NBA 2019-2020 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rf2d49jx9hm41.jpg
:funny: I might actually check this out.

It is sad to see this goes with uncertainty.

In Japan, this season B league has already cancelled (this season there will be no champion) amid the recent to stay at home order in Japan.

Hopefully the NBA will not be without champion this year. I feel bad for LeBron James (who I think has his biggest chance in recent years to add his title before he retires..).

And I feel bad too for good hardworking teams like Milwaukee and Denver (who having their best season this season).

Hope the season will restart again in near time.

Last edited:

One big class here..
It is sad once again that Kobe cannot get to see this achivement.

With their rivalry during this three players play, I really love to hear what each other say.
Especially Garnett with his fierce battle againts Kobe's Lakers in Finals 2010. And also Duncan who has his Spurs has battled Kobe a lot during the 2000s.

Watching this tonight

Anybody here seen the two episodes of Last Dance? Michael being petty with Jerry Krause was hilarious

I'm just sick of the comparison honestly, it's not a valid one. Two different players with completely different mindsets. LeBron's career will never match up, that was certain as soon as he lost one Finals series, let alone 5.

BUT, I will say that nobody does these fantasy scenarios in reverse. MJ was Air Jordan because he was the anomaly of his time, nobody played above the rim like that, not even Dr.J.

However, place someone the size of Karl Malone with 1000x more speed and athleticism (with the passing of Magic no less), place him in the 90s and ask "Thunder" Dan or Kevin Johnson to guard him one-on-one and I expect the results would be the same. If not worse...

Last edited:
I'm just sick of the comparison honestly, it's not a valid one. Two different players with completely different mindsets. LeBron's career will never match up, that was certain as soon as he lost one Finals series, let alone 5.

BUT, I will say that nobody does these fantasy scenarios in reverse. MJ was Air Jordan because he was the anomaly of his time, nobody played above the rim like that, not even Dr.J.

However, place someone the size of Karl Malone with 1000x more speed and athleticism (with the passing of Magic no less), place him in the 90s and ask "Thunder" Dan or Kevin Johnson to guard him one-on-one and I expect the results would be the same. If not worse...
The biggest issues with the players of the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90,s compared to the players of today are the rule changes and toughness and defense. That's why I say you can never compare them. Two completely different era's. However had LeBron played in that era I say he would've been more like Magic or Dominique Wilkins. But then again I don't think he is tough enough to play in that era. Personally I think most of the players in the NBA today are soft. Hell look at the league back then and as good as Kobe was he did not become great until the rule change.

However I will say this growing up as a Jordan fan it has been great to see peoples reaction to this because I lived through these moments and saw them live as kid (whenever they would play the Bullets by the way still pissed ESPN still hasn't addressed them by there proper name back then). So this has been good. What's a shame is this is only highlights because for fans of today they truly do not know what defense was until you saw teams play the Pistons or the Knicks. I remember watching Charles Oakley literally slam Chris Webber (when he played for Washington) into the post of the hoop breaking his collar bone and only get a technical foul when now that would get you thrown out the game.

However I will say this growing up as a Jordan fan it has been great to see peoples reaction to this because I lived through these moments and saw them live as kid (whenever they would play the Bullets by the way still pissed ESPN still hasn't addressed them by there proper name back then). So this has been good. What's a shame is this is only highlights because for fans of today they truly do not know what defense was until you saw teams play the Pistons or the Knicks. I remember watching Charles Oakley literally slam Chris Webber (when he played for Washington) into the post of the hoop breaking his collar bone and only get a technical foul when now that would get you thrown out the game.

Says a lot when the current players (Draymond, PatBev, Westbrook, Butler, CP3) who are deemed jerks/assh*les are the only ones who would fit in 70s/80s/90s basketball.

If a team did their own version of the Jordan Rules on LeBron, all the players and the coach would be suspended for the playoffs.

I like Jordan. I like Lebron. I don't compare them because i don't feel like they're similar in how they play. different body sizes, different positions.
i can compare them in how they're the faces of the league for their generations and how they carry their legacy that way, even transitioning to endorsements, films/tv etc on the business side.

If I compared anyone to Jordan, it was Kobe. Stature, size, positions, style of play etc.

However had LeBron played in that era I say he would've been more like Magic or Dominique Wilkins. But then again I don't think he is tough enough to play in that era. Personally I think most of the players in the NBA today are soft. Hell look at the league back then and as good as Kobe was he did not become great until the rule change.

Kobe had 33 on both Jordan and Pippen off the bench. As a child.

He wasn't great yet because he was young, not the rules, which brings me to my next point...

However I will say this growing up as a Jordan fan it has been great to see peoples reaction to this because I lived through these moments and saw them live as kid (whenever they would play the Bullets by the way still pissed ESPN still hasn't addressed them by there proper name back then). So this has been good. What's a shame is this is only highlights because for fans of today they truly do not know what defense was until you saw teams play the Pistons or the Knicks.

I lived through them in real time also, which is why I'm saying what I'm saying. The first time MJ came across Allen Iverson, we all saw what happened. Kobe wasn't anywhere near his peak and could score against them easily. MJ was the athletic anomaly, nobody else, so he wasn't used to players like that, he never saw players like that.

So how would the league react to a 7 foot Durant with a handle, shooting 3s? Or 6'11 Giannis coming downhill? Westbrook flying around at 100 mph, or guys launching from damn near half court?? How physical are you gonna be able to get? You're not picking these guys up 94 feet like you could Mark Jackson.

"Jordan rules" were effective because he kept going into the paint, because he couldn't shoot, at the time. I fail to believe a 6'9 260 lb LeBron wouldn't be able to adapt to physicality if he had to. This era isn't about that, so he's learned how to manipulate the game, just like Harden, CP3 and others. But I saw with my own two eyes the level of athleticism MJ faced on a nightly basis. The best equipped specimen to go against him in that era wore #33 of the same jersey...

I'm really enjoying The Last Dance so far.

EZni5lxXYAEVGUg

Flip a coin between #1 & #3 and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"