Namor casting threads (mergedx4) Don't make anymore

Spider-Fan930 said:
About the only Marvel movie The Rock is good for is Namor. Just keep him away from the Silver Surfer.

The rock as the silver surfer would probably suck but i think his voice would suit the role but thats it and that wont happen. The Rock is Namor.

Posted again just for Kmack...

RockIsNamor.jpg

hahah Dwayne Johnson?? no way! I liked the rumour of Matt Damon better then that....and I don't even like matt damon to much haha

Sparta* said:
hahah Dwayne Johnson?? no way! I liked the rumour of Matt Damon better then that....and I don't even like matt damon to much haha

Matt Damon a better choice than the rock? :rolleyes: yeah, whatever.

Ok, I hate to make this suggestion almost because I'm an ardent critic of all the unimaginative TYPE-casting based suggestions that go on here (think Kurt Russel for Nick Fury etc.)

However I just had this idea and it isn't as bad an example of most of those however the one role he is known for is substantially similar to Namor. Anyway here goes. How about MARK LUTZ ?

Only "Angel" fans are likely to know who he is. He played "The Groosalugg" which was a recurring character in the second and third seasons of the show. Similarities between Groo and Namor are plenty, but I thought I'd suggest him anyway. Clearly he doesn't have star power (beyond interested BTVS/Angel fans) and would not be chosen if they decide they need a star. According to his bio he was a competative swimmer, that could come in handy. Here are some pics.

markpic.jpg

34_marklutz_three.jpg

groo.jpg

I'd prefer someone bigger ideally but there don't seem to be an overwhelming number of perfect candidates for the role. In fact I've yet to come across one.

SonOfLogan said:

Dwayne Johnson is the best candidate for Namor. I think if he got the part, it would be his breakout role in terms of earning respect for his acting ability. I think he'd knock it out of the park. Seeing how good this fan-made poster looks, I can only imagine how he'd look in full Namor make-up. James Cameron should write and direct, he's obsessed with the depths of the sea, he'd be all over this and give it the epic scope it deserves.

SonOfLogan said:

That says it all.

The Rock proved his legitimacy in The Rundown. He's got the looks, the charisma.....he's perfect.

Namor doesn't exactly conjure thoughts of Shakespeare.

I wouldn't mind the Rock, but I do see a minor problem with his casting, and it's completely cosmetic/budgetary. The Rock now has these elaborate Hawaiian-tribal tattoos all over him, right? I may be wrong but I think he does. So think about it. Namor never wears a shirt, so every time that he was on screen they would have to digitally remove the tattoos. That means CGI work on every single shot of Namor.

In my opinion that would definately bump up the cost of the effects in what should already be an effects-laden film. I may be wrong. It may not make that much of a difference. But if I were producing a big-budget, underwater special effects movie, that extra bit of money devoted to something completely cosmetic would play a part in my decision.

murdock_matt said:
I wouldn't mind the Rock, but I do see a minor problem with his casting, and it's completely cosmetic/budgetary. The Rock now has these elaborate Hawaiian-tribal tattoos all over him, right? I may be wrong but I think he does. So think about it. Namor never wears a shirt, so every time that he was on screen they would have to digitally remove the tattoos. That means CGI work on every single shot of Namor.

In my opinion that would definately bump up the cost of the effects in what should already be an effects-laden film. I may be wrong. It may not make that much of a difference. But if I were producing a big-budget, underwater special effects movie, that extra bit of money devoted to something completely cosmetic would play a part in my decision.

I feel what your saying MM. But who's to say they would just let them pass. I mean, it's not like he has a big "I Love Mom" on his bicep. I have never seen his tribals up close, but they may add to the exoticness of the character. Just a thought.

SonOfLogan said:
I feel what your saying MM. But who's to say they would just let them pass. I mean, it's not like he has a big "I Love Mom" on his bicep. I have never seen his tribals up close, but they may add to the exoticness of the character. Just a thought.

Why would an Atlantlean prince have Samoan tattoos though?

WallCrawl said:
Why would an Atlantlean prince have Samoan tattoos though?

It's not like the audience is gonna sit there and go..."Wait a minute...those tattoo's aren't Atlantean!!! They're Samoan!!!"

i agree with everyone who choose The Rock

Rock would be best suited for Deathlok. Namor should get an unknown actor.

murdock_matt said:

Is digitally removing tattoo's really necessary?

I would think that a halfway competant make-up person could whip up some "Rock flesh-tone" goop and solve the problem easily, without the need for extensive (and pointlessly expensive) CGI work.

I'm not an expert, but that seems pretty logical to me.

Well out of the names so far mentioned on this thread I like Ryan Renolds the best just cuz he's funny. I think a lot of the other are too oldish to play him we needs someone a little younger to play him I think. I also think the guy who plays Brennen (It's been a while I think that's his name but the guy with electricity) from Mutant X could play him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"