Names for Justice League Solo Films

FeedOnATreeFrog

(A Metal Gear reference)
Reaction score
Since the new Superman movie is called Man of Steel, what are some other names you'd want for Justice League solo films? (assuming that these movies will be in the same universe)

For unity's sake, here are my set of suggestions

(The Dark Knight)
Man of Steel
The Amazon
The Fastest Man (Or simply, The Flash)
King of Atlantis
The Martian (though I doubt they'd ever do a MM movie)
The Emerald Knight (or if there are multiple GL's in the movie, perhaps The Green Lantern Corps, or simply The Corps)

(and if Batman gets rebooted and TDK isn't in continuity -- then either The Batman or The Black Mask)

then The Justice League, obviously.

what about sequels? Do you think the MoS sequel should have MoS in the title again (accompanied with a subtitle)? Should it have Superman in the title? Or something else entirely?

Last edited:
king of atlantis for aquaman because aquaman name will turn away audiences imo

and it just a powerful bad ash name

Man of Steel
Amazon
The Fastest Man Alive
The Green Lantern Corps
The Man of Tomorrow
Wonder Woman
The King of Atlantis
The Batman
The Yellow Lantern Corps
The Last Son of Krypton
The Flash
Green Arrow
Amazonian Warrior
The Caped Crusader
Aquaman
The Black Lantern Corps

Just to name a few.

Man of Steel
Man of Tomorrow

I like that. especially if was just a two-movie series.

Wonder Woman: Gods and Mortals

King of Atlantis

Man of Tomorrow
Last Son of Krypton

Batman Beyond
Gotham Knights (too good a name to be wasted on such a lame cartoon, lol)

The Green Lantern Corps
Guardians of the Universe (haha)
Green Lantern: The Corps

I've actually championed this type of naming for superhero films for a while. To me the 'Superhero 2' or 'Superhero: Added Subtitle" type of names for movies is lazy and frankly uninspiring. You really don't even need the first film to be named after the character. Just look at James Bond, there's never been a film named James Bond and that character has done fine. Seriously, if the character on the poster is a famous superhero do you really need the film to be named after him/her? As for what I'd name the films it would depend on the story, but I've always liked The Last Son as a Superman title.

For Superman -

Man of Steel 2
Last Son of Krypton.

For Batman.

Gotham Knight.
Shadow of the Bat.

For Green Lantern -
Emerald Knight.
Green Lantern Corps.
Guardians of Oa.

For Wonder Woman -
Princess of Themyscira.

I think we are stretching it a bit with some of these nicknames being used as film titles. The Dark Knight and Man of Steel are both strong nicknames for those guys and work really well, as does The Caped Crusader, even, but I would PREFER the first film for each character either be his/her name (Batman, Green Lantern, Iron Man, etc) or something that at least contains their name (Batman Begins, Batman Beyond, Avengers Assemble, etc).

Instead of trying to use alternative names for characters (like The Fastest Man Alive, which sounds more like the title for a 30 For 30 special on Usain Bolt), maybe they could attempt to use storyline titles. For that, I mean stuff like The Long Halloween, Emerald Dawn, Kingdom Come, The Judas Contract, etc. I'm not saying those specific titles/storylines, but those are just some examples that came to mind.

For Batman: The Caped Crusader

For Flash: The Scarlet Speedster

For Green Lantern: The Emerald Knight

I've actually championed this type of naming for superhero films for a while. To me the 'Superhero 2' or 'Superhero: Added Subtitle" type of names for movies is lazy and frankly uninspiring. You really don't even need the first film to be named after the character. Just look at James Bond, there's never been a film named James Bond and that character has done fine. Seriously, if the character on the poster is a famous superhero do you really need the film to be named after him/her? As for what I'd name the films it would depend on the story, but I've always liked The Last Son as a Superman title.

Oooh, I like The Last Son as well.

I prefer the variation- Superman: Last Son

I personally think JL: Mortal was a very good name!

I don't think also, that either of Flash's nicknames are cool enough for films to be titled after them..the names NEED to be preceded by Flash to hold public curiosity... even more so since unlike Aquaman, Flash is quite a popular character due to the DCAU.

Wonder Woman: Gods and Mortals is a very very good name!

I don't think also, that either of Flash's nicknames are cool enough for films to be titled after them..the names NEED to be preceded by Flash to hold public curiosity...
The first film will obviously be called The Flash, but the sequel could go with the name Scarlet Speedster, just as he have had Dark Knight and now are getting Man of Steel. It's as easy as that.

I don't think I would go that crazy for the other movies. I don't think any of the other nicknames/proper-titles have the same ring to it as Man of Steel and The Dark Knight do.

Sequels would be easier if you name them after the plot. Examples:

Green Lantern:
Brightest Day
Blackest Night

Flash:
Rogue War

Aquaman:
Throne of Atlantis
Sword of Atlantis
American Tidal

And of course their intuition will be to make it Aquaman: Throne of Atlantis, but they could probably do it without the superhero name

Last edited:
Some characters never had a big movie so using their name is more appropriate like Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

Throne of Atlantis is an excellent name... well done!

Green Lantern could have the coolest of names for films... I mean... Emerald Knight... Blackest Night... Sinestro Wars... The Taking of Oa... Rise of the Guardians... Oh that last one's already taken!!!

For Wonder Woman... how about... just Themiscyra?

Last edited:
Personally I was never a fan of Emerald Knight even when its used in the comic.

Personally I was never a fan of Emerald Knight even when its used in the comic.

Why? It sounds pretty cool. Though obviously would have that element of being a derivative of "Dark Knight"!

Emerald archer has a better ring to it than Emerald Knight, honestly

And he doesn't really come off as a knight.

Also not a fan of Emerald Knight or any of the Flash nicknames. For at least the first movie, I prefer just the straight up hero name. After that, they can get a little creative, although I actually prefer titles like Batman Returns or Batman Forever.

King of Atlantis
Sword of Atlantis
Throne of Atlantis

I like that, if it's a trilogy. (they could also do more: War of Atlantis, End of Atlantis, etc)

In Brightest Day
In Blackest Night

I like that as well, especially if it's a two movie series.

For the Flash, I still like 'The Fastest Man'. But I also think they could get away with getting really creative and silly and throwing entire sentences in for the title.

"Everybody loves 'The Flash'!"
"Alternate Universes, Talking Gorillas, and 'The Flash'!"
Flash14.jpg
"Kid Flash becomes The Flash!"

Last edited:
No thanks. Pretty awful for marketing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"