• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantasy Netflix's One Piece Live-Action TV Show

Okay, I have to ask- and I guess I could ask the same for Netflix Bebop, but at least there, Yoko Kanno returned to composer- but is there any legal or rights reason as to why the adaptation can't use the soundtrack from the anime itself?

Sure, some tracks may not translate as well to live-action compared to animation, but I'm just wondering if there's an actual reason live-action anime adaptations can't pull much from their animated counterparts.

The music composers did the first season of The Witcher, who then got fired and replaced for Season 2 for absolutely no reason.

More believable Nintendo fan than Chris Pratt. :o:o:o

Hear Aurora’s One Piece song ‘My Sails Are Set,’ and the wild story behind it

“Being fans of the anime ourselves, we knew that we had to have a song in the show,” Belousova tells Polygon. “And as soon as we watched episode 7, literally, a song was born on the spot.”

That song is “My Sails Are Set,” released on Friday in anticipation of the One Piece’s Aug. 31 premiere on Netflix. Performed by Norwegian singer-songwriter Aurora, the ballad rocks out to a tune viewers will soon recognize as the theme to one of One Piece’s core characters: Nami. Played by actor Emily Rudd in the series, Nami is a thief who sails One Piece’s fantasy seas in search of pirate treasure before meeting the show’s hero, Monkey D. Luffy, who hopes she’ll settle down and join his pirate crew. Episode 7 struck a particular chord with Belousova because Nami’s mysterious motivations represent the “emotional arc of the season” and the penultimate episode of season 1… remains faithful to the manga. No spoilers for the uninitiated.

Yeah, if my guess is right, this song is totally playing during that moment I’ve seen fans talk about and that we got a glimpse of in the second trailer.

I already get emotional just listening to the song by itself. I can’t even imagine how I’m going to be during the actual episode. :funny:

More social media reactions:

Also, trailer for the Japanese dub for the series was released:

That Japanese dub one...maybe it's because I haven't watched One Piece in years or because she's doing it different for live-action, but Mayumi Tanaka's got a bit of a deeper voice there for Luffy compared to how she does the voice for him in the anime. Same for how she did Krillin. It's not an issue or anything, but something that stuck out to me.

If that's Oda's library, given his association with Watsuki, I would tread carefully there.

I see nothing wrong with supporting One Piece, but I don't actually have much respect for Oda.

I have to say it. What if this is a success? Will we see more anime adaptions? I feel like we’ve learned a lot since dragon ball evolution and there’s no guarantees in life but I mean…ludi Lin, you’ll never get a better Goku than him

If Netflix Piece is a success- though I don't see it lasting very long- all it would do is cancel out the failure that was Netflix Bebop. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see studios suddenly going through the anime archives to see what they can adapt. Granted, One Piece is so extravagant that maybe its success would make it easier for adaptations of anime that aren't nearly as imaginative. That said, after Dragon Ball Evolution, any studio who'd want to try that again would have to be insane.

Unless Netflix is prepared to pour every dollar they have into Netflix Piece's future, this series probably has a short shelf life. The Devil Fruit users alone could burn through the show's budget unless they take shortcuts like....I dunno, having Aokiji just be a walking ice cube?

kuzan-one-piece.gif

If this is a success I hope for a live action adaption of Visions of Escaflowne

I really liked he first two episodes. Much more then the first dozen or so episodes of the show I watched. Show has a great energy, and I'm already in love with the main trio, especially Zoro, who has a very cool vibe.

I'm utterly baffled how this show has a more "serious" tone and quality casting of supporting roles then Cowboy Bebop. A far better understanding of the material. Buggy's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"