NBA Thread of 2017/2018: Count to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was saying the trade was a mistake from the beginning. Likely they end up trading the pick we got for some piece to try to right the ship, this year. But, I think this season is a lost cause. Cavs are just too old and cannot play defense.

Cavs trade Isaiah Thomas, Channing Frye, and 1st round pick to Lakers for Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr.

This Cleveland stuff is hilarious. Drama on top of drama. And now, the interesting stories come out post-trade. It also puts another layer on LeBron completely ignoring Thomas after the game winner last night.

I love this stupid league.

Also seeing:

Utah will also send Joe Johnson to Sacramento, and Cleveland will send Jae Crowder and Derek Rose to Utah, league sources tell ESPN. Cavs get Geoge Hill.

And also seeing Rodney Hood being traded to Cavs! Man, they are busy.

DUU_s77WsAA2TMc.jpg
DUU_s7vW4Acx6yR.jpg

:ilv:

The Cavs sure are good at making trades that help other teams at their expense.

I admire Lebron for going back for the fans...but dude...it was the worst thing for his career.

rashad vaughan to the pelicans for dante cunningham

mudiay is going to the Knicks, doug mcdermott goes to dallas, denver gets devin harris

Cavs trade Isaiah Thomas, Channing Frye, and 1st round pick to Lakers for Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr.

So let me see if I've got this right. Lakers clear cap space, lose a couple of good players, get 1 year deals on 2 other (pretty good players....1 of which isn't going to help at all this year), and get the Nets pick if it's outside the 3rd pick? Brooklyn is sitting at about 7 or 8....right?

Am I missing something?

So let me see if I've got this right. Lakers clear cap space, lose a couple of good players, get 1 year deals on 2 other (pretty good players....1 of which isn't going to help at all this year), and get the Nets pick if it's outside the 3rd pick? Brooklyn is sitting at about 7 or 8....right?

Am I missing something?

Not the Nets pick, the Cavs pick...Cavs are keeping their Nets pick.

Not the Nets pick, the Cavs pick...Cavs are keeping their Nets pick.

Ahhhhh.....okay. That makes WAY more sense. Why are they bothering to make it top 3 protected? :woot:

I liked McBuckets, but I actually like the trade for Mudiay. I see Frank as more of a 2 eventually. Besides Mudiay is who all the N.Y. fans wanted a couple of years ago instead of Porzingis. They really need a 3. They'll probably draft another point or center, though.

Mudiay is terrible. He’s dead last (99th!) in real plus minus among qualifying guards. -5.23 points per 100 possession

Also don't the Knicks already have a young guard who is both better and younger than Mudiay?

Last edited:
Yep. They also have Burke whose been playing really well, and laser focused, but coach chooses not to play him. I probably should have picked a different team to root for when I was younger, too late to change now, lol.

Last edited:
The Cavs sure are good at making trades that help other teams at their expense.

I admire Lebron for going back for the fans...but dude...it was the worst thing for his career.

C'mon man, you gotta hold him accountable for some of this. He didn't come back strictly for the "fans" he escaped from an old team on the decline just like he'll probably attempt to do again, completely avoiding the fact that he's responsible for a lot of it.

He only likes veteran shooters and/or rebounders. By doing that you limit your team's window of competitiveness. You can't jettison most of the younger talent on your teams then blame it on management. Both franchises tried to appease him to a fault, especially Cleveland this time around, they've reshaped the team like 3 times trying to accommodate his every whim. If he leaves, wherever he winds up will have to acquiesce to the same things...

Last edited:
I liked McBuckets, but I actually like the trade for Mudiay. I see Frank as more of a 2 eventually. Besides Mudiay is who all the N.Y. fans wanted a couple of years ago instead of Porzingis. They really need a 3. They'll probably draft another point or center, though.

Ah yes, Emmanuel Mudiay, he of Prime Prep Academy, the failed high school created by former NFL player Deion Sanders.

C'mon man, you gotta hold him accountable for some of this. He didn't come back strictly for the "fans" he escaped from an old team on the decline just like he'll probably attempt to do again, completely avoiding the fact that he's responsible for a lot of it.

He only likes veteran shooters and/or rebounders. By doing that you limit your team's window of competitiveness. You can't jettison most of the younger talent on your teams then blame it on management. Both franchises tried to appease him to a fault, especially Cleveland this time around, they've reshaped the team like 3 times trying to accommodate his every whim. If he leaves, wherever he winds up will have to acquiesce to the same things...

You making things up do not make them true. ;)

Lebron could have gone to countless other better run teams if he was just looking for an easy ride. Cleveland is not a well run team.

And this "Lebron is the GM" stuff is just made up out of nowhere. Of course every team will consult their legendary player. The Mavs consult with Dirk but that doesn't make him the GM. If Lebron was the GM, Kyrie would still be there and they would have traded for Paul George.

And if it were true that Lebron runs the team....that's a pretty damning thing to say about the Cavs right there. What kind of weak sauce team would be so pathetic that they let the star player run everything? You can rule that team out of the championship conversation right away.

---------------

Anyway, the Cavs new players certainly look better on defense and that's where their problem was. They got younger. Those fossils they were running out there were painful to watch. I guess they lost some bad attitudes too.

I wonder if the "Lebron is the GM" fans will say, "Great trade Lebron!" Probably not....I never hear them claim Lebron is a championship winning GM either.

Cavs looked MUCH better today :up:

Hoping this means we can win the East again now that we actually don't look old and awful :oldrazz:

The only time most people call LeBron the GM is when something negative happens. If he is the GM like everyone says he is, he is one of the best ones I've ever seen. Three rings in seven years is damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"