Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

Maybe we see how he gets the scar first.

Whole Superman thing makes perfect sense to me, much as Cavill was never the problem.

You're getting a new Batman guy, might as well do a soft-startover and bring in two new takes on the big guns at the same time. The public only really responded to Wonder Woman well, so you keep her.

That's why I don't get all this unchecked anger. Yeah, I also thought Cavill looked good in blue tights with a cape. But I mean, audiences generally rejected that take. It's like do you guys really think Marvel was going to keep on Andrew Garfield when they finally got their chance to do their own version of Spider-Man?

Yeah, adding the scars is a huge improvement.

NKCldSc.jpg

I hope they aren't afraid to downplay how good looking Cavill is, I want them to show no restraint in having Geralt get covered in dirt and blood and getting his face scratched, bruised and sliced open.

Those qualities only make him more attractive to the women he meets.

I really hope they are going to put some money into the production not just in terms of signing Henry Cavill.

I like the Marvel shows and all, but they are starting to show how held back they are by budgeting constraints. I hope with only 8 episodes, they are willing to spread it around and give us some really impressive sets and monsters. I don't think it needs to be Game of Thrones level. Even Game of Thrones in its first couple of seasons clearly cut corners where budget was concerned.

For the best if so.

I really hope they are going to put some money into the production not just in terms of signing Henry Cavill.

I like the Marvel shows and all, but they are starting to show how held back they are by budgeting constraints. I hope with only 8 episodes, they are willing to spread it around and give us some really impressive sets and monsters. I don't think it needs to be Game of Thrones level. Even Game of Thrones in its first couple of seasons clearly cut corners where budget was concerned.
Agreed. Although this is likely to have a much smaller cast so hopefully it can be GoT production standards or at least not too far off.

I want it to be as good as that CGI trailer "A Night to Remember". Granted it's a climactic battle, and majority of Witcher is walking and talking. If they want to turn it into a big franchise, they need to spare no expense. The first impression needs to be strong.

Of course if it's a cheap cash-in for Netflix, then we shouldn't expect much.

F
I want it to be as good as that CGI trailer "A Night to Remember". Granted it's a climactic battle, and majority of Witcher is walking and talking. If they want to turn it into a big franchise, they need to spare no expense. The first impression needs to be strong.

Of course if it's a cheap cash-in for Netflix, then we shouldn't expect much.
I really hope it looks as good as that and has a similar impact. If Netflix don't take advantage of this license and this opportunity, my view of them will go down considerably. Really hope they put everything into this. It's stuff like this that I pay my subscription for.

If Netflix plays it right this could be their GoT, there's so much potential for this and it already has a built in audience, I'd be hugely disappointed if Netflix didn't put some serious money into this, especially since they're more than capable of affording any budget the show could possibly call for.

If Netflix plays it right this could be their GoT, there's so much potential for this and it already has a built in audience, I'd be hugely disappointed if Netflix didn't put some serious money into this, especially since they're more than capable of affording any budget the show could possibly call for.

I doubt it would be a got. Unless it's not a geralt story. Got was political but stories of a few characters caught up.

I really don't know, but hope it's as good (or better) but it's own thing.

I doubt it would be a got. Unless it's not a geralt story. Got was political but stories of a few characters caught up.

I really don't know, but hope it's as good (or better) but it's own thing.
I think you took my use of GoT a bit too literally. GoT is a dark fantasy series with a fictional medieval inspired setting that's a flagship show for HBO, I think Witcher could be the same for Netflix if they give it the budget it needs and the showrunners do a good job with it. Although after the short stories the Witcher books end up getting quite a bit more political and put no small amount of focus on other characters and their own stories.

Last edited:
It’s only 8 episodes so I hope they really go for it and spare no expense.

I like the manip though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"