NBC's ''Timeless''

I think it would've been better off as a film franchise than a TV series if it is billed as Back to the Future meets Mission: Impossible.

Give it the budget it deserves plus 6-7 hours seems like an enough for this premise without getting too confusing for audiences - as they'll probably deal with altered timelines a few episodes in. Chasing bad guys throughout history - is that something that could be sustained for 5-6 seasons?

NBC has slotted in Taken to air in Timeless' timeslot starting in March when The Voice returns. Now that can change but maybe it allows them to just do 10-13 episodes. Less is better.

Sean Maguire will be playing Ian Fleming on the show.

I bet the airborne toxic event's song 'timeless' will feature in this show at some point.

I always loved time travel in shows and films so I am really looking forward to this

NBC sued over ‘Timeless’ series days before its premiere

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The NBC show “Timeless” hasn’t aired its first episode yet, but it has already prompted a copyright infringement lawsuit by the makers of a Spanish-language series.

ONZA Partners sued NBCUniversal and Sony Pictures Entertainment, claiming “Timeless” is an unauthorized version of its show “El Ministerio del Tiempo” (“The Ministry of Time.”)

ONZA contends it was in negotiations with Sony to produce a U.S.-version of its series, which features a three-person team who hops through time trying to stop criminals from changing key historical events.

NBC could argue that it is inspired from The Time Patrol from by Poul Anderson.

The ads make me think of the old Voyagers! show.

Cant wait for the show...just hope it doesn't get canceled

The first season is probably safe since it airs after The Voice. It's the 2nd season when they move it's night that you'll need to be more concerned.

Kripke just has no luck post Supernatural, it seems. Revolution gets canceled and now getting sued for Timeless.

TIMELESS SERIES PREMIERE ABIGAIL SPENCER Interview #1

DVR is set. Won't be able to watch it live Monday night.

It's network TV, so expectations aren't that high but I hope it's decent.

The ads make me think of the old Voyagers! show.

I'm glad somebody else remembers the Voyagers show. That show was great (nostalgic recollection) for such a short run.

Curious to see this one tonight.

Just finished watching, and while I enjoyed most of the premiere, there were a few things right at the end of the episode that I'm a bit iffy on:
1) I love Susanna Thompson, but casting her as Lucy's mother does not forecast good things happening

2) What was the point of Colin Mason ordering Rufus to record Wyatt and Lucy's conversation? It seems like such a random-*** thing to do and made no sense at all

3) Lucy's sister ceasing to exist just because Lucy, Wyatt, and Rufus changed history made less sense than Point #2, and was super cliched besides

The show gave me a very Sliders/Seven Days-esque vibe on the whole, and I like the idea of these characters having to travel to different time periods and "play dress-up", so I'll be tuning in for the rest of the season.

Pilot was decent but a bit rushed - It seemed like that some early conversations were edited down to be extremely abridged and short.

The question of Lucy's role being involved in all this without her knowledge is obviously something that is to be resolved later on after being directly implicated in the story.

Yeah, they had a lot to do in a little time and had to contend with exposition as well. I did enjoy it, though. I'm just more curious to see the episodes that already have that kind of stuff out of the way.

The pilot was ok, but it all seems rather basic to me. Like they just threw a bunch of classic time travel tropes into a blender to make a show. It also doesn't seem particularly well-written or thought out. I dunno, I might give it another episode or two but this did not impress me at all.

Yes, it's a very basic/paint-by-numbers time travel show, but so were Sliders, Seven Days, and a show that somebody else brought up elsewhere, Quantum Leap. Only time will tell if this show has the same 'legs' as those shows, but my point is that 'basic' doesn't automatically equal 'bad'.

Well, those shows (minus Seven Days, never seen that) failed to hold my attention for too long as well, so I guess I need a little more than that to get invested.

why couldn't he just toss the bomb out the window? seems silly he took so long trying to defuse it

why couldn't he just toss the bomb out the window? seems silly he took so long trying to defuse it

Lol I thought the same thing, all that being said it was the gunshot that caused the damage

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"