Namor casting threads (mergedx4) Don't make anymore

Philly Phanboy said:
:eek:

bert.jpg

:D

Hahahahaahahahahaha.:p

From Latino Review:

Reynolds as Namor, the SubMariner? - Talking to Latino Review during "Amityville Horror" promotions, Ryan Reynolds confirmed that not only has he been in talks about "The Flash" but also "The Sub-Mariner" - "Avi Arad, who owns Marvel, bought it up to me [The Sub-Mariner] and that would be something I'd be keen on. From what I've learnt from Avi, it's quite an undertaking, so it's's going to be a pretty big movie".

Ryan Reynolds? Am I the only one that thinks that this casting is totally wrong? So Ryan has been in Blade:Trinity, and he's now considered up for roles in Flash (this I can see), Deadpool (possibly) and now Namor (he's a comedy actor! Namor isn't a wise-cracking character).
confused.gif

reynolds11.jpg

I'm waiting to see Reynolds in Amityville Horror before I make a call on this. He's pretty much only done comedies so far, but if he can pull off the dramatic acting in AH then I'll give hime a shot at Namor. He's got the body for it and I bet he could pull off the look.

I'm all about casting against type. My strongest objection to Reynolds comes from the pyhsical side. I don't really think that Namor need or should look East-Asian as he admittadly has been drawn to look like sometimes (one would think ATLANTIAN's would resemble peoples or a combo of peoples connected to the Atlantic). But he shouldn't look Joe Blueblood as Reynolds does. I just think he'd look DUMB with the long black hair and the swim/wet suit.

Agreed^. Here is something i posted in another thread to talk about this very subject:

Hey roach tell me which one of thes is scrawny?

namor.jpg

Namor.jpg

namor.gif

namor_26.jpg

even in this picture of him when he was young he was all cut up.
namor.jpg

Also in which one of the pictures above does it remind you of ryan (just needs to do the FLASH) reynolds?

Lytter-mikkel-ryan_reynolds.jpg

Furthermore Dwayne Johnson was only really big cause he was still doing the Rock thing and big action flick type movie he's slimed down some now.

walkingtall_big.jpg

Also if he dropped a little more mass and just got super cut up he would be perfect. And his acting does get better every movie. And he hasn't had the most in depth parts guys ie: the scorpion king. I say give him a shot. I think to even further the illusion he should be credited as dwayne johnson and they shold give him prostetics: pointy ears maybe different hair and maybe a slightly different brow. He is my #1 pick just look at my sig!

Namor is a swimmer. look at professional swimmers. They are not these huge muscular men. They are lean but cut. I like those pics of Namor but I dont think that's the way to go with him.....besides look how ripped Wolverine is in the comics compared to Hugh Jackman

roach said:
Namor is a swimmer. look at professional swimmers. They are not these huge muscular men. They are lean but cut. I like those pics of Namor but I dont think that's the way to go with him.....besides look how ripped Wolverine is in the comics compared to Hugh Jackman

Namor isn't a "professional swimmer". He's a hybrid with super strength who lives under water. He's sort of like Hercules in the sea.

All you frigging have to do is look at the pictures. And no he doesn't have to be as freakish as the most big drawing of him is. But he has pretty consistantly been drawn as a big guy with a really big musculature. Just because we had a virginia slims version of Wolverine doesn't mean we want a namor-ultralight. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Right he is not but you have to realize that his muscle tone comes from him swimming in the ocean...go to Alex Ross views of the character....

Attachments

• Namor_Marvels2.jpg
    Namor_Marvels2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 17
another one

Attachments

• namor.jpg
    namor.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 4
RAMORE said:
Agreed^. Here is something i posted in another thread to talk about this very subject:

Hey roach tell me which one of thes is scrawny?

namor.jpg

Namor.jpg

namor.gif

QUOTE]

Dudes.We need a Mr.Leonard Nimoy´s clone.:p

I think Mr. Spock is Namor´s Twin Brother.

Leonard_Nimoy.jpg

Ok. If the Rock isn't the choice. Karl Urban would physically seem compatable (although I'm not sure he just looks bigger cause he has a wide head). Both he and the character are 6' 2" with dark hair. Clive Owen seems to have the type of natural bigness that if really worked hard could get awesomely jacked with muscle. Also, Clive would be less of a gamble cause his name is bigger than Karls post Closer and Sin City.

ok, here's a question, where does Namor get that rockin' tan from when he's underwater so much?

I still like Wizard's suggestion, Ian Somerhalder :cool::up:
lost3.jpg

fetch.dll

As you can see he looks the part.....
namor.jpg

...and he's not a bad actor either (watch Lost)

The picture you used to support that awful suggestion is so clearly an outlier from the more common drawings of Namor it's a joke. Somerhalder isn't that good of an actor. Too often people confuse an actor with the goodness or badness of the project they're known for being in. If he's such a good actor why was I and almost every fan of the show so releaved it was the character everyone without a doubt least cared about.

The guy could seriously fit inside Namor of an average drawing without making a bulge. And please don't try to argue that your hispanic poolboy drawing of Namor isn't an outlier, it is.

if I was to choose some one to play Namor... i would go with the two actors from the mummy...either the guy who played the creature or the one guy who led the acient brotherhood

Kmack the only problem with ian is he's 5'9". He looks reasonable and acts decent so he's not a bad choice if they where doing a young angry confused namor. But for the grown up version it has to be dwayne johnson:)

Watch Brotherhood of the Wolf if you want to see acting ability from Marc Dacascos.

you really cant list Brotherhood of the wolf for acting ability...he spoke like three words and was in the background the whole time...not really shakespearean efforts

I'd say they go with Dwayne Johnson for Namor.

Let Ryan Reynolds just be Deadpool instead. Plus he would make a way better Deadpool then Namor.

RAMORE said:
Ha ha good burn roach:)

I didnt mean it as a burn I was just saying there are other movies where he had a bigger part...bad place he was in the Crow TV series.

roach said:

Hugh Jackman was ripped enough in X-2.
I say Namor should be played by the Rock. Yes, he is slimmer and his acting roles are diverse and he get's better every time. Him swimming isn't an issue. I know fat gits who can swim really well. Besides, its all fantasy, it doesn't matter if the chosen actor has the exact body of an olympic swimmer.

About the only Marvel movie The Rock is good for is Namor. Just keep him away from the Silver Surfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"