong knowledge of the past 10-12 years of comics
15 long boxes? are the books bagged or unbagged?

I started reading comics when I was 10, I'm 23 now so that should tell you they're mostly all new. Though, obviuously, the wall books I have pictures of were back issues

Elijya said:
15 long boxes? are the books bagged or unbagged?

I started reading comics when I was 10, I'm 23 now so that should tell you they're mostly all new. Though, obviuously, the wall books I have pictures of were back issues
Its about half bagged and boarded half just bagged. I pack them pretty tight. I can't look through the boxes unless I remove a big chunk first (I have no idea why I do that). My collection is mostly all backissues. For example I have almost all Claremont X-Men...almost (25 books shy if I recall, I bet you can imagine which ones). I have all but 1 issue of Nocenti DareDevil, and most of Miller DareDevil. I have 200 Captain Americas, 200 ASM, 200 UXM, Every Transformers ever, A handfull of UKs, Nomad, Silver Sable, 130 Fantastic Fours, a whole bunch of b and c list first apps, and whole bunch of b and c list number 1s. My comic collection is mostly Marvel....I'd say the last 2 boxes are new DC (and almost all my trades are DC(older stuff), they are not it the boxes). I like getting originals, thats my thing. I do not like buying a trade of Marvel backissues, I much prefer the original copy.

Eh, was a recent example. I WAS gonna buy it anyways, but it was given as a thank you so I didn't hafta.

Okay, a better one that I bought was a Sgt. Fury with th' cover pretty ratty an' a sticker stuck on it. Not in th' best o' shape, but I bought it anyways.

I wish I could calculate my collection like you guys. I only just recently got long boxes. My collection is in so many different containers it's nuts! Which's why I keep track with my list.

An' th' trick, Phaed, is to buy cheap. Makes it less painful. But really, who of us REALLY wanna sell our comics anyways? I know I don't. Hell, can't even sell off my duplicates so doesn't really matter I guess. :p

Man Elijya...My room compared to your's...make my look like nothing....WHY CAN'T I HAVE A COOL ROOM...:(...*Crys*....

ShadowBoxing said:
but that ruins the collectors value :(

Some of us don't care about the value..I myself don't open my figures...but I'm not going to sell them any time soon though...I do it cause I love action figures..and they look kick-ass on my wall:p...

Goldenage Batman said:
Some of us don't care about the value..I myself don't open my figures...but I'm not going to sell them any time soon though...I do it cause I love action figures..and they look kick-ass on my wall:p...
I actually don't collect figures

I haven't opened my figures in a while, but cooler ones I wanna play with I buy two of. However, with their becomin' $20 a week after they've been out I just stopped buyin' 'em totally.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
I wish I could calculate my collection like you guys. I only just recently got long boxes. My collection is in so many different containers it's nuts! Which's why I keep track with my list.

An' th' trick, Phaed, is to buy cheap. Makes it less painful. But really, who of us REALLY wanna sell our comics anyways? I know I don't. Hell, can't even sell off my duplicates so doesn't really matter I guess. :p

I've thought about doing a trading thread..but, really don't know if anyone else would want to do it. I've been going through my comics, pulling out duplicates, and was going to do some ebaying. But, since I just love comics so damn much, I thought to acquire missing numbers is better than getting money. So, if I have something someone wants and they have something I want, what better way to collect? Right now, I have about six long boxes of duplicates I've worked through...probably will end up with a lot more when I'm done. But, like I said, don't know if anyone would be interested.

WOLVERINE25TH said:

I've thought about doing a trading thread..but, really don't know if anyone else would want to do it. I've been going through my comics, pulling out duplicates, and was going to do some ebaying. But, since I just love comics so damn much, I thought to acquire missing numbers is better than getting money. So, if I have something someone wants and they have something I want, what better way to collect? Right now, I have about six long boxes of duplicates I've worked through...probably will end up with a lot more when I'm done. But, like I said, don't know if anyone would be interested.

Well, the duplicates I was talking about I'm sellin' fer someone (an' surprisin' they ain't goin' 'cause they're damn good issues!) but I got a giant pile o' duplicates I wouldn't mind tradin' off to get what I need. They're not as good as these other ones, though.

Goldenage Batman said:
....Ok....Thanks cool..
yeah I was being fascious about that comment when I said "It ruins the collectors value"

Remember comics are only of value, if you are willing to sell them. I don't have any plans to sell mine, so value = nothing (until I decide to sell).

I do have some duplicates and I'm planning on putting them on ebay - I just can't seem to find the time to photograpgh, grade and then list each one of them.

Like wolverine25th, generally I don't buy back issues for their value, but because I want to complete a run or they are are issue I want to read - as a result a lot of comics in my collection aren't always in great collection (but it means I'm never scared to read them while eating buttery toast - :D ) , but I have huge runs of titles at low cost.

Since I got married and moved house, space is becoming an issue for my comic boxes - so I've been buying TPBs a lot recently.

Elijya said:
I was pretty sure I already said in this thread, but...

21, I turn 22 on the 27th
Of August?
We have the same birthday.
set a few years apart.

It is a rather sizable collection, not as hard when you pay no bills, congratulations.
I just recently got back into them and the old ones I had as a kid were, in a story most fans can sympathise with, destroyed by my mother when I was young.
Mainly I have been buying trades, but I have picked up a few backissues.
Questions.
What is the cgc?
Does it matter a great deal if the issue you buy is a first, second etc print?
Do TPBs or hardcovers retain any value over time or just the issues?

No one ever got rich collecting comics, folks. It's those that are willing to sell that come ahead - and I would have to guess that very few of us would sell our collections. Mine has been relegated to the basement since I got married and we had a baby. Someday all of my cool stuff, comics, and toys will be passed on to the next generation. At least that is my intention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"