NBC's ''Timeless''

And if you still miss it, you can go back in time to Monday and watch it. :o

But then maybe that's why Abigail Spencer said that her clothing wasn't the right period but 1940s. It was their way of getting round the fact that they might not always have the right costumes in their department or don't want to spend to make something new, so they can just explain it as part of the story that the time team don't have the right outfits either.

i think they had Lucy to mention the clothing to show her knowledge of the times and her historically know-how too. they made sure we know that she's an accomplished historian and anthropologist, as is her mother.

as for the ending with her mom and lack of sister, i'm also curious about the engagement ring part and who she is supposed to be engaged to.

here's part of my crazy theories
flynn is related to lucy somehow. wouldn't surprise me if he's her dad and she's a child born out of time or something. maybe the time travel is why her mother is sick in the future. mom is blonde, goran and lucy are both dark haired. a stretch sure.
i also feel like her notebooks are key, like Destiny's diaries were supposed to be in X-Treme X-Men, and i'd like to see them a bit more and i think we will.

Mason is up to something. He may not even be from the present. Kinda gave me a Fringe vibe.

i also want to know why Rufus had to be the one to pilot, when he said all he is is a coder

Episode 2 was entertaining.

Well, about as much fun as you can have about the assassination of a revered historical American figure, I guess.

Reminds me of Sliders and the Stargate TV series. I still wish the first ep was heavier on introducing the characters instead of rushing into the machine.

I'd like to know more about the characters as we go too. It feels like they're only giving us pieces, but maybe that's because their lives change when they come back.

Last episode we learned wyatts wife died. Lucy's mom was sick and she and her sister were caring for her. At the end of the ep, wyatts wife was still dead, but Lucy's mom was healthy, her sister never existed, and she was engaged. And Lucy's mom is a semi famous or at least respected historian.

This episode we learned Rufus is from Chicago, he was bullied, and later we learn from Mason all that is true, as well as he went to MIT and Mason covered it all for some reason.

It's an odd nuance, but I actually like the current pop culture references they're throwing in there. Nurse Jackie and Doctor Dre from General Hospital lol. Buck Rogers. Denzel Washington, the Donnie Wahlberg thing, Obama to the Nazi et al.

When Rufus met the other colored soldiers, the guy said his name was Nicholas Bittle right? He was a prominent name from the civil war and very old too I think. So at first I wasn't sure if his name was a nod to that, or if he was pretending to be a fake someone who had a bigger part in the scheme of things.

I totally thought that Lucy's fiancé would be the guy who played Robert Lincoln, but in present day cuz of that whole "fate" thing.

They aren't giving us much of the character's history because it seems every episode will literally see their (personal) history change in some way making it easy for them to just make stuff up as they go along and then alter details when it suits the writers. And yet the global effect of altered history been fairly minimal at best. So far.

Hindenberg did not drastically alter anything, Booth's not-assassination of Lincoln did not drastically alter anything. The modern guns used in the crimes did not drastically alter anything.

And if it has, they have been holding back.

The federal agent wouldn't tell them if anything changed globally or not except that there is now a school named after Juliet Shakesman. They're basically only going by what the people at Mason are telling them but I don't see Lucy being satisfied with just that. I fully expect her to investigate the changes in the events once she has time. They've only been involved with this what maybe two or three days real wlrld time.

Episode 2 was entertaining.

Well, about as much fun as you can have about the assassination of a revered historical American figure, I guess.

Reminds me of Sliders and the Stargate TV series. I still wish the first ep was heavier on introducing the characters instead of rushing into the machine.

#2? Then how come one of them mention nazis and I thought I missed a episode?

The federal agent wouldn't tell them if anything changed globally or not except that there is now a school named after Juliet Shakesman. They're basically only going by what the people at Mason are telling them but I don't see Lucy being satisfied with just that. I fully expect her to investigate the changes in the events once she has time. They've only been involved with this what maybe two or three days real wlrld time.
The school is a minor footnote though. Outside of the way the agency isn't telling them anything it is still on the writers to show these impacts are more than just little things. I'm not expecting them to come back ala TimeCop and find the place completely different but something more substantial than seemingly minor details would be nice.

