NBA Thread of 2017/2018: Count to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Knicks/6ers on TV (Xmas). I never had a chance to watch Porzingis for any length of time before. Wow.

Also, and yes I'm a die hard Laker fan, I can't be the only one who is impressed with Kuzma. Man, the Lakers have been doing a really good job in the lower parts of the draft; better than at the top. LOL. I think Lonzo is going to be just fine though. I said from the start that I wasn't worried about his scoring. That will develop, but he's got to stay in front of his man.

Lavar Ball is a genius

Genius = Trip. :woot:

Any publicity is good publicity. The guy knows how to stay front and center, but, really, he's just answering questions that are put to him. The press KNOWS he's going to say exactly what he thinks and I'm cool with it.

I don't know about his latest plan for his sons though....Lithuania? i'm sure he knows more than I do, but still.....

Can't wait for James to join the Lakers next year. :cwink:

i think it is a bad idea to pull his kids out of school and try to get them signed overseas, especially the youngest. Lamelo? sure he made leeway when he scored like 72 in a game, but he's very undisciplined and needs a lot of work, especially on tempo and protecting the ball. he makes a lot of poor choices

i think it is a bad idea to pull his kids out of school and try to get them signed overseas, especially the youngest. Lamelo? sure he made leeway when he scored like 72 in a game, but he's very undisciplined and needs a lot of work, especially on tempo and protecting the ball. he makes a lot of poor choices

I don't even think those guys are ready for G league.

Got to watch the Knicks game today. Good game despite the loss. I love watching Embiid. Timmy will be a nice boost to N.Y. when he comes back.

Apparently Harden had a bit of a meltdown at the end of the Celtics' 26 point comeback, committing 2 dead-ball offensive fouls in the last moments. But in fairness to Harden, he's used to just running into other players and having fouls called on them. What likely messed him up this time was he didn't have the ball when he did it.

Apparently Harden had a bit of a meltdown at the end of the Celtics' 26 point comeback, committing 2 dead-ball offensive fouls in the last moments. But in fairness to Harden, he's used to just running into other players and having fouls called on them. What likely messed him up this time was he didn't have the ball when he did it.

:funny:

The Rockets have lost 5 in a row, when people said they may never lose again. :hehe:

Well, as usual, people react prematurely to the first few months of the season. I don't even like to come in here until after Christmas.

Houston, even at full strength, won't be able to defend the better teams out West in a 7 game series. Harden's already shown himself to be untrustworthy on that side of the floor & in general when it comes to decision making so they need Paul to balance out his mental lapses. But placing hopes on a CP3 with porcelain bodyparts is also foolish at best.

Finally get to see Thomas with this team. We need him to be back to MVP form to have a chance to win it all.

as a lapsed Knicks fan, trying to return to the fold

I hated Melo, always did

now hes gone and they are running with Kristaps, Michael Beasley, and Dougie McBuckets

im all for it

Cavs with their 2nd 30-ish point loss in a row.

Yeah, my Cavs are looking pretty awful right now.

It likely won't matter come May. I mean, this atrocious level of defense has to be nonchalance... right?

It likely won't matter come May. I mean, this atrocious level of defense has to be nonchalance... right?

I don't think so. The team is old, and Isaiah makes them decidedly worse on that end of the floor. IF they somehow make it to the Finals again, it might get ugly...

i've learned to never bet against LeBron when it comes to the East.

My Hawks have 11 wins..... If the Falcons win tomorrow, so will they :hehe:

I don't think so. The team is old, and Isaiah makes them decidedly worse on that end of the floor. IF they somehow make it to the Finals again, it might get ugly...
IT is pretty bad. I mean, I think Kyrie stunk on that end, but yeesh. I was thinking more about them getting out of the East, but yes, that monster in Oakland (or whoever survives that madness out West) looks good regardless.

i've learned to never bet against LeBron when it comes to the East.

My Hawks have 11 wins..... If the Falcons win tomorrow, so will they :hehe:

Sorry about those Falcons brother.

IT is pretty bad. I mean, I think Kyrie stunk on that end, but yeesh. I was thinking more about them getting out of the East, but yes, that monster in Oakland (or whoever survives that madness out West) looks good regardless.

Well here's the thing about LeBron, he needs to take ownership of how he minimizes his team's competitive window by not wanting too many younger guys on the roster. I don't know if they can sustain the effort necessary to get past Boston right now or even (shudder to think) the Raptors. He wanted veteran players and shooters, well, he got um....

Yeah, it's gotten to the point where the Cavs "holding" a team to 110 points would be a good defensive night. I'm having flashbacks to the 80s Denver Nuggets and 00s Phoenix Suns. Lots of scoring but the other team scores more.

I know they surely will improve come the post season, but no part of me sees them winning the NBA title. I am right now worried about their chances in the Eastern Finals right about now, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"