NBA 2019-2020 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covington going to the rockets (again) is a huge boost for them. I feel like he was integral in them beating the Lakers the other night.
I hope Russell helps KAT light the league up. I kinda feel like he got snubbed for the all star game. I know some players always do, but I’d pick him over Embiid.

Unless lightning strikes and the Pels somehow get the 8th seed, I'll be rooting for the Lakers to win it all so AD and Demarcus can finally get their rings. I still think the Lakers need to get LeBron and AD more rest. Not surprisingly, the Lakers aren't as efficient without one of them on the floor. I've noticed that AD has had several nagging injuries so far this season, and I'm assuming that LeBron will want to log his usual minutes in the playoffs, so I hope they're both ready when it's do-or-die time.

Dame would have murdered this year's All Star game.

The new format just resurrected this event from the dead. Although, as an owner/coach, I would be worried with how competitive and physical the game could get.

i was a little concerned by the end of the first quarter, but by the 4th i definitely got my money's worth.

i think i missed it though, why was the magic number 157? kinda hate it ended in a free throw though

i was a little concerned by the end of the first quarter, but by the 4th i definitely got my money's worth.

i think i missed it though, why was the magic number 157? kinda hate it ended in a free throw though
The target score is calculated by taking the higher total score from the first 3 quarters, then adding 24 (in honor of Kobe) to it. Team Giannis had a total of 133 after 3 quarters, while Team Lebron had 124.
133 + 24 = 157, the target score. Team Lebron had to overcome a 9 point deficit to hit the target score, hence the insane defense played by both sides in the 4th.

All in all, this weekend's All-Star was probably the best in a long while, if not ever. The 3-pt contest literally came down to the last money ball, and the dunk contest was almost legendary if Wade didn't **** **** up at the end with the scoring :funny:. Then you got the GOAT All-Star game. It was a great weekend for NBA fans.

i agree. i thought it was great. i feel bad for Aaron Gordon though. I hate to think that suspect scoring in the end will be the reason he never does this again. Even Ja Morant said via twitter stuff like that makes him think more than once about ever competing in anything like this.

3 point contest has become a must-see the past few years, which is great. it was a few years ago that it was actually aired after the dunk contest because it was the main event. am i remembering that right?

the only things i really have issues with are:

The Skills challenge. They're fun, but too short. It'd be kinda cool to make them relays too. Team up a big and a small or add extra challenges. Even the old event with a current star, wnba star and a veteran was a fun event. they could bring that back too if the skills challenges are going to end so fast lol.

The "celebrity" game. i turned it off. it's not really that enjoyable anymore. maybe they could make it more competitive or get better players? i dunno

I do agree that the dunk competition should only be judged by former slam dunk contest champions or participants, as long as they aren't former, current teammates and/or former, current team executives/officials.

As for the all star game, there should be no penalty free throws when either team is 5 points away from reaching the target score. (the game shouldn't be won on free throws, especially when some players nowadays can be nominated for academy awards)

yeah just do a jump ball and go at it.

Unless lightning strikes and the Pels somehow get the 8th seed, I'll be rooting for the Lakers to win it all so AD and Demarcus can finally get their rings. I still think the Lakers need to get LeBron and AD more rest. Not surprisingly, the Lakers aren't as efficient without one of them on the floor. I've noticed that AD has had several nagging injuries so far this season, and I'm assuming that LeBron will want to log his usual minutes in the playoffs, so I hope they're both ready when it's do-or-die time.
I also want Rondo to get one more!!!

As for the all star game, there should be no penalty free throws when either team is 5 points away from reaching the target score. (the game shouldn't be won on free throws, especially when some players nowadays can be nominated for academy awards)

Then just put in Patrick Beverly, Cousins and Draymond to mug people once they get the ball? No thank you!

i know Olajuwon fouled out of the game once

Rudy Gobert DPOY. Single-handedly stopped the entire league from scoring anymore points this season.

So many things has happened in the last 30 minutes. Crazy times.

Didn't see that coming.

There was a fan at the Gonzaga and BYU game about 3 weeks back that attended the game after a cruise ship. More than likely there has to be something going around Utah now from multiple areas if the Jazz's player tests positive it suggest the disease is fairly widespread. The Thunder and Jazz are both being quarantined inside the arena and can't go home as of now.

The NCAA has moved to having no fans at the games now in the tournament and all conference tournament play is likely to have no fans as well. Following the NBA announcement, the NCAA may cancel it all together or postpone I wonder...

So far the more recent college tournaments meant more for the players/universities and fans like the CBI and CIT have been cancelled. The MAC and Big West with Ohio and California government state sanctions on large gatherings were the first with no fans... (The NCAA doesn't mandate what the conferences should do but after NCAA's decision no doubt the presidents of various institutions such as Michigan spearheaded efforts on their end to very abruptly call off fans tomorrow). Ivy League is being of course the most stringent; as soon as the NCAA mentions no fans of course done with everything now besides just the conference tournament.

This disease is being tracked by documented cases best seen here: Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

The WHO website doesn't provide as good of an update map as that one as geographic region not as broken down and more delayed updates. I've been reading the New York Times that's being updated week to week with pretty good articles and an updated report posted yesterday here: ‘It’s Just Everywhere Already’: How Delays in Testing Set Back the U.S. Coronavirus Response

Last edited:
Space Jam did it...

660cec2fb8dbbaa3959b7936413a56f7c474545e.gifv

5b149cafd5a0d61db760e76fc51632c0a80860d5.gifv

im just super sad that this might have ended Vince Carter's career early. He was about to return to Toronto. That was going to be epic

my all time favorite player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"