This show treats time travel with the same haphazard approach as LoT but it's entertaining and I like the main characters, especially Lucy.

The school is a minor footnote though. Outside of the way the agency isn't telling them anything it is still on the writers to show these impacts are more than just little things. I'm not expecting them to come back ala TimeCop and find the place completely different but something more substantial than seemingly minor details would be nice.

i expect that down the road, but i dont mind a slow burn right now. i dont want everything right off the bat

I'm not saying spill everything, just something.

fair enough.

since Lucy is such a key player, i'd like to know more about her mother's legacy. it's been mentioned more than once how prolific she is/was, and some people seem to think Lucy doesn't really want to follow those footsteps.

crazy theory 2.0

Flynn is Lucy's Dad, now that we know Mr. Wallace wasn't truly her Dad, as in the current timeline now, he married a survivor from the Hindenberg. I think Lucy starts keeping a diary so she knows the original timeline and to keep track of changes. maybe she keeps it on her when she travels so it doesn't change, like her locket that has the photo of her sister.
what if Lucy is part of Rittenhouse and doesn't even know it (yet), or maybe her Mother?

i kinda want Lucy to seek out her "dad" just to see if any sort of thing clicks or resonates

Lucy will find out that her mother has been in league with some villain all these years who wants to level the glades.

The federal agent wouldn't know what has changed anyway, to her the current timeline is how things have always been and therefore normal. So if the time travelers want to know what has been altered they will have to find out for themselves. I'd also expect that after the first few missions they would get tired of doing that as things always keep changing.

One possible theory for why time isn't changing much is that time always manages to insure that the time travelers actually can go time travel. All timelines where they don't go back in time will paradox themselves out of existence and time fluctuates to something that makes sense.

That works for me lol

Also good point about the agent. I totally forgot about her saying that after she came back, lucys folder didn't mention a sister.

This week's timeless was a little different in format to the previous two episodes, which both started off showing us what happened in history in the original timeline. Unlike those two episodes, history didn't seem to be altered after the trip.

I'm getting bored of Elena Satine's performances. They'll nearly all the same, whether she's in Agents of SHIELD or Revenge or whatever it is.

Don't know what Visjnic and Max Headroom are planning with that atomic bomb core. Maybe they also didn't want to risk taking it with them in their time ship in case it exploded, which is why they just buried it to retrieve later in the present. But are they planning to use it in the present or take it with them to another time in history?

I thought they buried it because they knew they were being hunted since Garcia had a scuffle with Wyatt at the hotel.

I wanna know why Rufus is do protective of Anthony. I feel like he's more of a mentor or father figure than friend

what if lucys fiancé is a younger Garcia and that's why we don't know his name yet?

I thought they buried it because they knew they were being hunted since Garcia had a scuffle with Wyatt at the hotel.

I wanna know why Rufus is do protective of Anthony. I feel like he's more of a mentor or father figure than friend

what if lucys fiancé is a younger Garcia and that's why we don't know his name yet?

How can he be? How old is Visjnic? He can't be so much older. He wouldn't change in appearance so much. I don't think this is likely.

So this week's episode finally showed the sinister face behind Rittenhouse. I wonder if Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus will all join forces with Visjnic eventually.

Fun to see Ian Fleming. I think the time team should've introduced themselves with different names though, so that these could've ended up in Fleming's new Bond novel and the subsequent Connery Bond film. Lucy could've had more of a typical Bond girl name.

Is that f***ing Ollie?

Sure looked like him if it wasn't.

I wonder if Flynn was actually fired would they silence him or actually just let him leave no harm done.

Timeless Get Full-Season Order
NBC has set its midseason Monday strategy in motion with the extension of #1-rated Monday drama Timeless, bringing the full-season order to 16.

Timeless, which stars Abigail Spencer, Matt Lanter, Malcolm Barrett, Goran Višnjic, Paterson Joseph, Sakina Jaffrey and Claudia Doumit, has averaged a 2.7 rating in adults 18-49 and 10.7 million viewers overall in live + 7, making it the top-rated Monday drama so far this season in 18-49.

Timeless is undefeated in its Monday 10-11 p.m. ET slot among the ABC, CBS and NBC dramas thus far in “live plus same day” ratings through its first four weeks on the schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"