• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NBC's ''Timeless''

I gotta figure if it's renewed, we may be lucky if we get 8 episodes.

I remember Boardwalk Empre ended its final season with 8 compared to previous seasons with 12. Terrible decision IMO.

That cliffhanger! :wow: Lucy and Wyatt were like "Damn! future us look good!" :D

I enjoyed the Harriet Tubman episode bar the one point where special forces expert Wyatt missed several clear opportunities to kill the sleeper so he could run outside and be shot by Harriet. :funny: It was really interesting and the actress playing Harriet Tubman was excellent in the role.

I thought The Chinatown episode was going to tie into the film lol, but it was really good and I like Emma moving into the role of main villain, Annie Wershing is strong in the role and makes a great nemesis for Lucy.

I knew there had to be a swerve with Rufus death, the centerpiece of the show is the dynamic between the lead 3 and I can't see them removing any of them, but this season has also done a good job of developing Jiya, Mason and Agent Christopher, the only mistake they made this season is the love quadrangle, with such short seasons I don't see any point in muddying the waters instead of just putting Wyatt and Lucy together and focusing on the story.

Fingers crossed for a 3rd season!

That was a dramatic cliffhanger. Who was the pilot on that lifeboat?

They have to renew for season 3. They can't leave it hanging like that.

If they do have season 3 it means they can go back to a previous time in their lifetime now, which is exactly what Flynn predicted.

If it isn't renewed by NBC, what are the chances of this being picked up by another network?

I would've preferred 16 episodes like season 1. 10 was too short.

I do wish they wouldn't write cliffhangers for shows that are flirting with cancellation. :-/

Well there is this stupid unwritten rule that seasons absolutely must end with some sort of cliffhanger. The idea is it will encourage people to return. That it benefits the network and the shows potential viewer numbers. But as you say, when a show is on the verge of cancellation itd season's shouldnt end with a cliffhanger. It's nothing but a middle finger to the viewers and fans. I'm not even going to bother watching the last 3 episodes until its renewed. I just cant be bothered to waste my time and indulge the BS of television networks anymore. I dont appreciate spending hours of my life to wat h a show only to have it unceremoniously canceled with a cliffhanger ending.

I'm sure the writers wrote the finale probably in Feb or March and it wasn't filmed until April at the latest. Maybe they were aware of the ratings for the early episodes.

Though coming off nearly cancelled, they had to know they should end it just in case this was the final season.

Who is piloting the upgraded Lifeboat? Is it Jiya?

That new Lifeboat should have 5 seats instead. That way they could have had an adventure with Lucy, Wyatt, Rufus, Flynn and Jiya instead of having to make 2 trips.

I am eager to know what will be the decision regarding Timeless's fate. I know it was trending on Twitter on Monday night.

They need to shop it to another network if it doesn't get picked up by NBC. Surely someone will take them and realise they have a hit on their hands.

Who is piloting the upgraded Lifeboat? Is it Jiya?

Maybe. Obviously, the upgraded Lifeboat has solved some of the time travel restrictions that affected the older model (like going to the past and visiting yourself). And maybe it also comes with easier-to-use controls - so that Wyatt or Lucy can pilot. :word:

I do wish they wouldn't write cliffhangers for shows that are flirting with cancellation. :-/
I dislike cliffhangers in general but this especially. You know you're on the bubble or not guaranteed, don't do a damned cliffhanger.

I dislike cliffhangers in general but this especially. You know you're on the bubble or not guaranteed, don't do a damned cliffhanger.

Maybe they did it so that if NBC did cancel it, it would enrage fans so much that they would Tweet all about it and create a social media storm like last year.

Perhaps if they didn't do a cliffhanger, then people would feel that the series has pretty much wrapped up and there's no need to see what happens next, because we can rest assured that everything is in good hands now.

After all, this is a HUGE cliffhanger.

Showrunners try that a lot, and it almost never works. All they end up doing is hurting their fans. Just recently the Lucifer showrunners admitted to doing exactly that, and it blew up in their face.

That said, while I'm not a fan of this show, I do think they will give y'all one more (abbreviated) season, cliffhanger be damned.

I have seen so many times they tried this tactic to get them renewed but the problem is that usually series get canceled because they don't have the ratings (fans) to keep going. It almost never works and even when it does not translate into another season beyond the "saved" one.

So throwing the fans a cliffhanger that is almost certain to have absolutely no impact whatosever on their future is not fair to the fans

While I don't think cliffhangers buy shows more seasons, I do think there's something to be said for not making it easy for the networks to make that cut. "Oh, almost perfect closure? BYE!"

I don't think Abigail Spencer is thinking about the renewal at the moment. She's in Windsor in England for the Royal wedding.

I remain hopeful it will get an 11th hr renewal. Unfortunately, it'll be the last and probably only given 8 episodes.

So Abigail Spencer looks like she's turned up to the royal wedding in one of her Timeless period outfits. :funny:

MO1GJC4.jpg

priyanka-chopra-joins-abigail-spencer-at-royal-wedding-06.jpg

priyanka-chopra-joins-abigail-spencer-at-royal-wedding-02.jpg

Last edited:
She looks like she should be named Poppy.

While I don't think cliffhangers buy shows more seasons, I do think there's something to be said for not making it easy for the networks to make that cut. "Oh, almost perfect closure? BYE!"
All cliffhangers do is deny fans any kind of closure to a series when you leave someone literally lost to an unknowable future. Where do things go after that climatic scene that leaves no answers.

That is a major disservice more than an early series wrap up would be.

All 3 are friends?

Don't know about all 3. But certainly with Priyanka. They were holding hands at one point. Or at least she was with one of them. I can't remember which, and also not sure who is who.

If we get a season 3 she should wear this outfit on one of her travels.

So Abigail Spencer looks like she's turned up to the royal wedding in one of her Timeless period outfits. :funny:

MO1GJC4.jpg

priyanka-chopra-joins-abigail-spencer-at-royal-wedding-06.jpg

priyanka-chopra-joins-abigail-spencer-at-royal-wedding-02.jpg

The chick in orange. Is that one who replaces Abby in Sleepy Hollow? Damn, that's a sexy trio of friends.

Finally watched the final eps..although the Jessica betrayal could be seen coming a mile away...that final scene with the second lifeboat...!!:eek: :up: ..probably the most badass scene of the entire series.

If they do have season 3 it means they can go back to a previous time in their lifetime now, which is exactly what Flynn predicted.

...when?

Maybe. Obviously, the upgraded Lifeboat has solved some of the time travel restrictions that affected the older model (like going to the past and visiting yourself). And maybe it also comes with easier-to-use controls - so that Wyatt or Lucy can pilot. :word:

Or maybe they spent years training how to pilot he thing....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"